Sponsored

Upper front control arm length

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
@Metalcloak I am working on getting the specs for my 2.5" true dual rate lift and can't find the upper control arm specs for the 2.5" lift to get close to 6degrees caster. Last week i poke with customer service but cant find the paper where I wrote it down. I found the online specs for the 3.5" lift and the upper and lower lengths for 6 degrees caster but the 2.5" is not listed.

I like the idea of using upper and lower to get it dialed in and not just making the lower way longer. I want to be between 6 and 6.5 as my current JLUR with mopar lift LCA and no lift drives amazing on road. Once I loft I want to keep that as much as I can

Thanks for the information
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I can give you the recommended lengths we provide with our kits in hopes it maybe helps you out some. I'm sure it should get you close to where you need to be.
Screenshot (15).jpg

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I can give you the recommended lengths we provide with our kits in hopes it maybe helps you out some. I'm sure it should get you close to where you need to be.
Screenshot (15).jpg
@Clayton Off Road as always thanks for the great customer service! This is great information for me, but also for anyone else looking at this for their setup.

I am currently looking into your front and rear track bars and upper control arms for the front as I decided to go with the Mopar Lift based on advice from my local dealer when they were working on my JLUR for the front control arm mount recall. Eventually I will be getting all 8 control arms to go with this, and think it will be great for day to day use. Plan to use the overland arms.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road as always thanks for the great customer service! This is great information for me, but also for anyone else looking at this for their setup.

I am currently looking into your front and rear track bars and upper control arms for the front as I decided to go with the Mopar Lift based on advice from my local dealer when they were working on my JLUR for the front control arm mount recall. Eventually I will be getting all 8 control arms to go with this, and think it will be great for day to day use. Plan to use the overland arms.
Anytime, happy to help out! Adjustable control arms and track bars pair great with the Mopar springs!

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
how much caster do these settings get you close to?
Right around 5 degrees where we personally recommend! Should be compatible with most manufacturers kits that come with adjustable arms and track bars.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Right around 5 degrees where we personally recommend! Should be compatible with most manufacturers kits that come with adjustable arms and track bars.
I am surprised you push the front and rear axle out further. Any reason for that?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am surprised you push the front and rear axle out further. Any reason for that?
Wouldn’t you have to to recenter the axles? The lift will pull both axles toward the center of the vehicle at stock control arm lengths.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn’t you have to to recenter the axles? The lift will pull both axles toward the center of the vehicle at stock control arm lengths.
Extending control arms would return it closer to stock wheelbase at lifted ride height. However after compression the axle would be pushed further back. Wouldn't this be an issue with the spring and possible with the track bar binding? Not to mention possible clearance issues with factory tub?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Extending control arms would return it closer to stock wheelbase at lifted ride height. However after compression the axle would be pushed further back. Wouldn't this be an issue with the spring and possible with the track bar binding? Not to mention possible clearance issues with factory tub?
I suppose there’s some give and take with either approach. I’ve always adjusted mine to center them back up at ride height. That’s where a vehicle spends 90+% of its life. I wheel a lot, (two times to MOAB in February as an example) and haven’t found it to be a problem with my 3.5” MC lift. Only place I rub is the plastic liner behind the rear wheel (same as everyone) and I manage to hit all my bump stops when flexing.

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose there’s some give and take with either approach. I’ve always adjusted mine to center them back up at ride height. That’s where a vehicle spends 90+% of its life. I wheel a lot, (two times to MOAB in February as an example) and haven’t found it to be a problem with my 3.5” MC lift. Only place I rub is the plastic liner behind the rear wheel (same as everyone) and I manage to hit all my bump stops when flexing.
Yeah, i went with metalcloak's numbers with stock arm length and just adjusting for pinion angle rear and caster front. Don't have any rubbing w/ 37's at full flex either. However i am going to 40's soon with new axles which makes it a good time to readjust my suspension and just trying to figure out if i want to move my axles a bit more. More pushing it back means more cutting of the pinch seam when at full flex.

Maybe i am just overthinking things too much.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, i went with metalcloak's numbers with stock arm length and just adjusting for pinion angle rear and caster front. Don't have any rubbing w/ 37's at full flex either. However i am going to 40's soon with new axles which makes it a good time to readjust my suspension and just trying to figure out if i want to move my axles a bit more. More pushing it back means more cutting of the pinch seam when at full flex.

Maybe i am just overthinking things too much.
I’m jealous of the 40’s and new axles! That’s the dream.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The chart is meant to give you a good starting point, but you should always adjust accordingly to your specific vehicle due to tire size, amount of lift, added weight etc. If metalcloak gives you guys suggested lengths with their kit I would highly recommend using that (it seems most of you have), as they know what works best with their kit. My only intention was to help the OP out a little by giving him a place to start :)
Sponsored