Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Smart financial move to put things on hold, wait for positive signs, and possible future deals. Besides, what fun is having a low interest car payment and a new JL sitting in the garage because of quarantine? I really have nowhere to go right now with all the shut downs and other possible shut downs without notice. Playing in the hills just doesn't feel right to me right now until things shake out more clearly.
now is the time to be buying parts and doing your installs lol.
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Max, I'm guessing I'm older than you so I'll put forward some sage advice. :) I've been through a few of these (none from a damn virus though), and while it is quite aggravating the market will rebound. Maybe now as soon as you want (didn't for me), but it will get there. As the old saying goes, "This too shall pass". I hope you can get that Jeep soon.

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Buying a car cheap is the least of our problems. What we save on a car will be offset by the negative effect on the economy. It's not looking good. There will be more pain before it's over. Markets are free fall again this morning.
Future’s were up big last night and the market was climbing since the opening bell. Not sure where you get your facts.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Future’s were up big last night and the market was climbing since the opening bell. Not sure where you get your facts.
We have another five or six weeks of this market volatility ahead of us....we’ll have some good days, but I am planning for some more down. Futures aren’t very reliable right now...recovered 1/3rd of yesterday’s losses today...but look out below, not sure all the bad is behind us. Positively is good...but we’re in uncharted territory.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
my wife works for CBP (customs) in the inbound section inspecting seized cargo. she said over 60 ships have been denied entry into the LA/LBC ports and are being told to wait off the coast for at least two weeks. right now they barely have any work to do. every day ships come in with cargo. there will be a massive delay in imported goods. similar to the dockworkers strike a few years ago.
Unbelievable. Well, that's the way it is.

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
The economic effects have barely started to hit. Literally not one mortgage or rent payment has really been effected yet. Entire industries are being decimated. The entire tourism, food and drink, car services, airlines, movie industries are shut down. They are not slowing, they are dead. Millions of employees from those industries will not be spending a dime hurting more industries.People who had money in the market to buy a home may have had that money crushed. People needing to sell homes. I'll be hitting 50 in a few and I can't think of anything like this economically in years.

The big bright side is - this will end. There is no doubt it will end. It is just a case of when. The medical community is doing some stuff with plasma of people who recovered and built up anti-bodies, there is stuff in the works to create vaccines, supposedly AIDS vaccine does some good. This will end.

I don't see any $3,500 rebates, I forget who said that.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Headline today:
Big 3 automakers to temporarily close all US plants due to the coronavirus outbreak, this includes Jeep.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
You just need to buy some stocks, BA if under $50, Boeing is too big to fail and US govt will bait them out. If you can hold on to that for one year, 10x return is not something out of reach. Then you are talking about a fully loaded Land Rover Defender or an AMG G-class.

Jughead

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon
Dealer I've been tracking is posting these 2 discounts. Trying to find out what they are.

TIPP 3A DOUBLEDOWN CONQUEST PROGRAM TDM OFFER$2,000

TIPP 3B DOUBLEDOWN CONQUEST PROGRAM TDM OFFER$2,000

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Putting all my cash for Jeep parts into buying stocks at big discounts.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Putting all my cash for Jeep parts into buying stocks at big discounts.
You will either be the smartest man alive or the dumbest.

It takes both to make a market. Good luck and I hope that you are right!

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I had planned to use the bonus I am set to receive next week to put a big down payment on a new JLU. Instead, with the market crashing and financial uncertainty everywhere, I'm holding off on buying my first Jeep. I'm hoping later this year that things will have returned to a more "normal" place and I'm able to afford it. In the meantime, I'll continue to live vicariously through you people on this forum!
I took delivery of my 2020 JLURD 3.0L diesel. Loving it! The zero minute commute to the home office is robbing me of seat time in the new rig though.
Thinking of naming the rig COVID19 as a reminder it was born during this time.

The 2008 financial crisis and impending recession was a shock. It drove me to change my investing strategy and methodologies.
Glad I did. Market up, Market down, I don't frown, I have cash all around.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I took delivery of my 2020 JLURD 3.0L diesel. Loving it! The zero minute commute to the home office is robbing me of seat time in the new rig though.
Thinking of naming the rig COVID19 as a reminder it was born during this time.

The 2008 financial crisis and impending recession was a shock. It drove me to change my investing strategy and methodologies.
Glad I did. Market up, Market down, I don't frown, I have cash all around.
or My Corona:like:

2f2r

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU S
You just need to buy some stocks, BA if under $50, Boeing is too big to fail and US govt will bait them out. If you can hold on to that for one year, 10x return is not something out of reach. Then you are talking about a fully loaded Land Rover Defender or an AMG G-class.
The lowest it's been is 90

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
The dealers that are open are getting desperate. I got an email offering 0% for 84 months on a wrangler
Sponsored