Burger JB4 tuning available now

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
So update..... Still happy with my combination of JB4, @Mishimoto IC pipe and air intake, and GFB's DV+. I am running on Map2 with 91 or 93 octane (93 has gotten a bit hard to find lately and when it can be found it's $1 a gallon over regular).

No codes, no issues on traffic and long drives. Really happy with it.
hows the power feel? significantly higher than stock?
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
do you think you'd benefit from doing any exhaust mods ? debating doing the afe down pipe + a climber cat back
I'm waiting for the Borla touring climber which is supposed to be on it's way shortly.

I asked the Burger guys over a downpipe but they indicated it would trip the CEL.

Right now the limit to more power is charge temps, we need a better intercooler or meth injection to get the charge temps down.

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
I'm waiting for the Borla touring climber which is supposed to be on it's way shortly.

I asked the Burger guys over a downpipe but they indicated it would trip the CEL.

Right now the limit to more power is charge temps, we need a better intercooler or meth injection to get the charge temps down.
I gotcha makes sense. appreciate the response ! let us know how that exhaust is when you throw it on

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I gotcha makes sense. appreciate the response ! let us know how that exhaust is when you throw it on
The crazy Alfa guys are pulling 450hp from the 2.0L with front mount intercooler setups and a blueprinted turbo. So lots of potential. Nobody has blown up anything yet either.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
The crazy Alfa guys are pulling 450hp from the 2.0L with front mount intercooler setups and a blueprinted turbo. So lots of potential. Nobody has blown up anything yet either.
To be fair the alfa blocks are closed deck blocks and i think slightly different heads. Our decks are open in our jeeps

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
To be fair the alfa blocks are closed deck blocks and i think slightly different heads. Our decks are open in our jeeps
Actually they (GME 2.0) are all open deck. That’s verifiable on the Alfa forum. I’m also a member there. Now the Giulia does have the Mulitiair cyl head where we have a conventional dohc.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Wonder where these 450HP 4cyl gulias are, they sure arent on giuliaforums. Nor anyone with a custom IC or turbo.

@oceanblue2019 will throw your handle into his pile of burning books if you try to tell him that the Jeep 2.0 engine isn't the same engine as the Alfa 2.0. Even though the top half of the engine (cylinder head, valvetrain, etc) is different, he's convinced himself they are "99% the same engine" because the plastic covers fit each other and they use the same boost pressure sensors.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Actually they (GME 2.0) are all open deck. That’s verifiable on the Alfa forum. I’m also a member there. Now the Giulia does have the Mulitiair cyl head where we have a conventional dohc.
Oh TIL thanks man. I just always read that from different postings and an article i found about the hurricane engine.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Oh TIL thanks man. I just always read that from different postings and an article i found about the hurricane engine.
I did at first too. They’re wrong about the block though. It seems odd to have a completely different valve actuation but somebody decided that. Go figure.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
It seems odd to have a completely different valve actuation but somebody decided that. Go figure.
What I can't figure out is why. There's hardly any power difference between the two motors...

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I did at first too. They’re wrong about the block though. It seems odd to have a completely different valve actuation but somebody decided that. Go figure.
I believe we still have the same rev limit of 5.5k as the alfas. So I'm curious about the valve design.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I believe we still have the same rev limit of 5.5k as the alfas. So I'm curious about the valve design.
I think the redline is due to the small turbo. The tuned Alfas get a higher redline but HP peak still hits quite a bit before the stock redline.
Sponsored