OP

19SaharaLady

First Name
Crystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
I never used it on my muscle cars nor on my Jeep, I just clean my tires with an SOS.. it makes the tires look like new... and clean the white lettering if you have them.
Old school! I forgot - but that's exactly what my dad used to use (and probably still does - I'm just not there to see it) - on it - thanks for the reminder
Sponsored

KodyT215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
Had her a week - got her 1st bath today - the auto show girl in me says they should be dressed - but it is what it is - yeah, blacken 'em - but don't know that they should be glossy - wondered what everybody else does.
My tires came black so I don't do anything. My kids say it's a Jeep and looks "extra" when it's too clean...

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I have used many products over the years to keep my tires looking good. I have settled on TUF SHINE as it is “permanent” and can be applied in layers to make it glossier if one desires. I put permanent it in quotes because I prefer to reapply periodically to keep the tires looking good. I apply it about once a year which is way better than any other treatment I’ve used.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Best stuff i have used by far is coverall. Its in an aerosol spray and lays down like a glue. I made a 18" round template out of cardboard to cover the rim from overspray. Make sure you let it dry before driving.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I use Chemical Guys VRP because it's water-based and not ultra glossy. I like that it leaves a deeper black without all the gloss and doesn't make a mess.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I use Chemical Guys VRP because it's water-based and not ultra glossy. I like that it leaves a deeper black without all the gloss and doesn't make a mess.
Love it! A couple months after we bought my wife’s JLUR her tires still looked great. Called the dealer and they said they use Chemical Guys Tire Kicker. Bought some on amazon, used on my JLUS, and the tires look like new again. Not glossy, but showroom new.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I use Wash and Wax All to clean everything (except the fabric Sunrider, seats, etc). This is a "waterless" car wash product that does an amazing job on the paint, windows, wheels, and tires. Tires come out looking new and clean without a gloss or dirt-catching residue.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterless-Ou...=wash+wax+all&qid=1565045581&s=gateway&sr=8-3

IMG_1915.JPG
I don’t like the glossy wet look, just a deep black satin, like fresh tires.

Those tires look like they are blooming and in need of a really good cleaning/scrubbing. Pick up some tire cleaner to help get it off and back to black they will be.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
mud is a color.

:rain:

upload_2020-3-8_10-17-48.png

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
303 works great. It has UV protectant to keep tires black but not glossy. I use it on rubber and plastic. I'm sure there are other products that work great too..

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
303 works great. It has UV protectant to keep tires black but not glossy. I use it on rubber and plastic. I'm sure there are other products that work great too..
Agree 100% with 303 products.
Also use their fabric protector on my soft top..
Works great!!

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I like to keep my tires clean...but have never used shiny dressing. The reason? ArmorAll type slick/shiny tire dressings allow tires to cut easier on sharp rocks and in Arizona, we have lots of sharp rocks....Just to try it sometime, take an old junk tire and spray part of it with your shiny/wet dressing of choice and then run a knife over first the dry section of the tire and then over the 'dressed' area of the tire-the 'dressed' area will cut much easier and rocks can do the same thing to your tires.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Shine is like chrome on a jeep ... not necessary

Really?AJeep?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Fusion, '97 F-150, '07 Cummins, '22 JLR
Car wash soap, bristle brush, elbow grease. Have done that with all the vehicle tires I cared about and they always come out looking like new.

Plus I live in BFE and am always on gravel, tire shine just makes them attract dust.
Sponsored