38's & 40's JL Pics W/Lift Kit! Post Em Up

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Wow. Tell us how you really feel about the tires. Seems like you may have come from a forum that cannot be named.

Anyways, I had the same tires in a 37 and they still have a decent bit of tread left. Nowhere near the wear bars in the tire.

I live in Northern California and where I go wheeling there is zero mud. Mainly slow speed crawling and some snow runs.

I will eventually look at either the razr mt/stt pro/trail grappler as my next set. One of the benefits of this tire is that it is inexpensive and wears quick so in 1-2 years when I am not buying new axles, driveshafts, wheels, etc... I can pick something else.
Truth is the truth. If you want to buy two sets of these that's fine I drive a lot on the highway and off road about 40%.most people can't go every weekend most people go about one weekend a month if they're lucky if you don't have kids doing sports or work on weekends it's hard to go every weekend like I said we try to go at least every can we get a chance but I don't think too many people that are out there every weekend and then I'm going to drive a lot of the highway to work and back as a daily driver I want something that's going to last. But hey if people want to buy this tire they can I guess I've had real good luck for the Coopers and toyo's

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Truth is the truth. If you want to buy two sets of these that's fine I drive a lot on the highway and off road about 40%.most people can't go every weekend most people go about one weekend a month if they're lucky if you don't have kids doing sports or work on weekends it's hard to go every weekend like I said we try to go at least every can we get a chance but I don't think too many people that are out there every weekend and then I'm going to drive a lot of the highway to work and back as a daily driver I want something that's going to last. But hey if people want to buy this tire they can I guess I've had real good luck for the Coopers and toyo's
Correct truth is truth as you said. This tire doesn’t fit your needs but it fits other people’s needs. So instead of knocking the tire because it doesn’t meet your needs just accept it and leave it be.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone measured a Pat next to a 40” of a different brand? Or measured a mounted 38” to see what the true size is? My father in law put 35’s on his Moab and it is a good riding quit tire...... and the price is cheap.

Sponsored

TXRed38

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
I’m selling my 38’s Toyo 38x13.50r20 for $1750 for five. That’s $350 each. They cost $500 each for anyone in the Houston area that could do a local pickup. I want to go down to 37x12.50.

581E1AC3-B019-457E-A4E2-98A9482CBA04.jpeg

TXRed38

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T
I’m selling my 38’s Toyo 38x13.50r20 for $1750 for five. That’s $350 each. They cost $500 each for anyone in the Houston area that could do a local pickup. I want to go down to 37x12.50.

581E1AC3-B019-457E-A4E2-98A9482CBA04.jpeg
he tires have around 3,000 miles on them. They are basically brand new.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Has anyone measured a Pat next to a 40” of a different brand? Or measured a mounted 38” to see what the true size is? My father in law put 35’s on his Moab and it is a good riding quit tire...... and the price is cheap.
I've had both.

40 = 39 Under Jeep 28 PSI
38 = 37 Under Jeep 28 PSI

Same as the Nittos.

20190312_152532.jpg

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Don't understand why everyone is buying this brand tire we have friends that ran them and got barely 30,000 miles on the highway with them if you're going to buy them for Rockwall and only it's great Tire it's a soft rubber I guess people are buying this tire because of the price because it's about half the price of a km3 Cooper SST and Toyos and Nittos.I'm over doesn't friends that are Discount Tire managers for 25 plus years I'm telling you can come back and tell me all the excuses you want why this to good Tire first of all I think the sidewalls ugly I'm just as my opinion I don't like the sidewall the tread patterns okay but the side walls are ugly in my opinion but this tire won't last over 25 30000 miles at the most if you drive on the highway why are people buying this tire low mileage when it a low mileage Tire. it's got to be cost it's the cheapest tire out there. No way can someone tell me this tire looks better than the km3 Cooper SST or Toyo and Nittos.Like I said say what you want I know people that have this tire and they wouldn't buy it again it wore out fast
Because they work way better. They're the lightest. They're super quiet for a mid tire. We don't buy tires because we like the sidewall. We can buy two sets for the price of one. We take them in the dirt not just the highway. Don't be mad at us because you bought the wrong off road tire and paid too much. Did that answer it for you. Now go get a set of Patagonia's and be happy like the rest of us. I mean if you can get over the looks of the sidewalls. Peace brother.

Petey003

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAM TRX, 2018 JLUR, 1996 H1 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Commercial Operations (TWF)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Trying to navigate and shop your website and almost none of the pages load fully with images? Your links won't fully load.

I'd love to shop your products.

Thanks

Sponsored

Petey003

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAM TRX, 2018 JLUR, 1996 H1 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Commercial Operations (TWF)
Vehicle Showcase
The ride is perfect. Everything is solid.
Hey,

Love your rig.

So you're running 2.5" RK and 40's? What bump stops are you running, that's the same set up I'm shooting at too.

Thank you!

TXRed38

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T

he tires have around 3,000 miles on them. They are basically brand new.
If anyone wants to make an offer on these and can pick them up in Houston. I will listen to any offer given due to the current situation. PM me. I am willing to entertain just about any offer, so give me an offer if this is what you are looking for. Thanks

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Agreed. There's nothing wrong with big tires and low lift. Seriously, the stock 33s on a JLR would have required 4"+ of lift for a TJ to fit. Sure, the TJ would have more ground-to-frame clearance, but let's be honest, which wheels better and is less likely to turn rubber side up?

If we're honest, a stock JLR might drag it's belly in places but it will absolutely spank the TJ in virtually any choice of terrain. There's nothing wrong with trimming to fit 38s or 40s with minimal to no lift. Adjust your bump stops, and live with less up-travel. Unless your planning to chase Raptors in the desert, you'll be just fine even with the loss in uptravel.
Disagree. Limiting up travel is limiting travel. Bad choice but maybe if you only wheel the street it is ok. But even then, you are going to constantly hit them for a poor quality ride.