Sponsored

Jeep owners probably most prepared for Corona Virus

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Honestly, there will be plenty of time for finger pointing after this is over.

We need everyone using their collective energy figuring out what to do from this moment forward.

We all need to determine what we can do to pitch in and be part of the solution.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Ok...we all get it that there's people on here that aren't Trump supporters. BFD! If you want to continue on with that, why not compare the response that Obama had with the H1N1 virus??? I don't hear anything about that...all I hear is Trump bashing. Fine! Everyone gets it. But let me tell you, 1,000 Americans died BEFORE Obama did anything at all with H1N1 and ultimately, 60 million in the US acquired the disease and nearly 13,000 Americans perished because of his lack of inaction in just a year's time. We are 3 months into the COVID-19 issue being in the US. For a global pandemic, that really isn't a bad number. And everyone on here is up in arms about the perceived lack of inaction by the Trump Administration with this. So far, the US has around 4,700 cases of COVID-19 and around 80 deaths. Will those numbers increase? Absolutely and probably dramatically too. But maybe...just maybe...the action that the government took early on with the travel ban from China could possibly make it less of a monster. What if the administration didn't act with that ban when it did? Think of where we might be now if the administration had waited another 2 or 3 weeks to act. As a medical professional dealing with this every day, I wouldn't consider the current numbers that you hear about a lack of action. If you're not on the front line dealing with this issue then you most likely don't know the real story and all you're doing is getting your info from the media...whom btw, is responsible for the hype and hysteria of all of this!!! Overall, this country is doing very well compared to others. The biggest downfall is the current lack of testing. Now, H1N1 was/is not the same virus as COVID-19...albeit that it is a coronavirus...but nonetheless, it was a pandemic just like the situation we are in now. Is this a dangerous virus? Yes. Will we...mankind...overcome this? Yes, we will. There are already vaccines being worked on that are in the pipeline and I do believe that one was going to be trialed beginning today on a number of human volunteers. In my professional medical opinion, COVID-19 is more like SARS, but the only way to currently treat the symptoms is the same way you treat the flu. I have been part of the treatment team for one infected person so far and I'm sure there will be others to come. Furthermore, it is projected by the CDC that 80% to 85% of those infected will experience "mild" symptoms and survive just fine. I am updated by the CDC, the NIH and my state's own Department of Health Services more than once a day. It's been exhausting at times...believe me. This is a very fluid situation and at present, seems to change from hour to hour.

With that said, the bottom line here that makes me so upset is the way that this continues to be politicized. Doing that serves the community/country no good and it only spreads additional fear and chaos. This virus DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE so therefore, this is not a time to politicize any of this and again, like I've previously said, those that continue to do that do nothing but help the media promote the hysteria and chaos that they are looking for. This isn't a political virus but there appears to be some that want to make it that way...this is a human problem...a planet earth problem and this is a time to come together, not divide!

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
people are pissed because while China was rushing to build a hospital, trump was like "oh, lol, there will be a miracle, don't worry brah...". meanwhile, fox & friends is telling people as late as Friday "oh it's a perfect time to fly cause the airports are empty!!" and GOP congressmen (nunes) is telling people 'if your not feeling sick, get out there to a pub and support local business..."

...then they declare a state of emergency.

little things like that tend to piss people off.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
people are pissed because while China was rushing to build a hospital, trump was like "oh, lol, there will be a miracle, don't worry brah...". meanwhile, fox & friends is telling people as late as Friday "oh it's a perfect time to fly cause the airports are empty!!" and GOP congressmen (nunes) is telling people 'if your not feeling sick, get out there to a pub and support local business..."

...then they declare a state of emergency.

little things like that tend to piss people off.
Leaving the liberal and conservative media out of the picture for a moment, the core of your statement is true: the Trump administration (and Trump himself) has sent the most chaotic messaging I have ever heard from a government.

did you hear the latest? A couple of weeks ago, according to Trump, everything was “perfect. Perfect plan. No worries.”

today Pence just asked the construction industry to DONATE N95 masks to their nearest hospital and not order any more.

yep..... “perfect plan......”

it is stuff like this —- when Trump is unable to just speak to the American public straight- no hyperbole, no BS, no bragging, no blaming everyone but him injects a level of uncertainty into the whole equation that, quite frankly is dangerous to health and now the economy.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
All you need to know is that things are much better with this Virus than the one that infected Racoon City

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Dont' know about you, but if it hits the fan here I'm taking the JLU deep wheeling into the woods with some hard core camping equipment. Anyone coming within 200 feet of our camp will be met with extreme prejudice.l. Cant think of a better bug-out vehicle for this crisis.
Too many unreliable electronics easily disabled By EMP or otherwise. Complex t battery system. Complex overhead cam engine with a lot of parts and cooled egr . Takes over an hour just to get to the driver side plugs... Nice larp but try again. There are way better vehicles.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Too many unreliable electronics easily disabled By EMP or otherwise. Complex t battery system. Complex overhead cam engine with a lot of parts and cooled egr . Takes over an hour just to get to the driver side plugs... Nice larp but try again. There are way better vehicles.

Yea because they will be using an EMP way out in the middle of no where is what happens every dam time. Face it, newer vehicles are far more reliable than vehicles of the past unless your talking about an XJ. Those are like hammers in a world of eggshells.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Congrats. It only took a week of crisis to show your true racist colors.

Not even fox has been dumb enough to print the racist terms on the screen under their name.
So the bar is that set that low.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Yea because they will be using an EMP way out in the middle of no where is what happens every dam time. Face it, newer vehicles are far more reliable than vehicles of the past unless your talking about an XJ. Those are like hammers in a world of eggshells.
I am talking about an XJ .

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Congrats. It only took a week of crisis to show your true racist colors.

Not even fox has been dumb enough to print the racist terms on the screen under their name.
:CWL::LOL::CWL:

th?id=OIP.jpg

German Measles. Spanish Flu. Middle Eastern Respiratory Virus. West Nile Virus

This virus came from China. Kung Flu is a play on the words Kung Fu, a Chinese martial art. China is a nation, not a race, you racist
Sponsored

Last edited: