• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Connecticut WTB: JL Tailgate reinforcement kit and oversized tire carrier

diexhard

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Ship or pick up in Connecticut, New York, Mass, rhode island

Mopar, EVO, Rusty's preferred but I'll consider anything that has some sort of hinge reinforcement to carry ridge grappler 35's
Oversized carrier as well

Thanks
Let me know
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the full MOPAR kit from the factory along with the relocation package if you want to look at shipping it. I swapped it out for the RR hinge kit.

There's a chance that after Easter I'll have family from NY coming down and might be able to send it up with them but if you want it sooner, we can look at shipping.

OP
OP
diexhard

diexhard

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the full MOPAR kit from the factory along with the relocation package if you want to look at shipping it. I swapped it out for the RR hinge kit.

There's a chance that after Easter I'll have family from NY coming down and might be able to send it up with them but if you want it sooner, we can look at shipping.
Where in NY will they be coming from? That could work, how much were you looking for it?

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Where in NY will they be coming from? That could work, how much were you looking for it?
They're in Binghamton/Vestal. I was thinking $300. Cost me $650 from the factory plus the brake-light relocation kit

Kenstaroni

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I've got a tailgate reinforcement kit (O-Motor Amazon) and a Rough Country rear tire carrier plate (uses stock tire carrier). $225 shipped if you're interested. Worked well for me carrying a 37" tire, just went with a swing-out rear bumper and don't need anymore.

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Ship or pick up in Connecticut, New York, Mass, rhode island

Mopar, EVO, Rusty's preferred but I'll consider anything that has some sort of hinge reinforcement to carry ridge grappler 35's
Oversized carrier as well

Thanks
Let me know
I don't really think you need a reinforcement tailgate hinge for a 35. I had a 37 on mine for about 6 months with no problems at all. I finally went with the RR when I went to 38s and beadlock wheels. Save your money.

OP
OP
diexhard

diexhard

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't really think you need a reinforcement tailgate hinge for a 35. I had a 37 on mine for about 6 months with no problems at all. I finally went with the RR when I went to 38s and beadlock wheels. Save your money.
I've read mixed reviews, my wheels and tires are close to 100 lbs i believe I think the stock limit is in the 80s I kind of want to err on the side of caution, unless i was overwhelmed with evidence proving otherwise.

JLUR IT

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've read mixed reviews, my wheels and tires are close to 100 lbs i believe I think the stock limit is in the 80s I kind of want to err on the side of caution, unless i was overwhelmed with evidence proving otherwise.
@diexhard Rusty of @RUSTYS knows more than me! You could just go with the relocation piece for now!

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
thanks man, again Im open to saving money haha
I don't even think you need the tire relocation. Jeep bragged about 35s fitting on a stock Rubicon so I definitely think you'll have no problems.

Sponsored

OP
OP
diexhard

diexhard

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't even think you need the tire relocation. Jeep bragged about 35s fitting on a stock Rubicon so I definitely think you'll have no problems.

What about the sport?

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I totally disagree with you on this. I had it on there and went to the RR hinge replacement kit because I felt like the tailgate needed MORE assistance. At a minimum I think anyone with 35s needs this. In my case, I wanted even more insurance

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I totally disagree with you on this. I had it on there and went to the RR hinge replacement kit because I felt like the tailgate needed MORE assistance. At a minimum I think anyone with 35s needs this. In my case, I wanted even more insurance
Like I said I had a 37 on there for 6 months and wheeled the shit out of it with no problem but what do I know.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said I had a 37 on there for 6 months and wheeled the shit out of it with no problem but what do I know.
Congrats!

I'm not saying it is going to fall off or something but I am saying that the tailgate definitely struggles with the weight. Listen to your gate and hinges with that tire on when you're swinging it in and out and think about what happens if you're on any kind of an angle when you're doing it. It'll swing out wide by itself on an upslope or try to crush you when you're on a downslope.

If your only goal is to keep it on the gate, do whatever. If you want a solution that offers some protection, reinforce. If, like me, you want to actually use your tailgate without worrying that it'll fly off one way or crush you the other, upgrade to a hinge kit.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Congrats!

I'm not saying it is going to fall off or something but I am saying that the tailgate definitely struggles with the weight. Listen to your gate and hinges with that tire on when you're swinging it in and out and think about what happens if you're on any kind of an angle when you're doing it. It'll swing out wide by itself on an upslope or try to crush you when you're on a downslope.

If your only goal is to keep it on the gate, do whatever. If you want a solution that offers some protection, reinforce. If, like me, you want to actually use your tailgate without worrying that it'll fly off one way or crush you the other, upgrade to a hinge kit.
It's a little 35" tire.
Sponsored