First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Here's a couple of pics of mine back then with RC spacer and 37s on stock. Also needed 1.75" wheel spacers.
IMG_20180823_180844991.jpg
IMG_20180823_180828744.jpg
IMG_20190121_144325591.jpg

IMG_20180823_180828744.jpg

IMG_20190121_144325591.jpg
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
No problem. I just sold my RC lift with the new RC shocks for $100. Those RC shocks rode better than my Falcons. I think the 37s rode better too than the 38s. You'll love the spacer lift and 37s on stock wheels. Good luck.
I have 37" milestar's now and am considering going to the 38" milestar's on a 17x8.5" 4.75 backspacing wheel. Might be tight. I'm surprised that you felt the 37s load d ride better than 38s in load c. Can you elaborate?

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I have 37" milestar's now and am considering going to the 38" milestar's on a 17x8.5" 4.75 backspacing wheel. Might be tight. I'm surprised that you felt the 37s load d ride better than 38s in load c. Can you elaborate?
Yeah I think it was a combination of things. 37s were about 11 pounds lighter per tire and then you add the heavier beadlock wheels and I think that extra added weight you could really feel. That extra weight made it a little more sluggish and you could feel the stopping power were no longer as good. I'll be honest the stock wheels and 37s rocked, felt like stock driving it and being that much lighted absorbed the bumps better and less harsh.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Yeah I think it was a combination of things. 37s were about 11 pounds lighter per tire and then you add the heavier beadlock wheels and I think that extra added weight you could really feel. That extra weight made it a little more sluggish and you could feel the stopping power were no longer as good. I'll be honest the stock wheels and 37s rocked, felt like stock driving it and being that much lighted absorbed the bumps better and less harsh.
You didn't mention that you also went from stock wheels to beadlocks when going from 37s to 38s. The bigger tire by itself will make it feel more sluggish + you prob added around 35lbs per corner...you'll obviously feel that increase in rolling mass when driving/braking.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
You didn't mention that you also went from stock wheels to beadlocks when going from 37s to 38s. The bigger tire by itself will make it feel more sluggish + you prob added around 35lbs per corner...you'll obviously feel that increase in rolling mass when driving/braking.
I wish I could have put 13.5s on the stock wheels. I just kinda figured people would see my JL was now on beadlocks. Yeah it was a noticable difference but not a killer.

Sponsored

K.O.M

First Name
KING OFTHE MALL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K.O.M
Vehicle Showcase
38s
NO LIFT.
4DEA43C4-136B-4ADF-A989-AF0D348160A5.jpeg

Last edited:

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Hey guys, way late here myself to the party. Just wanted to get opinions on this setup (my JLUR is currently stock)
4” Superlift w/dual rate coils & Fox shocks
38” x 13.5” Cooper STT Pro
20”x12” Black Rhino Armory Wheels.

Is there another lift out there that I could use that is less than 4” (possibly the Metalcloak?) or should I stick with proposed setup. Don’t want to go higher than I have to. It’s a daily with weekend trail riding.

Thanks guys and hope everyone is well.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Hey guys, way late here myself to the party. Just wanted to get opinions on this setup (my JLUR is currently stock)
4” Superlift w/dual rate coils & Fox shocks
38” x 13.5” Cooper STT Pro
20”x12” Black Rhino Armory Wheels.

Is there another lift out there that I could use that is less than 4” (possibly the Metalcloak?) or should I stick with proposed setup. Don’t want to go higher than I have to. It’s a daily with weekend trail riding.

Thanks guys and hope everyone is well.
You'll clear 38s with 2.5" of lift. Most people go with the Superlift because you get a lot of extras for less money but I have no idea what kind of quality they are. I don't know anyone running them on Jeep's, mostly trucks. The MC lift is proven as is Teraflex, Rock Krawler, EVO and others. You're going to get hammered with the 20" mall crawler wheels. It's all about the money you want to spend. The set-up you have in mind sounds pretty good on a budget but again I don't know how the Superlifts are doing off road.

Sponsored

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
You'll clear 38s with 2.5" of lift. Most people go with the Superlift because you get a lot of extras for less money but I have no idea what kind of quality they are. I don't know anyone running them on Jeep's, mostly trucks. The MC lift is proven as is Teraflex, Rock Krawler, EVO and others. You're going to get hammered with the 20" mall crawler wheels. It's all about the money you want to spend. The set-up you have in mind sounds pretty good on a budget but again I don't know how the Superlifts are doing off road.
Thanks for the reply! I have decided to go with Metalcloak gamechanger 3.5", just means I have alot of saving up to do! I hear you regarding the 2.5", but I'm pretty sure it will rub with articulation. If it was strickly a mall crawler then that setup definitely would work. One of the reasons for wanting 38s over 37s is to try and make it less "low-profile" looking, not to mention they are $35 cheaper per tire. I'll do my best to get some axle reinforcement done before any serious offroading. Hope everyone is doing ok!

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Thanks for the reply! I have decided to go with Metalcloak gamechanger 3.5", just means I have alot of saving up to do! I hear you regarding the 2.5", but I'm pretty sure it will rub with articulation. If it was strickly a mall crawler then that setup definitely would work. One of the reasons for wanting 38s over 37s is to try and make it less "low-profile" looking, not to mention they are $35 cheaper per tire. I'll do my best to get some axle reinforcement done before any serious offroading. Hope everyone is doing ok!
Yeah the Game Changer is a beast of a lift and you can't go wrong with that. I will say I had the RC lift with 38s while waiting for complete systems to come out and it did well. If you go way back to the beginning of the Litebrite channel you'll see them run that RC lift with 35s, 37s and 38s. Kevin really put it through the shit and it did pretty well. Good luck with your build. As far as tires I wish I would have bought a few sets of the Mile Stars last year when I was paying $178 for 38s.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
LOL indeed, 37's with Rubicon stock fenders a 2.5" lift rub. Offset wheels don't fix it. A JL Rubicon on 37's, 3" fit stock offset wheels and fenders works.
Weird. I know I adjusted my bumpstops and very minor trimming and had no problems with 3.5" wheel BS. I don't think Litebrite or Wayoflife had problems either.