Sponsored

Additional Aux switch locations

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found a location for additional auxiliary switches? We all know 4 isn't enough, I know there is SPODS & Switch-Pros, but I was curious if anyone has installed additional rockers anywhere, if so where?

Thanks,
Brew211
Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I'm interested too. Looking at the Trigger option for above the mirror, or one of the solutions like Spod. Can't use the A pillar due to integrated handles, and not a lot of room except below the steering wheel to it's side - but could hit those with my legs. Need some secure locations for winch master arm and fan cut-off and air compressor that won't get accidentally triggered.

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
I have a set from rough country, MLC-6. I think they have two different options for mounting locations. Mine are mounted in front of shifter. You can still use any switch the shifter doesn’t block anything

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a set from rough country, MLC-6. I think they have two different options for mounting locations. Mine are mounted in front of shifter. You can still use any switch the shifter doesn’t block anything
I am not sure that will fit and not block the Aux 1-4 factory switches and sway bar & lockers buttons on the Rubicon JL. Did you have all of those factory options too? But I'm looking for all ideas!

My plan so far is:
1) Waiting for the Trigger overhead shell to arrive and see if I can mod it to hold traditional rocker switches (might be too deep and/or tall). If not, consider their whole 6-Shooter system but I am not a fan of the wireless control (coin batteries to power it?) nor cost.
2) If no, considering Stech's overhead system, but their smaller switches are a bit more boring and $500 cost (similar to Trigger but more customizable) is high although have some additional features. https://stechswitch.com/jeep-jl-photos/
3) After that, it gets in to Spod like systems, RC's MLC-6 idea above, ProComp (https://www.quadratec.com/p/pro-comp/ss6-6-way-switch-panel) or possibly something similar/cheap $150 on Amazon that uses real relays.
4) I might look at a 12 volt guy winch control setup if I find a good place to fit it and #1 or 2 above don't work.

Fun stickers/labels on everything are required, but I could make & stick on my own worst-case.

My anticipated wiring switch needs include:
ARB compressor (Aux 1; or could wire it directly)
front light bar (Aux 2)
front bumper cube lights (Aux 3)
rear cube lights (Aux 4)
rock lights
lighted whip flag
winch master arm (covered switch w/indicator light powering the winch in/out signal)
winch in/out

optional:
-CB (already hard wired in behind instrument panel on 12V round plug)
-engine fan cutoff for deep fording - still thinking about that & has to be fail-safe on & protected (part of a snorkel + vent line upgrade)
-accessory not yet purchased - additional light bar, side cube lights, colored rock lights, ? (always modding!)
-voltage readout rocker plug (because I can; yes, already have the off-road pages)

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the trigger wireless system, 6 switch. You can have the coin cell's power the switch unit that way you can remove the switches and still activate wirelessly or as I did just tap into 12V power by the mirror and leave the switch unit fixed in location.

If you just ordered the housing, standard rocker switches you'd be lucky to get six in there, might get more if you use micro switches etc. All in all I like the trigger system because it mounts overhead and there are no wires running through the firewall. The switches themselves and the way the mount attaches to the trim makes them feel a little cheap IMO. Might go with something else down the line if I see something I like. Not too many overhead options out there at this time..

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
You can get the mlc-6 in an upper dash mount. Not sure if that works for your set up

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you both, Smike83 & moodywizard, for the quick feedback! The MLC-6 in the upper location would be in the way of my Rugged Ridge replacement tray that holds my phone & a GoPro Session, plus I don't want it in my sight line. There just isn't much room with the factory switches and the grab handle in the A pillar; JK's had great options on the A and overhead (the wife won't let me mod the JKU).

However, the Trigger is sounding better, although for similar money I might end up going with Stech (or frankly a $100-200 6-8 gang flat panel + a winch control panel mounted somewhere by the steering column). But let me try some cheap engineering first!

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
There is definitely a lack of real estate for mounting certain things lol. Good luck with whatever option you go with

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah I wish others would come up with overhead switches like the jk. I've seen some mounts that hold 10...

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put this in another thread, but I went with the Voswitch JL200 on Amazon that put 8 switches on my dash in the tray area and still holds my phone and a GoPro. Yes, I said I didn't want to replace the RuggedRidge phone holder/camera mount up there, but it ended up being the best option. Install was pretty easy and works great!
Sponsored