Sponsored

Stick with Collinite 476 or use "newer" tech?

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Collinite 476 has been my go-to protective coating for the past decade. I love the durability (6+ months), ease of application, and appearance. However, Collinite is an older technology and new products are rapidly hitting the market. I've been reading about some of the newer sealants and ceramic hybrids.

Can anyone provide feedback on what they use that may be equal or better than the 476s that I'm currently using?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Collinite 476 has been my go-to protective coating for the past decade. I love the durability (6+ months), ease of application, and appearance. However, Collinite is an older technology and new products are rapidly hitting the market. I've been reading about some of the newer sealants and ceramic hybrids.

Can anyone provide feedback on what they use that may be equal or better than the 476s that I'm currently using?
Thanks!
I love and use Colinite 845. I'm in a similar position as you as my bottle is almost done. I picked up a Sealant to try and see how it compares to Colinite over the summer time. What's appealing to me about a Sealant is it resists heat better(good for summer time) and harsher soaps don't destroy it. In terms of longevity though I doubt anything is going to top 476. Some will match it but not top it.

I enjoy trying out new products which is the only reason I'm trying something new. If you're happy with Colinite stick with it. 476 is a great wax. With that said some of these spray sealants and ceramics are supposedly giving 6 months of protection which is amazing for how easy they are to apply. When my Car Guys spray wax runs out I'm gonna pick up a bottle of the Turtlewax Seal and Shine.

OP
OP
madscientist

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
I love and use Colinite 845. I'm in a similar position as you as my bottle is almost done. I picked up a Sealant to try and see how it compares to Colinite over the summer time. What's appealing to me about a Sealant is it resists heat better(good for summer time) and harsher soaps don't destroy it. In terms of longevity though I doubt anything is going to top 476. Some will match it but not top it.

I enjoy trying out new products which is the only reason I'm trying something new. If you're happy with Colinite stick with it. 476 is a great wax. With that said some of these spray sealants and ceramics are supposedly giving 6 months of protection which is amazing for how easy they are to apply. When my Car Guys spray wax runs out I'm gonna pick up a bottle of the Turtlewax Seal and Shine.
Thanks for your input. I may pick up some of the TW S&S and try it on part of my daughter's truck to see how it holds up.
Sponsored