AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Window sticker says my Jeep has a transmission skid plate. There definitely is no transmission skid plate.
Also it says trailer sway damping?
View attachment 287999
upload_2020-3-2_19-5-18.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, the stock one is not much. I wouldn't call it a plate, but I guess Jeep does

Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Sad to think that this is what they consider a transmission "skid plate". Replaced mine with a TNT engine/trans aluminum skid.

jeep_jl_oil_transmission_skid_plate_jlopsp_1@2x.jpeg

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The manual transmission doesn't have the extra crossmember that's forward of the transfer case. Let's sue for false advertising:bandit:
I’m surprised they haven’t been sued. Why in the world would they include that on the window sticker?

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Do you have pictures of your skid plate?
upload_2020-3-3_20-59-35.jpeg
It’s kind of hard to get a good pic of mine installed as I don’t have a lift. Here’s the pic from the TNT website- the engine/trans skid is the single piece on the top of the pic- this is the 2.0 skid. I don’t have the second larger transfer case/exhaust skid on mine- opted to just keep the stock one.

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
upload_2020-3-3_20-59-35.jpeg
It’s kind of hard to get a good pic of mine installed as I don’t have a lift. Here’s the pic from the TNT website- the engine/trans skid is the single piece on the top of the pic- this is the 2.0 skid. I don’t have the second larger transfer case/exhaust skid on mine- opted to just keep the stock one.
That’s nice. Engine/ transmission skid is next in my mod list. Last time out my y pipe kissed a rock ever so lightly. Could have been much worse.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I’m surprised they haven’t been sued. Why in the world would they include that on the window sticker?
Must have been an oversight. I also think the "Remote Keyless Entry" verbiage on the window sticker of the sport s model is misleading. Jeep cheaped out by not making proximity unlocking standard....especially when it's been standard on most vehicles for the last 5 years.

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Must have been an oversight. I also think the "Remote Keyless Entry" verbiage on the window sticker of the sport s model is misleading. Jeep cheaped out by not making proximity unlocking standard....especially when it's been standard on most vehicles for the last 5 years.
I opted for manual locks and windows. It took some getting used to. Every time my girl rides with me I have to tell her to lock the doors when she gets in and out.
Sponsored