Sponsored

Where do you mount your hi lift?

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Mine lives in the corner of my garage as well. I believe that it's older than I am, I remember using it around the property as a kid for various things, primarily pulling posts out of the ground. I think I only ever lifted a pickup/jeep with it 3 or 4 times. They're dangerous and I'm honestly surprised with how litigious we are that they are still on the market, keep to one side of it with your head and body far away from the handle especially while lowering and watch carefully to see if it looks like it is going to kick out. Other than that, keep it clean and lube it before every use and you'll be fine. I'd be really curious how often the jacks I see on Jeeps are used. I'm a fan of that tool, when you need one you need one, but it's not something I carry in my Jeep.
Stopped carrying mine too. Too bulky and heavy. I carry a small bottle jack with extensions from Safe Jack. Saves space and weight. Speaking of weight, mounting a hi-lift up at the top of the roll bar is a lot of weight up high from a center of gravity perspective...
Sponsored

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
I'll add another strong endorsement of the @Dominion OffRoad roll bar mount.

A breeze to install, solid construction and a firm grip of the Hi-Lift.
No rattling when you use the Hi-Lift handle keeper.

No need to pose with your Hi-Lift on the outside of the Jeep, this is a much better option.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the Dominion mounts with the Bestop? I assume it works, but is a little cramped getting it in and out?

....that’s what she said.....before anyone else says it :)

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a safe jack 'sargeant' bottle type that can lift up to 36'' from the rock sliders. When I did have a high lift I used the rear bumper mount.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I don't store it on my rig.
Hi-Lift Jack mounted.jpeg

EAG Universal Jack Mount Bracket on Bumper Tube Fit for 1 1/2 inch-2 3/8 inch Diameter Tube
Nice! I'd love to see more shots, including close-ups of how exactly the mount attaches to the bumper.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Nice! I'd love to see more shots, including close-ups of how exactly the mount attaches to the bumper.
Here is a picture of the brackets for bumper tube mounting, pretty self explanatory.
Hi-lift mounts by AEG.jpg

I have a lot of off-road miles using these and they are holding up beautifully. Photo is without kit supplied rubber tubing installed on the S.S. u-bolts. I have found the large wrench-less knobs to be adequate for securing the Hi-lift. I do not store it on the rig when not in use. I don't always carry it on all trails either. On club runs many members always carry vs alone I always carry.
Hi-Lift Jack mounted.jpeg

Last edited:

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Where do you mount your hi lift?
An interesting question for a girl to ask on a first date.

Here are excerpts from your answers.

"I used a fiber door casing shim pushed in between the shaft and the slide to eliminate any rattling."
"my jack is 25 years old, may have more play"
"Mine has literally been sitting in the corner of my garage since 1999. I won it in a raffle and have never used it. Maybe I'll take it out someday and have a look at it. To be honest, it scares the hell out of me."
"amazed that I haven’t had a single solitary rattle"
"worry about actually getting it off"
"I don’t have a soft top, only hard top"
"When hi-lifts are outside.... they gum up and stop working.......both nuts are the same size to make removing it easier"
"I’d considered trying wing nuts"
"I was lookin to get a Hilift. Then I realized that I. Can’t use it"
"I don’t think I used it once on the trail.....I used it a few times in my old XJ.....Other than extra weight, it’s not hurting anything and not in the way"
"As ironic as it sounds, I just used it last night helping my buddy....It earned it’s keep as a passenger"
"Behind the spare."
"removed it because of the rattle problems and it was in the way"
"Too bulky and heavy. I carry a small bottle jack with extensions"
"No need to pose with your Hi-Lift on the outside"
"is a little cramped getting it in and out"
"Nice! I'd love to see more shots, including close-ups"

Sponsored

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
does dominion holdr works with OEM soft top?

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I ended up buying the "carry bag" for it and using 4 velcro straps to secure it to the rear seat posts on the floor. Very secure. Out of the way of passengers. Inside the vehicle. Easy access. No rusty on my jacky.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
How much does that interfere with the windshield washer spray?
I heard back from Hi Lift, they told me that with the jack mounted there (using their mount) you’re likely to get 80% of the sprayers original coverage at 40+ MPH meaning that you’ll get less <40MPH.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I heard back from Hi Lift, they told me that with the jack mounted there (using their mount) you’re likely to get 80% of the sprayers original coverage at 40+ MPH meaning that you’ll get less <40MPH.
Then maybe it isn't so bad! I'll take a look at it. What's the minimum jack height required for a lifted JL with 35" tires? I would want it to be as short and light as possible. Would a 38" be sufficient?

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does anyone have the Dominion mounts with the Bestop? I assume it works, but is a little cramped getting it in and out?

....that’s what she said.....before anyone else says it :)
I'm wondering this too, particularly with the TrekTop.
Sponsored