Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread

Jiveturkey

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Huh! I tried a few websites and put my jeep info in and the site said it didn't fit my vehicle. Oh well.
Sponsored

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped by Tint World and got the Jeep tinted this morning with their premier ceramic tint. Very happy with the overall turnout and it's definitely going to keep the Jeep cooler this summer in the Texas heat. I went with the darkest tint they had (think 5%) on the back windows and rear hatch window and 25% on the driver and passenger windows. I wanted to get 70% on the windshield but they wanted $200 just for the windshield which is half the cost of the other 5 windows. Wasn't really wanting to spend that, may go back and get that done later.

No Running Boards & New Tint 2.jpg

No Running Boards & New Tint 3.jpg

No Running Boards & New Tint 4.jpg

No Running Boards & New Tint 5.jpg

No Running Boards & New Tint.jpg

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Dropped by Tint World and got the Jeep tinted this morning with their premier ceramic tint. Very happy with the overall turnout and it's definitely going to keep the Jeep cooler this summer in the Texas heat. I went with the darkest tint they had (think 5%) on the back windows and rear hatch window and 25% on the driver and passenger windows. I wanted to get 70% on the windshield but they wanted $200 just for the windshield which is half the cost of the other 5 windows. Wasn't really wanting to spend that, may go back and get that do
Looks very good. How bad are cops with dark tinted windows? I'm originally from FL and they pretty much left you alone.

Sponsored

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks very good. How bad are cops with dark tinted windows? I'm originally from FL and they pretty much left you alone.
It's all legal here in Texas, haven't had an issue yet.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
@IceInfusion Thanks. I tend to road trip at night so having night time visibility from all sides is imperative but also I want more privacy since I sleep in my Jeep as well on top of keeping travel gear in there. I may get 25% on the fronts and leave the rear alone as suggested.
Anyone got 25% on the D and P only and found that it matches the rear very well and how do you feel about night time driving?

@Avar928 Did you get a chance to look into this

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Anyone got 25% on the D and P only and found that it matches the rear very well and how do you feel about night time driving?

@Avar928 Did you get a chance to look into this
I haven't yet but still plan to once things get back online.

I found this video of 20% on the fronts showcasing at night and looks like it doesn't hinder night vision.

Robb924

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I went with 3M Ceramic, 15% on the fronts, 30% on the rear over the factory tint and 50% on the windshield.

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread IMG_2206
Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread IMG_2207

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
5% ceramic on all windows, 35% ceramic on the windshield.

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread IMG_2207
Is that a full tint on your windshield? Is that legal? I've only heard of windshields being a no-go for tint other that a small strip on top.

Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Now I wish I didn't have dealership tint all the way around.

Robb924

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Tinting the windshield isn't legal in Colorado.
I was worried that 50% tint would be too dark but seeing it on, it's light enough so it won't draw attention while still giving UV protection.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Is that a full tint on your windshield? Is that legal? I've only heard of windshields being a no-go for tint other that a small strip on top.
I did the same. Here in Florida no tint is legal per se, but it gets pretty hot and the suns rays are mercilessly on your interior. Even marked LE vehicles are tinted. I have the pleasure of working with almost every municipality state and local here in Florida and they pretty much say as long as you’re not rude or drive like an A-hole, they’re not gonna bust your chops about tint if you should get pulled over for another infraction. Now, if you are driving distracted or speeding then you are rolling the dice that the proverbial book will be thrown at you.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Ok, never thought of tinting the windows as I live in Michigan and our sky is overcast. We average about 175 days of sun an year. SO the other days are fucked. I plan on traveling out west a lot in the Jeep so it looks like tint will be part of the upgrade. So off to check the laws for Michigan.
TINTED WINDOWS

Question: Can I have tinted windows on my vehicle?

Answer:
The law that covers window applications is . The use of tinting is limited to the rear side windows, the rear window if the vehicle has outside mirrors on both sides, and the top 4 inches of the front side windows. There is a limited exception for medical necessity with a doctor's prescription, which allows for tinting to be applied to the front side windows as well. Michigan does not have a specification for the darkness of the window application, but does prohibit applications with a solar reflectivity greater than 35%.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
For those of you running a ceramic windshield tint, and have polarized glasses, do you guys see any rainbowing?
Sponsored