Sponsored

Anyone have 2 door regret?

Bornabe

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Turbo EcoDiesel (Hellayella)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, its kind of like how the two door people who have no regrets are responding to a thread asking "Anyone have 2 door regret?".
The real question is, was the OP only looking for simple "Yes" answers with no opinions or thoughts or are a variety of answers, thoughts and opinions ok so the forum doesn't become an empty wasteland of no-one being allowed to say anything?
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The real question is, was the OP only looking for simple "Yes" answers with no opinions or thoughts or are a variety of answers, thoughts and opinions ok so the forum doesn't become an empty wasteland of no-one being allowed to say anything?
Just my thoughts. He or she was probably just trying to get an idea if space was livable or doable on a daily basis? I am sure there is value for the OP from both camps.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I recently acquired our JLR 2 door and have two young kids. Most people would say I should have bought a 4 door, I had regret for about 24hrs. But my heart is with the 2 door. I was shocked at how easy my kids hop right into the back, most of the time without even folding the passenger seat forward. Cargo space is scarce while having the car seats installed but we have other boring cars in the driveway for that! No regrets.
Same here..2 teenage daughters who play hockey.... most of the time only one set of gear but I am able to put 2 hockey bags in the 2 door... WITH the 4 of us in it....

No regrets...

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
9 months and 8k miles later, my daily driver and road tripper. still no regrets.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The reality is the 2-door is not nearly as popular as the 4-door and is not getting any priorities.

No Moab or Sahara models for the 2-door. No diesel is a bummer. What's the technical reason for not having a 2-door diesel? Room for the DEF tank? They found room for the eTorque and all it's plumbing and battery. Not FCAs doing but the 2-door aftermarket is slow also.
No 2dr Gladiator either, might already be in my garage if there was one :(

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have 2DR envy. I’ve got a fam of 4 with dog. So 2 door wasn’t an option. But it is usually just me...almost never need the extra space. And I have always preferred the look of the original 2 door Jeep. Oh well...love the JLU I have.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

2 Dr is great - me and the dogs

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Ordered a 2-door (manual!). Had a JKU from 2013-2016. Stoked, to say the least.
I have two boys, who I’m sure will love climbing in and out as much as they wanted me to get one. No longer have two 60# dogs, and I’m a serial grocery shopper - I should be fine. :)

Now, the real question - anyone slept in their 2-door sans rear seat with an air mattress??

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
No Moab or Sahara models for the 2-door. No diesel is a bummer. What's the technical reason for not having a 2-door diesel? Room for the DEF tank? They found room for the eTorque and all it's plumbing and battery. Not FCAs doing but the 2-door aftermarket is slow also.
I can see the two door not having enough physical room for the diesel/DEF tank/whatever else the diesel now needs to be legal. It doesn't even have enough room for the 4 doors gas tank. I'd love to have that extra 2-3 gallons, and have a range over 300 miles.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Not for a second.
We had two 4 door JKs and can't imagine ever owning another.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I can see the two door not having enough physical room for the diesel/DEF tank/whatever else the diesel now needs to be legal. It doesn't even have enough room for the 4 doors gas tank. I'd love to have that extra 2-3 gallons, and have a range over 300 miles.
That DEF tank is about 5 gallons. Looks like they will need all of it. I am reading DEF consumption is way higher then FCA's estimates.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Loving the two door! No Regerts here haha!
No kids so took the back seat out the day after I got it home and now I have a mini-minivan Or should I say a mini delivery truck? I don't know what to call it but it works great for us. Had an 07 two door also. Love the super nimble go anywhere feel.
Now.... If they come out with a 2 door Gladiator.. well.... I may be singing an entirely different tune. Until then...short wheel base for the win!
Sponsored