Did i buy a unicorn? 2 door Rubicon

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I live in Toronto, Canada. Got my 2019 Jeep Rubicon Summer 2019, it was marked way down so the price was only a little more than the Sport S, in my 6 months of owning this I have not seen another single person driving a 2 door JL Rubicon!
I live in Mississauga. I bought my Wrangler last summer too! It's a two door Sport S not a Rubicon though. I've only seen a 2 door Rubicon a couple of times... maybe one of them was yours lol
Sponsored

Mr.Fatstacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Sport Manual
Thatā€™s a wicked price. I got a JLR because I said exactly ā€œif I have to spend any over 30k Iā€™m gonna get EXACTLY what I wantā€ in hindsight I shouldā€™ve got the soft top :headbang:. As a fellow Canuck how do you like the soft top in the snow? Where are you from? Iā€™m from Fredericton.
The soft top has been fine for the winter, and am super stoked for it in the summer. The Jeepā€™s got a wicked heater, and I had the dealer add aftermarket heated seats (the only mod I didnā€™t do myself: was worried Iā€™d mess up the seat upholstery reinstall) so temp hasnā€™t been a problem. The interior noise is also lower than I expected.
The biggest downside to the soft top is when accessing the back and trying to fit things too tall to get in through the tailgate alone. Not a huge deal, just takes a minute more to open than a glass window would.
Wouldnā€™t change it if I was buying again!
Iā€™m out in the BC interior.

Last edited:

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I see a ton of them around here, but my area is seriously jeep heavy.

Riversslivers

First Name
Rivers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr rubicon, Pontiac firebird
Occupation
Lineman/handyman
The soft top has been fine for the winter, and am super stoked for it in the summer. The Jeepā€™s got a wicked heater, and I had the dealer add aftermarket heated seats (the only mod I didnā€™t do myself: was worried Iā€™d mess up the seat upholstery reinstall) so temp hasnā€™t been a problem. The interior noise is also lower than I expected.
The biggest downside to the soft top is when accessing the back and trying to fit things to tall to get in through the tailgate alone. Not a huge deal, just takes a minute more to open than a glass window would.
Wouldnā€™t change it if I was buying again!
Iā€™m out in the BC interior.
Noted, I had a trip to Mexico planned before all this craziness (today was supposed to be my first full day in the sun :crying:) So I might have to reappropriate those funds elsewhere :jk:. If only there was an aftermarket 2dr soft top comparable to mopar.

Sponsored

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Some great looking Jeeps on this thread!
I looked all over the DFW area for a JL 2 door Rubicon- only to find nothing by JLUs. One dealer had 38 JLs on the lot- all four doors. When I told him what I was looking for, he actually said "Nobody wants a 2 door Jeep."

Fortunately, I found my 2018 in Arkansas with 2,200 miles on the odometer (dealership owner's son had been driving it for a few months, and was finally told to "buy it or sell it"). I see very few 2 doors in the area (but did park next to an almost identical JLR at the airport once).

I get why people might need a back seat and extra doors, but 2 doors are the only way to fly for me (installed the 37" tires a couple weeks ago, and I'm loving the short-wheelbase-big-tire look :^).
2406a6f347224fe5f5a6798b28610b301b8362ea.jpg

f8d793818f12318bc27b3cc3ee6aea32da998b0d.jpg

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Noted, I had a trip to Mexico planned before all this craziness (today was supposed to be my first full day in the sun :crying:) So I might have to reappropriate those funds elsewhere :jk:. If only there was an aftermarket 2dr soft top comparable to mopar.
Have you checked Bestop?

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Krondor said:
Where did you get the duster? I've been looking for a good cargo cover.
Here's a link: https://www.rampageproducts.com/rampage-741135-tonneau-cover

Bestop also makes one now (although it went on backorder the day after they listed it on their site). I actually ordered the Rampage tonneau last year, but Rampage kept pushing back the launch date, so I cancelled my order. Earlier this year, they finally managed to get some in stock. The cover is really tight (for a while, I thought I would never get the front edge clicked in), but it works well. Unfortunately, the way the JL's tail gate is configured, the rear of the cover is higher than the front (so rain is going to roll down the cover and into the Jeep), but it does cover everything up!

