Sponsored

Sooo issues with my '18 JLU Sahara

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Keep in mind I have no mods.

I picked up my factory ordered JLU Sahara in Sept 2018. I get a call from the dealership that it had been delivered, however, they told me a rock smashed the windshield during transit, so I would have to wait a few days for them to replace it. No biggie, I'm super pumped the wait is just about over and I can pick it up soon. I get to the dealership and notice streaks on the soft top windows. I figure it was still wet from the fresh wash they had just given it and I don't say anything. A few days later I realize the streaks are still there and I also realize they are just about impossible to remove. I didn't try any cleaners because I knew the vinyl windows required special cleaners. I check the forums and sure enough a lot of other owners are complaining of streaks as well. I contact the dealership, they tell me to bring it in and the shop foreman tells me instantly he can't warranty it. I complain on the forums, I get a contacted by JeepCares and they tell me they'll ship new windows to the dealership and they'll replace them for no charge. GOOD, back to being a happy owner. A few weeks go by and I have streaks again on the new windows. I'm convinced there is a chemical in the soft top and after a few rains it drips down and stains the vinyl. I had never taken it to a car wash, so it can't be soap. But I give up. Guess i'll have streaks on the windows..."it's a jeep thing."

Also, on the way home from picking it up at the dealership, I notice the little piece of molding behind the grab bar on the passenger side is sticking out on the right side. I never mention it to anyone..."it's a jeep thing."

I walk to my car in the rain one day and open the driver door and a deluge of water pisses into the car. Soaks the controls, puddles on the floor, gets me wet when I go to jump in. I'm used to that now..."it's a jeep thing."

After about a month of owning the Jeep, I'm driving and I go to change from radio to media on my touchscreen and nothing happens. I try to change any of settings, temp control, car play, etc and none of the buttons work. I had to turn the car on and off a few times and it finally began working. This still occurs regularly, once every few weeks since I've owned it. One of the times I took it to the dealership I mentioned it to them and they told me it was the aftermarket touch screen protector I have on it. Well, it's not aftermarket, it's Mopar, and it is absolutely not the cause because other buttons do work, just the bottom row of buttons freeze up....but i guess, "it's a jeep thing."

I roll my windows down while driving and an insane flapping noise comes from the rear passenger side corner. I haven't been able to pin it down. It's not the seat belt or the cable line that retracts the soft top, must be a......jeep thing.

I have to constantly re-clip my soft top windows back in in the rear. One time the window blew off while I was driving...jeep thing

I put my car in reverse and the screen goes black...jeep thang.

****Now start the drum roll****

I'm driving down the road and hit a bump and it shakes for a second or two and swerves a bit (bump steer) & (baby death wobble?). Dealership basically tells me...it's a jeep thing.

I'm driving on the highway and have to constantly correct my steering to not drift into other lanes. Dealership and everyone on this forum tells me....it's a jeep thing.

I'm driving on the highway and hold the steering wheel dead center straight and the car immediately begins to drift HARD off the road...dealership basically says.... it's a jeep thing.

That's about it for now. Just 10 various issues on my 1.5 year old $50,000 Jeep Thing.

I've brought it to the dealership 4 times and to a separate mechanic once. I had the V41 steering stabilizer recall performed and it made zero difference. The 3rd party mechanic said my drag link on the pitman arm had play. I took it back to the dealership and told them what the mechanic said and they said it had the proper amount of play. What the proper amount of play is???...idk. Bottom line, there are a lot of issues with this vehicle. I'll never own another "JEEP THING" again.
We regret to hear of these multiple concerns, Blonson! Although we cannot make any guarantees as far as repairs, we would like to discuss this further with you. Have you had a second opinion at another dealer recently? If you'd like assistance, please send us a private message.

Kate
JeepCares
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blonson

Blonson

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JL WRANGLER
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, but not one of these issues isn't part of the design (flaws?(many go back a few generations of Wranglers)) and really are a "Jeep thing".
Unfortunately, you bought the wrong vehicle.
Great advice. Just about anything in it's class is better. Terrible decision to buy one. They look cool. But looks don't get you from point A to point B.

OP
OP
Blonson

Blonson

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your issues.
But I guess you really should have bought a CRV.[/QUOTE
lol brother. I definitely would not buy a CRV. I'm better than that.

