Sponsored

Synergy vs dyna trac lifts

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Two questions for you...how much more has to go on the JLU sport to bring 3" down to 2"? I would like to run 35s with rubi takeoff wheels and a steel front bumper, and wonder if that's enough to hold down the Mopar lift from being too tall. The other question is what lifts do you think are most comparable to Mopar's?
I'm not a fan of the Mopar lift at all so probably the wrong person to ask. I highly recommend Metalcloak or Rock Krawler.
Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
It would sure be nice to have posts that actually respond to the OPs question. I don’t care about Mopar, RK, or MC as I want a true 2” lift and I am interested in Synergy. Hadn’t heard about Dyna and now I’m also interested in their lift as compared to Synergy.

anyone out there have the Synergy Stage 1 kit? Or the Dynamic?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It would sure be nice to have posts that actually respond to the OPs question. I don’t care about Mopar, RK, or MC as I want a true 2” lift and I am interested in Synergy. Hadn’t heard about Dyna and now I’m also interested in their lift as compared to Synergy.

Welcome to the internet. As others have slides to a "true 2" lift" doesn't really exist unless you do spacers.

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't mind the discussions and pros/cons of the various lifts as I haven't decided on one yet. Please carry on.

I'm really not interested in any 2''+ lift that doesn't incorporate high quality adjustable lower CA's. I think it was a mistake on Mopars part to not include adjustables in their kit. I've heard their (longer) non adjustable don't provide enough caster.

Sponsored

longleaf_JL

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Sport, Dynatrac 2” lift
Occupation
Retired Veteran

I currently am running the Dynatrac suspension for about 25k miles a daily driver with a 50/50 split between road and offroad. And I love the comfort. It’s not harsh on or off road, no sagging, the rear does learn a bit with a full tank of fuel but it doesn’t bother me. I added a 3/4” spacer for my winch, Synergy front track bar, and the Mopar longer LCAs. I recently added 40s with some trimming on the rear but haven’t really tested anything yet, with this wheel and tire set up I probably won’t stay with this suspension, just no up travel and the free length of the spring isn’t very long compared to, say Synergy. But I don’t regret for one second the route I took.

23A618AE-D82C-418A-96BB-1A1DD33F791A.jpeg

9313EBD3-5DD4-47A3-B798-3F582A5B8391.jpeg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I currently am running the Dynatrac suspension for about 25k miles a daily driver with a 50/50 split between road and offroad. And I love the comfort. It’s not harsh on or off road, no sagging, the rear does learn a bit with a full tank of fuel but it doesn’t bother me. I added a 3/4” spacer for my winch, Synergy front track bar, and the Mopar longer LCAs. I recently added 40s with some trimming on the rear but haven’t really tested anything yet, with this wheel and tire set up I probably won’t stay with this suspension, just no up travel and the free length of the spring isn’t very long compared to, say Synergy. But I don’t regret for one second the route I took.

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy vs dyna trac lifts 9313EBD3-5DD4-47A3-B798-3F582A5B8391

Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy vs dyna trac lifts 9313EBD3-5DD4-47A3-B798-3F582A5B8391
Just a heads up. If you have any plans for some real flexing, stay away from Synergy control arms. I had all 8 to help complete my previous Dynatrac lift. I'm now on a 3.5" Gamechanger and had to swap out the arms. The front and rear lowers were spinning the threaded bushing under the torque of the pinch bolts. They were flopping side to side when I removed them. I figured as much due to the loose feel in the ride.
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy vs dyna trac lifts 20200918_151217

longleaf_JL

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Veteran
Just a heads up. If you have any plans for some real flexing, stay away from Synergy control arms. I had all 8 to help complete my previous Dynatrac lift. I'm now on a 3.5" Gamechanger and had to swap out the arms. The front and rear lowers were spinning the threaded bushing under the torque of the pinch bolts. They were flopping side to side when I removed them. I figured as much due to the loose feel in the ride.
Jeep Wrangler JL Synergy vs dyna trac lifts 20200918_151217
Thanks for the heads-up. I don’t I’m going that route. But that’s disappointing, I like a lot of their parts.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I am admittedly a Synergy fanboy from back in my Toyota days, but their pinch bolt design just isn't up to the task of hard wheeling. I am constantly having to readjust my synergy drag link to keep it from drooping and un-centering my steering wheel. I'm glad I went with RK for my lift.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads-up. I don’t I’m going that route. But that’s disappointing, I like a lot of their parts.
I went with their control arms, rear track bar, both rear track bar reinforcements, and the front track bar frame side reinforcement because of their good reputation. But along the way, I realized that they were mostly just rebadging jk parts. I speak of the control arms there. Then their issues with front track bar clearances, and that ridiculous sector shaft bushing. I'm convinced that they a resting on their own coat tails too hard. I'm no longer a fan or supporter of their stuff. I now have 8 new arms, I ended up off loading their front track bar bracket before ever installing it, and I'll be swapping out their rear track bar when I upgrade the rear driveshaft and rcv axle shafts.

longleaf_JL

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Veteran
I went with their control arms, rear track bar, both rear track bar reinforcements, and the front track bar frame side reinforcement because of their good reputation. But along the way, I realized that they were mostly just rebadging jk parts. I speak of the control arms there. Then their issues with front track bar clearances, and that ridiculous sector shaft bushing. I'm convinced that they a resting on their own coat tails too hard. I'm no longer a fan or supporter of their stuff. I now have 8 new arms, I ended up off loading their front track bar bracket before ever installing it, and I'll be swapping out their rear track bar when I upgrade the rear driveshaft and rcv axle shafts.
I’m having issues with that sector shaft deal. I’m about to give the new Steer Smarts a shot!
Sponsored