Sponsored

Best Spray wax for New Jeeps?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Funny how passionate folks are for their brands they like so I won’t mention mine. You will never get a straight answer because there is no perfect spray. Being a detail freak it is funny however folks showing off their shine and many actually don’t need a spray wax but a full detail with paint correction. :)
Sponsored

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
Funny how passionate folks are for their brands they like so I won’t mention mine. You will never get a straight answer because there is no perfect spray. Being a detail freak it is funny however folks showing off their shine and many actually don’t need a spray wax but a full detail with paint correction. :)
Don't disagree to an extent. But my days of cleaning show cars are over. Zaino, meguiars, paste, liquid, clay I've used about everything. I was sceptical about the sprays to be honest. I think once you have a clean prepared surface, your choice of a good spray wax/sealer is a good idea. It's easy and fast enough to use regularly. My Ram 1500 needs a little attention first, then im going to top it off with ice seal and shine. I just need to find the time. That thing is big.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I’ve used many including Ice, Rain-X, Shine Armor, and Wash Wax All. Still haven’t tried Seal n Shine, that’s next. I can tell you that Shine Armor had the best look (also most expensive), Ice is probably the best for beading, and Wash Wax All is probably the best all around (can also be used as a waterless). That being said nothing beats a clay bar and proper wax!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Use this it's Turtle Wax but AMAZING. You can actually see me taking the picture
IMG_1124.JPG
Just picked up a bottle this morning, have used the Seal and Shine last year, basically as maintenance topper after washing. Hopefully this stuff work better.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Just picked up a bottle this morning, have used the Seal and Shine last year, basically as maintenance topper after washing. Hopefully this stuff work better.
picture says it all

Sponsored

Frustration

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19-JLU
I have found the TW Ice to attract dust while off roading, my jeep is always the most dusty. Is the Seal and Shine better at keeping the dust from sticking?
Yeah the seal and shine is much better.

I use it over a full ceramic coating as a touch up and protective top coat and it's slicker and better at shedding dust than the full on ceramic coating as well.

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
1. Initial rinse with power washer to get off any loose dirt
2. Foam bath and wash
3. Dry using leaf blower or compressed air
4. Clay Bar
5. IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol Blend with Windex and Distilled Water)- this takes off any oils or waxes and cleans everything

THEN

There are a few options after this. For a quick spray sealant that's excellent, I use either P&S Bead Maker or Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray. They are both easy to use, but Bead Maker is super simple and doesn't leave any streaks. It's great for the beginner detailer.

If I have time, I would first use Jescar Power Lock Plus followed by Collinite 845 wax. It has a learning curve but works extremely well and the car looks like glass when you're done. The Power Lock Plus has to sit on the car for 30-60 minutes before removed for best results, but it is real easy to wipe off.

Just finished the wife's Kia Telluride

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

And here's my Wrangler JL

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
The Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray is AWESOME!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
There are lot of different hybrid ceramic sprays out there. Most of them work similarly. I read a test somewhere and it favored Mother's CMX, so that's the one I have. It seems to last about 6 months on the horizontal surfaces on my JL that is not garaged, in socal.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I try not washing and waxing too often. The shine just makes the wavy doors more noticeable. :LOL:

I have a garage full of wax and polish.

I like Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray when I do wax though. It's a game changer. SUPER easy to apply and remove in all conditions. Warmer, cooler, sunny, it's all good. Does not turn black plastic gray or white. Last a LONG time too.

Mother's CMX would be a very close second choice for me. Excellent product. Same with McGuire's product.

I do not think you can go wrong with any of these products.

Sponsored

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
I’ve been using seal and shine for a few years now and I love the deep gloss it gives and it lasts for several months! Next up I’m going to give there ceramic spray a go since it gets such great reviews everywhere I read.

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
I’ve used Ice for a long time on paint and trim. Wash, dry, Ice.
Last weekend I did all the black plastic on my sic with F11 pored onto a rag and rubbed it in. 18 year old car with faded plastic looked new.

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (ordered), 2017 GX460
Gyeon can coat is a great choice. Adams graphene spray or Turtlewax fusion are great too iMO.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
After paint correction, Chemical Guys HydroSlick and then maintenance with HydroSpeed detailer.

Not quite as shiny as some others, but it's the most durable stuff I've found short of true, PITA, ceramic. Leaves the surface very slick and protected for a long time. Goes on and off like a dream, too.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I just tried Griots graphene detail spray. Works as well as Mothers CMX, but easier to wipe off. Did my wife’s Navigator with it and it makes it easier to wash. We’ll see how long it lasts.
Sponsored