Should i get a headliner?

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Should i get a headliner or one of those alien sunshade. I live in the nyc area and this will be my first summer with the JL i never had a jeep before and unsure on how hot this thing will get during the summer. It's a family hauler i have heard on here that the alien sunshade somehow makes a difference in how hot it gets inside unsure how since it's netted. Should i just skip it and get a headliner. I will be taking the top off pretty often and having a little shade would be nice if I get the alien sunshade if it can keep the interior cooler with the top on that would be a bonus. I just don't want to melt. Anyone on her have the alien sunshade and notice any interior temp drops with top on?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Get both. They serve 2 different purposes. The headliner will insulate the hard top, retain heat in the winter, prevent the top from radiating heat in the summer and reduce noise. The headliner does nothing for you when the top is off. The sun shade will provide shade when the top is off and can be left on when the top is put back on.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Get the liner. Not only does help with heat and cold, helps the acoustics some too.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
This video convinced me to order the headliners when I bought my JL

"Hard Top Headliners, Do They Really Work? Jeep Wrangler Hot Head Install and Review" on YouTube

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Hot Head Headliners a great, the really work to keep the heat in in winter. I haven't had mine long enough to see if it manages the AC in hot weather yet. The only drawback is, the glue they use to manufacture them is really strong and mine still has a smell and I installed mine about almost a month ago. Now I haven't had the weather to leave the windows down overnight since my Jeep is relegated to the outside since my wife's car is in the (one car) garage. But they work great. I am happy overall.
Sponsored