First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
Just took delivery of my bumper this week. An unmentioned benefit of this bumper over my stock steel bumper is that I can fit a 35” spare (BFG KO2) in the stock location.
Awesome, thanks for the kind words! Be sure to post some installed shots and let us know what you think about the quality :)
Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
The JL backup sensor bezels have a slant in them to aim the sensors. Are the center sensors supposed to point down and the outboard sensors supposed to point down and out? Alternatively, the JT bezels appears to have no slant, would it be better to use the JT bezels?
I’ll answer my own question; this video has a good explanation of how to remove the sensors from a stock bumper. It also has some good suggestions on how to aim the sensors in your aftermarket bumper.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Giving this a bump, but also letting everyone here know we are running our "Made in the USA Sale" during this interesting time.

Even though our JLForum discount is 15%, the Made in the USA sale may come out cheaper on some of our products. With that being said: Take 10% off AND get free shipping using code: USA

Let us know if we can help!

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
I would say this has been our most popular rear bumper we have. Full width for maximum protection while still remaining high and tight to the tub. Be sure to use our forum coupon code (JLForum) for some nice savings!

Sponsored

ATXRubican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would say this has been our most popular rear bumper we have. Full width for maximum protection while still remaining high and tight to the tub. Be sure to use our forum coupon code (JLForum) for some nice savings!
Does the USA code still work?

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

what a great looking bumper for a decent price point. just curious if you guys are going to do optional tire carrier add on?

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
what a great looking bumper for a decent price point. just curious if you guys are going to do optional tire carrier add on?
We are not fans of bumper mounted carriers. The stress a larger tire puts on a single hinge mounted piece (bumper) is a recipe for problems. We already offer our body mounted elite series tire carrier that will work just fine with this bumper.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

We are not fans of bumper mounted carriers. The stress a larger tire puts on a single hinge mounted piece (bumper) is a recipe for problems. We already offer our body mounted elite series tire carrier that will work just fine with this bumper.
thanks for getting back to me. Ill keep this in mind while deciding what i would like to do

Sponsored

ATXRubican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How do the back-up sensors stay in place?
I've watched a few videos, but the sensors (and housing) that's shown on the videos is different than what came on my stock bumper.
I've included some photos below showing the sensor and the sensor cut-out on the Cavfab bumper.
Should I have received some sort of adapter or something to make these fit and stay in place?

bs1.jpg

bs2.jpg

bs3.jpg

bs4.jpg

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
How do the back-up sensors stay in place?
I've watched a few videos, but the sensors (and housing) that's shown on the videos is different than what came on my stock bumper.
I've included some photos below showing the sensor and the sensor cut-out on the Cavfab bumper.
Should I have received some sort of adapter or something to make these fit and stay in place?

bs1.jpg

bs2.jpg

bs3.jpg

bs4.jpg
I presume your stock bumper is plastic? The mounting mechanism for the stock steel bumper is different, using a locking collar mechanism and making for a more direct replacement. I suggest glueing your sensors to your bumper, perhaps sanding down the mounting tab a bit to see if you can get a flush fit.

ATXRubican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I presume your stock bumper is plastic? The mounting mechanism for the stock steel bumper is different, using a locking collar mechanism and making for a more direct replacement. I suggest glueing your sensors to your bumper, perhaps sanding down the mounting tab a bit to see if you can get a flush fit.
Gotcha. Your presumption is correct, my stock bumper was plastic. Do you know of anyone else who has had to glue these sensors to the inside of the bumper? Just curious is there is a preferred glue to use for this type of application.
@CavFab_mfg - Is this your suggestion/recommendation as well?

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Gotcha. Your presumption is correct, my stock bumper was plastic. Do you know of anyone else who has had to glue these sensors to the inside of the bumper? Just curious is there is a preferred glue to use for this type of application.
@CavFab_mfg - Is this your suggestion/recommendation as well?
There’s virtually no load on those sensors, so any adhesive that can bond plastic to (painted) metal, withstand water, freezing and heat will do. Epoxy, JB Weld, 3M double sided tape, etc. I kinda like the idea of double sided tape as you can easily remove if necessary.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Yes, as mentioned above, epoxy is the go to for the sensors that come in the standard bumper. We realize that isn't super fancy, but thats about the only option Jeep left us with :P
Sponsored