Sponsored

Tell me about Dallas

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Texas in general is terrible. But everywhere else is worse so pick your poison... :giggle:

In the last four months we've only had about five days where daytime highs dropped below 60°
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I'm sure I've lived in worse places, but I really can't remember. I prefer it to Houston, but that surely isn't saying much. And anywhere in Texas is better than Austin nowadays.

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The Dallas Fort Worth metro area is crazy spread out, it covers a huge area.
Sterotypes... North Dallas is real pretentious and Fort Worth is all cowboys.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Random question from my other sister

She loves Mini's and always wanted one, would they make fun of her down there if she got one?

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Random question from my other sister

She loves Mini's and always wanted one, would they make fun of her down there if she got one?
No, they’re cool. You see tons of them in DFW. They’re kind of considered a small BMW. I know of at least three large Mini dealerships.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, they’re cool. You see tons of them in DFW. They’re kind of considered a small BMW. I know of at least three large Mini dealerships.
Pimptastic, and I got her into looking at used Mini's as it's cheaper too

I'm maximum jelly of them all, they get to move there and I'm stuck cause of the family business xD

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can remind her that she'll have to look WAY up at the F350 in the next lane, lol.
She keeps changing her mind about Dallas and the Mini

I think she should get a 2500/3500 and a Tiny house honestly, suits her more

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dallas is the "professional" brother who went off to Law school and cares a whole lot about being seen at bottle clubs, Austin the care-free musician waiting till his 40s to have kids, Houston the one who rarely shows up to family events but for some reason you hear about drama in his life constantly, SATX is the youngest bro who you're just happy is still somehow employed and who updates you on the punk scene once a year, Wacos your looney cousin who got raised by the evangelicals so you just don't invoke that name

I've lived in all of em at this point. Dallas isn't as bad as everyone in Houston/Austin told me but it's not my vibe at all. I'm sure your buddy will fit right in. My neighborhood is all doctors/law/oil who go golfing everyday.

I'm moving to CO next week. TX since 2008. Time for new scenery!

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I hate driving in Dallas it’s so congested and nobody likes each other, when somebody’s pulling a trailer they automatically think cut him off so you learn to be a very good and very aggressive driver when pulling, I love Arlington though it is a jack of all trades kind of city on the plus side gas is cheap and it’s a 1,000,000 times better than LA:like:

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I’ve lived in Texas all my life. I grew up in Houston until I was 10...now that I’m older I’m glad we moved out of that shithole. I’ve lived in the Valley since then. You mention Brownsville...in comparison to Dallas, you can’t compare. Brownsville is full of illegals and not much to do. Place has exploded and grown a lot Over the last 10 years though. I live in the upper valley but was originally from the lower valley. People talk about hot but we get it seriously hot and humid down here. Not much to do down here except bbq, drink, and go to the beach. Shoot guns. Go hunt in season. A lot more to do in Dallas. My goal is to move west of San Antonio after the kids are done with school. Everything west and north of SA is awesome and beautiful.

BTW tell them Texas is full again and to find a job elsewhere.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve lived in Texas all my life. I grew up in Houston until I was 10...now that I’m older I’m glad we moved out of that shithole. I’ve lived in the Valley since then. You mention Brownsville...in comparison to Dallas, you can’t compare. Brownsville is full of illegals and not much to do. Place has exploded and grown a lot Over the last 10 years though. I live in the upper valley but was originally from the lower valley. People talk about hot but we get it seriously hot and humid down here. Not much to do down here except bbq, drink, and go to the beach. Shoot guns. Go hunt in season. A lot more to do in Dallas. My goal is to move west of San Antonio after the kids are done with school. Everything west and north of SA is awesome and beautiful.

BTW tell them Texas is full again and to find a job elsewhere.
Too late, he's got accepted into the program

Fortunately, they're conservative's, so they won't turn the state blue

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Dallas is the "professional" brother who went off to Law school and cares a whole lot about being seen at bottle clubs, Austin the care-free musician waiting till his 40s to have kids, Houston the one who rarely shows up to family events but for some reason you hear about drama in his life constantly, SATX is the youngest bro who you're just happy is still somehow employed and who updates you on the punk scene once a year, Wacos your looney cousin who got raised by the evangelicals so you just don't invoke that name

I've lived in all of em at this point. Dallas isn't as bad as everyone in Houston/Austin told me but it's not my vibe at all. I'm sure your buddy will fit right in. My neighborhood is all doctors/law/oil who go golfing everyday.

I'm moving to CO next week. TX since 2008. Time for new scenery!
Nice write up, pretty accurate too. Just need something for Fort Worth. Maybe the brother that just wishes the family would leave him the hell alone?

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Hey! I am north of Dallas, 40 minutes from Love Field at 6 am, 2 hours at 8 am. North Dallas Tollway is super expensive if you drive it every day. Toll Tag will save you from taking out a loan each year. It is busy, but plenty to do. If you're into sports, pre/post-Corona, you find something to attend all parts of the year. Tons of shopping, Dr. money, head to the Galleria. I typically stay between 75 and the North Dallas Tollway. There is anything and everything between Allen, Plano, Frisco, McKinney.
So far, so good in my opinion. I am a 8th month old Texan though.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice write up, pretty accurate too. Just need something for Fort Worth. Maybe the brother that just wishes the family would leave him the hell alone?
LOL to be honest I actually never even visited Fort Worth.. so you're pretty spot on. Maybe the estranged uncle people only see at funerals who dresses like a cowboy?
Sponsored