Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Once y'all have had to live on this garbage, you can eat anything...

Please MRE's are fine dining:) - you haven't lived until you've dug into a C-Rat, especially when you see date of manufacture June 1946 and it's June 1976 (I'm sure Mike can relate). First most everything was in cans so you got to lug all that weigh around.

They had such great cuisine like canned eggs and ham (actually looked worse than it tasted) and spiced beef (Alpo dog food was more palatable). Canned fruitcake could be used as a weapon in extreme cases. One positive, most came with canned fruit in heavy syrup - really good especially if cold.

MREs were kinda blah when they first were introduced, got a lot better over time. Having had K and C rats I will never complain about MREs.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Thanks Jake but I have to give a big fat NO on this one! Fugly color and that fukn wing! If someone GAVE me a C8 like that I'd have to change it! He can keep the yellow belts too! I'm happy for him, but no thanks.
I'd like the orange one with black leather. No wing.

Thanks.

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
These are the ones I still wear.

https://www.armynavyboots.com/Belleville-USMC-Steel-Toe-Boots-p/bel-550st.htm?1=1&CartID=0

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) {filename}

Edit: The boots they tried to replace these with are Garbage... worth a good "Rubbish!" from Clarkson.
Always liked Belleville and the brown rough outs were light years better than the old black Vietnam/Cold War era boots both all leather and jungle. Heard the Bates were decent as well - looked at the Danners but could never justify the price.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Theres no purple JL yet. Thats my color. Black otherwise. If they come out with a purple for the JL, available on the Rubi....
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) {filename}
That's the wife's choice.

I'm fairly sure the only way she's getting a Jeep is if it comes out in purple. Though she did like bikini, it wasn't purple. lol

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
I guess some days there just isn't enough coffee.
Just got home from buying a new coffee maker. Guess I wore out the last one. It lived a long life so out with the old in with the new.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Please MRE's are fine dining:) - you haven't lived until you've dug into a C-Rat, especially when you see date of manufacture June 1946 and it's June 1976 (I'm sure Mike can relate). First most everything was in cans so you got to lug all that weigh around.

They had such great cuisine like canned eggs and ham (actually looked worse than it tasted) and spiced beef (Alpo dog food was more palatable). Canned fruitcake could be used as a weapon in extreme cases. One positive, most came with canned fruit in heavy syrup - really good especially if cold.

MREs were kinda blah when they first were introduced, got a lot better over time. Having had K and C rats I will never complain about MREs.
well they still make the good MREs but see my post earlier about that specific menu of First Strike Ration... Rancid fake meat stuffed into fake bread... at least the snack mix was edible.