Trailer hitch wiring options

mbar1156

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
What are the best options for a 4 prong trailer hitch wiring harness for a 2019 4 door JL sahara? I bought the hitch just trying to figure out which wiring harness to buy.

thanks!
Sponsored

mister

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The outside wiring harness that I think is linked above is the easiest. extreme terrain has a good install video on it. I did the Mopar wiring harness. Costs more and takes 4-5 hours but looks factory and no external wires to catch or wear. Also gives you a 4 pin and 7 pin.

LoveBugJL

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2012 JLU Shara
The outside wiring harness that I think is linked above is the easiest. extreme terrain has a good install video on it. I did the Mopar wiring harness. Costs more and takes 4-5 hours but looks factory and no external wires to catch or wear. Also gives you a 4 pin and 7 pin.
I did the Mopar Wiring harness as well. I didn't have a tester or a trailer to hook up to to test if it was working afterwards. I was very careful to follow the instructions. I just bought a tester in preparation for getting a cargo trailer. I'm getting nothing. I noticed on the Tazer JL that it offers the ability to " Enable/Disable Trailer Tow setting", so I just ordered it in hopes that that I need to "enable trailer tow setting". Did you have to do that or have a Jeep Dealership do it?
Sponsored