HELLA YELLA Wrangler JL Club

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did a bit of wheeling. First time since the 3.5 Metalcloak and 37s were installed. All I can say is... WOW!

yellow1.jpg

yellow2.jpg
Sponsored

jbird55044

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubi Unlimited, 2018 Sierra 2500HD Duramax
Occupation
Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Got the front JCR Front bumper on today w/ the Warn winch. Not complete, but at least on to the point it won't fall off. It was a looooong day as there needed to be a fair deal of 'adjustment' (grinding, filing, painting) to get it to fit. The tire carrier in the back is simply the pits when it comes to being a well thought out solution. It seems really poorly engineered. Manufacturing is great (quality), but really poorly thought through in function and install. Then to add insult to injury, the Zeon was a tad too large to fit, thus required 3 removals, re-installs before I felt it comfortably fit in there. All is being videoed so hopefully others can learn from my trials and errors. :)

This week I will focus on power for the Winch, I'm running it through a power relay so I can control it from the inside power controls of the tow package,

20200323_013737000_iOS.png

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Yellow is so happy!
49713238127_6ad23fd885_k.jpg

49712920831_05043c95f8_k.jpg

49713237562_a45a2a41bb_k.jpg
The only issue is it is terrible for blending in to traffic or nature, although I can find it in a heart beat. Here is a "Where's Waldo" moment in an Oxnard (Southern California) Walmart parking lot, while we were on our way to drive on Pismo Beach a couple weeks ago (before the total lockdown of Southern California beaches).

IMG_6902.jpg

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
The only issue is it is terrible for blending in to traffic or nature, although I can find it in a heart beat. Here is a "Where's Waldo" moment in an Oxnard (Southern California) Walmart parking lot, while we were on our way to drive on Pismo Beach a couple weeks ago (before the total lockdown of Southern California beaches).

IMG_6902.jpg
Yep, it's hard not to notice it.

SunshneĂ—Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon

IMG_6902.jpg
Got a story. Had an older man come up and tap our window while we were in front of a store, planning on what trail we are taking. He says he loved our Yella because it reminded him of his late dad. He says his dad had a yellow hunting jeep that they would go hunting in. Now, everyone else had a hunting jeep, but they all painted their jeeps camouflage or green or black and kinda gave his dad a hard time about the yellow jeep. But his dad always had a good reason for the yellow jeep, "After a long day of hunting in the woods in the middle of nowhere, I'm always able to find my fucking jeep".

Metrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 HellaYella JLU Rubicon
Surprisingly enough, I have almost been hit multiple times in my yellow jeep. Every time, I can't believe the person didn't see a big yellow box there. I also had a Baja Yellow JK that was totaled when a teenager pulled right out in front of me.

Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Surprisingly enough, I have almost been hit multiple times in my yellow jeep. Every time, I can't believe the person didn't see a big yellow box there. I also had a Baja Yellow JK that was totaled when a teenager pulled right out in front of me.
Preach. I drove a dark blue sedan for 15 years, and I have had more people pull out in front of my giant yellow Jeep in 18 months than those entire 15 years in the car. It's mind boggling.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I've noticed the same thing.Maybe the yellow is searing their retinas temporarily.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Say hello to Spring!

20200402_120325.jpg

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Say hello to Spring!

20200402_120325.jpg
Hello Spring!! Going to 80Ëš here in Southern Arizona. Running around locally with the front window down. I need to look up the rules here in Arizona.

IMG_7338.jpg