OP
OP
Blonson

Blonson

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I keep reading all these complaints and I think I got extremely lucky, I have not experienced any of your issues (except for the deluge of water when opening the door in the rain; itā€™s a a Jeep thing). Iā€™ve got about 17,000 miles on my ā€˜19 and the only issue Iā€™ve had is the passenger seat rocking. Dealership replaced the seat base frame and problem went away. I really feel bad for you @Blonson with the issues youā€™re having. The steering issues/death wobble that some people have would make me hate my Jeep. Iā€™m on my third wrangler and loving it. Hopefully your owner experience improves.
I really want to love it. It'd be cool if Jeep had a highlight video of all the "jeep things" you'll discover while being a jeep owner. It'd help them get stupid things fixed.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Look at the bright side. When your Jeep inevitably rolls over on a curve and ends up on its roof, think about how easy it will be to do a tire rotation.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 Wrangler JL Sahara and had just two problems: One was the Uconnect screen froze up a couple of times. If you press the am button, it will "unfreeze", not sure why, but since then, and that was late 2018-early 2019, I have had no problems. My other issue was the Stop/Start message always read "ESS not ready battery charging" I took it to the dealer, they put a new battery in and it has worked like a charm ever since. I had a slight wobble in early 2019 only after hitting a bump, but since then I have had no trouble. I got the V-41 recall done last year and it seemed to help a more. So far so good.
I feel for you though, to make such an expensive purchase and get little satisfaction. Its NOT a Jeep thing, its your Jeep. I think its the luck of the draw sometimes when you are buying a new car. Hopefully Jeep will help you out. Good luck and get in touch with Jeep Cares.

InfamousYert

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Bright White.
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my factory ordered JLU Sahara in Sept 2018. I get a call from the dealership that it had been delivered, however, they told me a rock smashed the windshield during transit, so I would have to wait a few days for them to replace it. No biggie, I'm super pumped the wait is just about over and I can pick it up soon. I get to the dealership and notice streaks on the soft top windows. I figure it was still wet from the fresh wash they had just given it and I don't say anything. A few days later I realize the streaks are still there and I also realize they are just about impossible to remove. I didn't try any cleaners because I knew the vinyl windows required special cleaners. I check the forums and sure enough a lot of other owners are complaining of streaks as well. I contact the dealership, they tell me to bring it in and the shop foreman tells me instantly he can't warranty it. I complain on the forums, I get a contacted by JeepCares and they tell me they'll ship new windows to the dealership and they'll replace them for no charge. GOOD, back to being a happy owner. A few weeks go by and I have streaks again on the new windows. I'm convinced there is a chemical in the soft top and after a few rains it drips down and stains the vinyl. I had never taken it to a car wash, so it can't be soap. But I give up. Guess i'll have streaks on the windows..."it's a jeep thing."

I roll my windows down while driving and an insane flapping noise comes from the rear passenger side corner. I haven't been able to pin it down. It's not the seat belt or the cable line that retracts the soft top, must be a......jeep thing.

I have to constantly re-clip my soft top windows back in in the rear. One time the window blew off while I was driving...jeep thing
Soft tops are shit.

I walk to my car in the rain one day and open the driver door and a deluge of water pisses into the car. Soaks the controls, puddles on the floor, gets me wet when I go to jump in. I'm used to that now..."it's a jeep thing."
Word. I carry a cup with me and collect it, then put it in the cup holder.

That's about it for now. Just 10 various issues on my 1.5 year old $50,000 Jeep Thing.
$50k, and it is a soft top?... They saw you coming. Bought mine in Feb 2018, off the showroom, no where NEAR $50k. 2018 JLUS, everything minus LED package and 8.4" stereo.

Why haven't any of the aftermarket vendors picked up on this fact? you would think they could design a cheapo clip on gutter of rubber for hard/soft tops. They would make a killing!
I know right!!! My cup still works amazing. PNW rain 8 months out of the year... Big AM/PM plastic cup.

Look at the bright side. When your Jeep inevitably rolls over on a curve and ends up on its roof, think about how easy it will be to do a tire rotation.
8-X.. HAHAHA!

Seriously, Blonson, some of the stuff you brought up are legit issues with Jeep. (Rain shenanigans and Wobble). I can't speak for a soft top because I think they look like shit. They look cheap and well... they obviously perform as they look.
Sponsored