Sponsored

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
AnnDee4444 said:
Normally I don't care for red accents on the wheels, but this look great!
Thanks! I don't particularly like red on wheels either (I was going to go with the Black Rhino Armory wheels), but every time I saw these KMC wheels, they just jumped off the page at me. I was surprised how different the Jeep looks with different tires/wheels. Next up- a Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper and winch!

BEFORE
efda463fa65beb7ab3b3d4c9720d9e0c4b33adc2.jpg

AFTER
c8793effe062939dbe7fd4005af91806d2d9a931.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Here's a link: https://www.rampageproducts.com/rampage-741135-tonneau-cover

Bestop also makes one now (although it went on backorder the day after they listed it on their site). I actually ordered the Rampage tonneau last year, but Rampage kept pushing back the launch date, so I cancelled my order. Earlier this year, they finally managed to get some in stock. The cover is really tight (for a while, I thought I would never get the front edge clicked in), but it works well. Unfortunately, the way the JL's tail gate is configured, the rear of the cover is higher than the front (so rain is going to roll down the cover and into the Jeep), but it does cover everything up!
Thank you!

I haven't seen Bestop's offering. I've been wanting to do the bikini, duster, and windjammer combo since I got my Jeep.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! I don't particularly like red on wheels either (I was going to go with the Black Rhino Armory wheels), but every time I saw these KMC wheels, they just jumped off the page at me. I was surprised how different the Jeep looks with different tires/wheels. Next up- a Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper and winch!

BEFORE
efda463fa65beb7ab3b3d4c9720d9e0c4b33adc2.jpg

AFTER
c8793effe062939dbe7fd4005af91806d2d9a931.jpg
Hard not to like the beefier look. Nice lookin Jeep! :like:

1lostCDN

First Name
Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 GMC Jimmy (Jeep coming soon)
I have finally found the good thread! Haha. I've always loved and wanted to own a 2 door Jeep. When I was growing up my dad owned a couple lifted Yj's and I just fell in love with them and driving them just put a massive smile on my face. Till this day I've wanted to build a manual yellow 2 door with some cool vintage vibes like polished MT 8 holes but I have no idea how it would look haha.

To all of you guys that have 6 speeds, especially ones running 37s, do you ever feel the Jeep is slow or just doesnt have enough power? I've heard information that 5th and 6th have such wide ratios that they are almost useless unless you are going 80 MPH. I'm looking to order my JL soon and I want real experiences from people who have put some miles on their JL.

All the rigs in the thread are awesome and I am glad to see a bunch of them here. Even surprised to see a few from my neck of the woods.

Heres a pic of what I want to order.

yellow rubicon.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have finally found the good thread! Haha. I've always loved and wanted to own a 2 door Jeep. When I was growing up my dad owned a couple lifted Yj's and I just fell in love with them and driving them just put a massive smile on my face. Till this day I've wanted to build a manual yellow 2 door with some cool vintage vibes like polished MT 8 holes but I have no idea how it would look haha.

To all of you guys that have 6 speeds, especially ones running 37s, do you ever feel the Jeep is slow or just doesnt have enough power? I've heard information that 5th and 6th have such wide ratios that they are almost useless unless you are going 80 MPH. I'm looking to order my JL soon and I want real experiences from people who have put some miles on their JL.

All the rigs in the thread are awesome and I am glad to see a bunch of them here. Even surprised to see a few from my neck of the woods.

Heres a pic of what I want to order.

yellow rubicon.jpg
The 6 speed is fine with 315's but may be a bit more of a challenge with 37's.

The new Jeep is much better than the LJ was, but I would say a regear will be needed if you go up to 37's.

My LJ was yellow. I look forward to seeing yours. :like:
Sponsored