AEV 2.0 Spacer for Rubicon

johncmd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
They were substantially cheaper than the brackets, are factory parts, and don’t reduce ground clearance. Control arm drop brackets work fine, too, they accomplish the same goal. The Mopar extended length control arms are only $60ish for both, though.
Womp womp
Sponsored

Sonny Hooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wow, looks Awesome!!! I was thinking of ordering this too. Was it hard to install? Do you think it can be done with a jack and jack stands?
I did this with two floor jacks and jack stands. Was very easy, just time consuming.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding the 2” spacer lift, AEV states:

*Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required.

I’ve seen pics of guys running this lift w/ the OE Rubicon wheels (on AEV’s forum) did they use wheel spacers? I can’t visualize why a spacer lift would impact the necessary wheel offset or backspacing. Can someone help explain why Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required for a spacer lift? Thanks in advance!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Regarding the 2” spacer lift, AEV states:

*Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required.

I’ve seen pics of guys running this lift w/ the OE Rubicon wheels (on AEV’s forum) did they use wheel spacers? I can’t visualize why a spacer lift would impact the necessary wheel offset or backspacing. Can someone help explain why Aftermarket wheels/wheel spacers are required for a spacer lift? Thanks in advance!
Likely because of the larger tires that you're capable of running with the lift. I had my 37s on my stock Rubicon for a couple weeks before I lifted it and even with 3.5" backpacking I was rubbing at full lock.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the response! I’m currently on 35x12.50x17 KO2’s on completely stock Rubicon OE wheels and no lift. No issues. Hoping someone sees this who’s installed the 2” spacer lift & is running the OE Rubi wheels.

Sponsored

chuy1021

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
The Jeep drives great. Since the kit keeps the OEM suspension not much has changed. We did go with AEV wheels which widened the stance slightly and also added the Mopar longer control arms to bring the caster To 5.35. The Jeep drives well at 75-85mph on the highway and there drives like factory on the rough city streets of Baltimore.
Sonny, thanks for the info I just got the kit also. Did you have to buy any additional part to install the mopar arms.?
Thanks in advance

Sonny Hooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sonny, thanks for the info I just got the kit also. Did you have to buy any additional part to install the mopar arms.?
Thanks in advance
Hey buddy, just the front lower Mopar arms. Reused the stock hardware to mount them.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey buddy, just the front lower Mopar arms. Reused the stock hardware to mount them.
Following up since pulling the trigger on this lift:

I added Teraflex Sport LCA’s to push the front axle out to give more caster and for me, I feel the steering is equal or possibly tighter than stock. You can do the Mopar lift kit LCA’s for $60 however I went with the Teraflex because they are a tad longer and the Rubicon might benefit from extra caster due to the initial increased height over Sport/Saharan.

I added a Synergy front adjustable track bar. This isn’t 100% necessary however after lifting the Rubicon 2” my front end did move towards drivers side approximately 1/2”. Not noticeable to the naked eye but I wanted it centered.

For my needs, this has turned out to be a perfect fit.

jeepnewbie

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Wrangler Sport S, 08' Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
GE Aviation
Vehicle Showcase
Following up since pulling the trigger on this lift:

I added Teraflex Sport LCA’s to push the front axle out to give more caster and for me, I feel the steering is equal or possibly tighter than stock. You can do the Mopar lift kit LCA’s for $60 however I went with the Teraflex because they are a tad longer and the Rubicon might benefit from extra caster due to the initial increased height over Sport/Saharan.

I added a Synergy front adjustable track bar. This isn’t 100% necessary however after lifting the Rubicon 2” my front end did move towards drivers side approximately 1/2”. Not noticeable to the naked eye but I wanted it centered.

For my needs, this has turned out to be a perfect fit.
I’m also about to purchase this kit. Does it level out the Jeep or just slightly reduce the factory rake at all? Thanks

Sonny Hooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m also about to purchase this kit. Does it level out the Jeep or just slightly reduce the factory rake at all? Thanks
Leveled out mine perfectly. The front spacers are slightly taller than the rear ones.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DToxic

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Is the ride quality between the spacer kit and the dualsport suspension going to be a night and day difference?

jeepnewbie

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
GE Aviation
Vehicle Showcase
Is the ride quality between the spacer kit and the dualsport suspension going to be a night and day difference?
I installed it this past Saturday. It's a nice kit and easy to install. Love the fact that it comes with the Procal Snap. A local AEV installer had the kit in stock so I just went and picked it up. Ordered the tires on Friday so they should be in next few days. I'm also installing them on Rubi Recon wheels. I'll post pics afterwards.

Jostan

First Name
stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I installed it this past Saturday. It's a nice kit and easy to install. Love the fact that it comes with the Procal Snap. A local AEV installer had the kit in stock so I just went and picked it up. Ordered the tires on Friday so they should be in next few days. I'm also installing them on Rubi Recon wheels. I'll post pics afterwards.
I am eagerly awaiting the pictures as I am undecided about 35 vs 37's and already have the lift ready to install

jeepnewbie

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
GE Aviation
Vehicle Showcase
I am eagerly awaiting the pictures as I am undecided about 35 vs 37's and already have the lift ready to install
me too man just waiting on the tires to come in!
Sponsored