First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
So... Been trying to order a HellaYella Rubicon for a month now. First a hold on manual transmissions and now a factory shutdown for COVID-19 because some jerks in China like to slaughter rare animals in open markets. Yes, I am frustrated.
Sponsored

kcn2vb

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Yeah, I get it, I've been waiting for a different color to come out, but I'm at the end of the time I can wait, probably was going to be ordering the HellaYella in the next 2 weeks. Now, it seems as though I'll be stuck just like you, I did find one that had 90% of the options I want, only 800 miles away. What will really frustrate me is if the prices get driven up because they aren't running the factories. They are already well overpriced, so the pricing when models get back into production better at least stay where it's at.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Yeah, I get it, I've been waiting for a different color to come out, but I'm at the end of the time I can wait, probably was going to be ordering the HellaYella in the next 2 weeks. Now, it seems as though I'll be stuck just like you, I did find one that had 90% of the options I want, only 800 miles away. What will really frustrate me is if the prices get driven up because they aren't running the factories. They are already well overpriced, so the pricing when models get back into production better at least stay where it's at.
I believe they’d be trying to sell more so than people will be trying to buy.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
...because some jerks in China like to slaughter rare animals in open markets. Yes, I am frustrated.
Yeah, I am too. They were selling delicacy that they had no business of eating or selling. One person’s stupid and selfish actions has caused the world to go bonkers. And not only that, but this person’s actions are responsible for the deaths of all the people who have perished and will perish from the virus. That’s a heavy burden to carry.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yeah, I am too. They were selling delicacy that they had no business of eating or selling. One person’s stupid and selfish actions has caused the world to go bonkers. And not only that, but this person’s actions are responsible for the deaths of all the people who have perished and will perish from the virus. That’s a heavy burden to carry.
They traced it to patient 0?

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
They traced it to patient 0?
Yes, the origin of Covid19 was traced back to a wet market close to Wuhan that quickly closed shop and left shortly after the first infection.

This is from the outside looking in, but that market had to have had a small and niche following. I’m sure someone knows the business owners within that circle.

I can’t imagine that it’s good to be them right now.

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
Yes, the origin of Covid19 was traced back to a wet market close to Wuhan that quickly closed shop and left shortly after the first infection.

This is from the outside looking in, but that market had to have had a small and niche following. I’m sure someone knows the business owners within that circle.

I can’t imagine that it’s good to be them right now.
They were most likely the first to die.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I believe they’d be trying to sell more so than people will be trying to buy.
True.. They'll be trying to sell more but since they're shut down for at least 2 weeks, they're also making fewer Jeeps. When they do get going again, there will be shortages on parts since the places that manufacture the parts were also affected by the virus. Then they can slow production if Wranglers aren't selling well. Although it would be great, I just don't see any huge incentives coming. Don't want to be a Debbie downer lol.. just my 2 cents.

What will be coming is really low interest rates on car loans. My credit union is 2.29% for 72 months right now.

Sohm Wan

First Name
Sohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit 2011
#metoo. i have been looking for a jeep for so long and was hoping the prices would drop. i even would settle for the 2019 variant since i did not notice any major changes. but dealers are playing the hard game. and i have not notice the drop in rates to finance.

Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
#metoo. i have been looking for a jeep for so long and was hoping the prices would drop. i even would settle for the 2019 variant since i did not notice any major changes. but dealers are playing the hard game. and i have not notice the drop in rates to finance.
Keep watching. I'm a member of NFCU and their rates were 2.99% / 72 months just last week on a new car. There are several articles out there talking about rates dropping right now and the longer this quarantine lasts, the lower the rates will be. You should really look into financing through a credit union - they always seem to have the best rates (unless you can get 0% through a dealer bank, but from what I hear it's basically impossible on a Wrangler).

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I suspect near term incentives will mostly consist of low interest loans. I wish they would offer some cash since I will take delivery soon....but I don’t think that will happen.
Sponsored