Creeping forward at stop lights

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Has anyone else noticed that you need to keep the brake peddle pushed quite hard when stopped, else you will start slowly creeping forward.
My JK, nor either TJs did that. My CJ did, but that thing had bottle caps for brakes.

I wonder if the tazzer could implement something like auto-hold. Basically like hill start, but hold the brakes automatically until you touch the gas peddle.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Haven't had that happen on our JL w/ Automatic transmission. But then again, all my other vehicles are older so I'm used to using more pressure on the pedal w/ those :)

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had that issue either with my automatic. Just normal slight pressure.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone else noticed that you need to keep the brake peddle pushed quite hard when stopped, else you will start slowly creeping forward.
My JK, nor either TJs did that. My CJ did, but that thing had bottle caps for brakes.

I wonder if the tazzer could implement something like auto-hold. Basically like hill start, but hold the brakes automatically until you touch the gas peddle.
Hi pablo_max3045, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your brakes. We understand you are reaching out to fellow forum members, however if you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Jeep dealer.
Rob
JeepCares

Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
My 3.6 Auto seems normal. No creeping problem. It even stays stopped with only very light brake pedal pressure so the start/stop does not engage.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

My 19 Rubi is the first Jeep I've owned. My previous vehicle was no sports car, but had a very sporty steering, suspension, and braking feel. Until I got used to being in a truck-based 4x4, where a hair trigger sensitivity doesn't belong, I noticed a tad bit of creep. Nothing at all to be a problem, just a completely different animal than I was adjusted to. Now, when I drive my wife's car (we used to drive the same car but different trim and color), I have to be very ginger with the brake pedal and steering. I nearly put myself through her windshield a couple months back when I ran it up for an inspection sticker. I'm also used to the small corrections that come with large tires and small wheels, so I probably looked drunk because of her tiny sidewalls and sport tuned steering. Hahaha!
Sponsored