Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am talking about an XJ .
I have two XJs. one is plain jane, the other has a 4 1/2 lift with 33. Going to get the grinder and sawzaw out today and make more room for the tires.

Going to trim the fenders on this. I picked it up two days ago for a daily driver.
08361684992_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=QbNkt4--GUcAX8bZRlb&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.jpg

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I love XJs, still miss my 1997. The " youngest" XJ is 19 years old ! I wanted a 2 door, to make into a Roadster Pickup, but years, and Rust got in the way...

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yea because they will be using an EMP way out in the middle of no where is what happens every dam time. Face it, newer vehicles are far more reliable than vehicles of the past unless your talking about an XJ. Those are like hammers in a world of eggshells.
But I'm worried about what happens to my JL when they shut off the homing signal from the mother ship?
Iain-Alexander-Ing_3337616b.jpg

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Too many unreliable electronics easily disabled By EMP or otherwise. Complex t battery system. Complex overhead cam engine with a lot of parts and cooled egr . Takes over an hour just to get to the driver side plugs... Nice larp but try again. There are way better vehicles.
EMP will kill a battery/coil ignition dead. Where you gonna find a coil and condenser that still works after an EMP event? That kind of thing happens and I'm gonna start drinking all my wife's expansive (and expensive) wine collection.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
A
I love XJs, still miss my 1997. The " youngest" XJ is 19 years old ! I wanted a 2 door, to make into a Roadster Pickup, but years, and Rust got in the way...
Atta boy, we can be friends now. Im dropping a 4.7 stroker in my 01’ this summer. Cant wait!

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
EMP will kill a battery/coil ignition dead. Where you gonna find a coil and condenser that still works after an EMP event? That kind of thing happens and I'm gonna start drinking all my wife b 's expansive (and expensive) wine collection.
Nope the good ol school steel construction And heavier insulation acts as a faraday cage in the event. Its likely 90’s and older car would stall but quickly restart in a HEMP event. Due to the JL’s aluminum hood etc and multiple tiny vulnerable modules canbus etc. it’d likely be fried. Im not into larping , but do you . I guess air soft is fun.... :LOL:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Nope the good ol school steel construction And heavier insulation acts as a faraday cage in the event. Its likely 90’s and older car would stall but quickly restart in a HEMP event. Due to the JL’s aluminum hood etc and multiple tiny vulnerable modules canbus etc. it’d likely be fried. Im not into larping , but do you . I guess air soft is fun.... :LOL:
The real question is: where are you going? If we're being nuc'd, I just as soon drink. That's about as far as I larp. I don't know what air soft is or whether it's fun.

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
But I'm worried about what happens to my JL when they shut off the homing signal from the mother ship?
Iain-Alexander-Ing_3337616b.jpg
You know , you laugh at this pic but cruising at 35,000 feet plus is like 100 times the amount of radiation you receive on land . aircraft fuselage are not really shielding much since they are designed for weight reduction. so some pilot's like to wear some extra protection.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
You know , you laugh at this pic but cruising at 35,000 feet plus is like 100 times the amount of radiation you receive on land . aircraft fuselage are not really shielding much since they are designed for weight reduction. so some pilot's like to wear some extra protection.
That’s not where I would put the protection
Sponsored