WhiteGold

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR White
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fairly new to Austin and I just got my first Jeep! I guess I should get around to making a Facebook account if I'm ever going to find anyone to head to Hidden Falls with.
The best part is if you go alone, you can ask any group leaving area B and most are good with you joining their group. The more the merrier! Just do not hit the trails alone- meaning only one vehicle. These trails change with every rainfall and you can get in bad situation real quick if you don't know what you are doing.
Sponsored

thepriceisright

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR (sold)
Great suggestion! I was hoping Austin Jeep People would be doing a newbie run soon but their event schedule is a little light right now.

WhiteGold

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR White
Vehicle Showcase
Great suggestion! I was hoping Austin Jeep People would be doing a newbie run soon but their event schedule is a little light right now.
Because of the heat! I know of one coming up in September I think Baldy's Jeep Shop is hosting. PM me if you want to go sooner and i will see if my buddies are free and we can run some easy stuff!

Bucaro

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Sportage, MB GLS 550
I would also be interested in joining you guys. The only problem is my JLUR has not been delivered yet!

WhiteGold

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR White
Vehicle Showcase
I would also be interested in joining you guys. The only problem is my JLUR has not been delivered yet!
I always have an open seat! I know is not the same thing, but at least you can hang out and have fun and you can get a sneak peak of what's in your future!

Sponsored

Bucaro

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Sportage, MB GLS 550
I always have an open seat! I know is not the same thing, but at least you can hang out and have fun and you can get a sneak peak of what's in your future!
Thank you for the offer!

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Come up north to OK, Beavers Bend.
I rent a cabin in Broken Bow twice a year and I must say off roading the back woods and mountains in the surrounding areas is amazing. Nothing come close here in Texas that I have found yet.

WhiteGold

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR White
Vehicle Showcase
So, My favorite so far has to be Hot Springs ORV Park in Arkansas, maybe its the change of scenery, but my local park is Hidden Falls in Marble Falls, TX.

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
I rent a cabin in Broken Bow twice a year and I must say off roading the back woods and mountains in the surrounding areas is amazing. Nothing come close here in Texas that I have found yet.
Looking at going on a "road trip" where / what trails in Broken do you take ?

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Looking at going on a "road trip" where / what trails in Broken do you take ?
I see you live in Frisco... I live in Celina so we are practically neighbors. Head north on 259 from Broken Bow and go a little past Hochatown. Look for gravel roads with no street signs on your right which will sneak up on you since hidden in trees. They pop up a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile from each other. GPS should show some of these. We tackled about 5 of them and they are not too crazy but the scenery is beautiful!

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Does anyone know of anything way out west? I'll be heading out to the Balmorhea area for work. I will be there for a while. I will definitely hit up Big Bend, but is there anything else?

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know of anything way out west? I'll be heading out to the Balmorhea area for work. I will be there for a while. I will definitely hit up Big Bend, but is there anything else?
Big Bend is about 2 hours from there. Good for a weekend trip. Dunno of anything else besides Wolf Caves and K2 in Mason, TX but that's about 4 hours back east of Balmorhea.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
I haven’t really got in to true wheeling much but I hear lots of good things around here about Hidden Falls so I need to go check it out.
Personally, I enjoy driving Big Bend’s 4x4 roads for the rugged isolation. That will be my first trip once the JL arrives.
Big Bend is definitely a trip worth taking. Very cool hiking for sure. And dangerously fun 4WD roads at speed! We did one day going from Chisos campground West, South and then back to the Chisos on Black Gap. Second day of hiking up in the Chisos and last day crossing to Mexico for an early lunch and then leaving the park on a 4WD road in the East - maybe Telegraph road or something? But, let's be honest, there's nothing of any real difficulty there. My wife's Toyota highlander could do anything at Big Bend. The one thing I would stress as others have is preparation. If you are going solo and are not in a group, just be careful. We had back-ups to back-ups, full recovery gear including a land anchor (no trees), lots of fluids and spares, compressor, tools, etc. and an Iridium SAT phone with the right numbers for a tow as a last resort. Plus day packs and proper hiking gear to walk back out to the main road if needed. We saw two rigs on the trail that were stranded - one toppled down the side of a hill (no serious injuries per the Ranger) and another that had busted something mechanical on Telegraph. They had both been there for weeks. So, don't let that be you! One other tip ... don't get too far away from your rig when you are near the river. We were warned that folks will cross from Mexico and break into cars while folks are out hiking. That's why we did most of our hiking up in the Chisos, with our car safe and secure in the camping area. But definitely a return trip someday.
Sponsored