sboruske

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimted JL
Hey guys
I installed the rhino-rack heavy duty 3 bar system on my JL with a SB overlander XL roof top tent. At highway speed this set up whistle really bad. Does anyone have any solutions to combat this?
Thanks for the help
Sponsored

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I don’t have the whistle problem. But I am seriously considering setting up a faring to reduce some of the drag. I don’t see people with rooftop tents and bulky roof racks running fairings. And I’m not sure why.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys
I installed the rhino-rack heavy duty 3 bar system on my JL with a SB overlander XL roof top tent. At highway speed this set up whistle really bad. Does anyone have any solutions to combat this?
Thanks for the help
Thats my exact set up. I have experienced it and I believe it is coming from the end caps. I thought it was coming from the underside of the heavy duty cross bars but after experimenting I think it's probably the end caps-or at least that is what I am going to try messing with next. Might just put some tape over them to see if it minimizes the noise. If I figure it out, I will let you know. Forgot to mention, one of the things I tried is wrapping a bungie cord around the front bar. That seems to work for some people but didn't really change things for me. Give it a try!

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Try taking some black wide vinyl tape and put it length wise over any slots in the bars going across the roof. This should cut that whistling

OP
OP

sboruske

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimted JL
Guys
I've put the rubber inserts that rhino-rack includes in the kit and that seem to working so far. Thanks for all the replies.
Cheers boys!
Sponsored