Sponsored

Mopar LED Take-Offs- Highbeam and Halo Issue

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
I had to play with the Tazer setting turning on/off until they finally took. Did you update the firmware?

Jdsud

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl Wrangler
Update: so I have been playing with the Tazer settings the other day and turned the Halo option on/off several times and they finally turned on. They would flash in the past so not sure what changed but they have been working thus far!
how do you remove these plugs??

20190730_093717.jpg

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Greetings from UK. I have a JLU Sahara with LED’s, unfortunately the Halos are not powered. I only get the fender DRL’s. Has something to do with EU rules about DRL’s probably.

Upon inspection of the LED lights I can see that there is the halo within there, it’s just not active. The connector to the light also only has 3 pins instead of four. So I assume JEEP intentionally missed out the pin for the halo to disable it.

I see some of you guys had the same problem when retro fitting the LED’s. Do you know of anywhere where I can buy/import the cable with four pins?

Sponsored

jperk2980

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I recently installed the mopar LED headlight kit that came with the wiring harness and even after the tazer update the halos still don't work. The drivers side halo flickers and the passenger side doesn't come on at all. I wired halos to the BCM per instructions but I'm at a loss what to do. I think I could wire halos to one of the aux switches as a work around but I prefer not too. Any recommendations here would be huge.

Trunty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Mopar LED harness

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LED Take-Offs- Highbeam and Halo Issue 20190730_093717

Black wire - Ground
Red wire - Low beams
Blue wire - High beams
Red wire (coiled, not used) - Halos

Parts:
2x Molex Connectors (33482-3601) - To factory harness
3x Molex M Pins (33000-0001 MX150 M 14-16AWG R) - Pins for factory harness
2x Molex Connectors (33472-601) - To Mopar LED headlights
4x Molex F Pins (33012-2001 MX150 F 14-16AWG R) - Pins for LED headlight
10x Molex Plugs (34345-0001) - Blanks to cover unused pins
2x Vishal Schottkey Diodes (V30100CI-M3/P) - To allow low beams to fire with high beams, but not vice-versa

The diode allows inputs from either the high or low beam (harness side) to power the low beams (headlight side). It also prevents current from flowing to the high beams when only the low beams are selected.

This setup works perfectly outside the vehicle with a normal 12v battery, however there are issues caused, presumably by the body control module (BCM) when in the vehicle where power is cut to the high beam signal, which kills both the high and low beam. Since this issue is intermittent and occurs at the same time for both sides, and both sides are on seperate circuits, I assume the BCM doesn’t like the low power draw when high beams are on. It is expecting 60 watts, but the real power draw with LEDs is around 40 watts with both the high and lows beams on.

If anyone has ideas on ways to fool the BCM into thinking the Jeep is equipped with the LED lighting package, I would appreciate any input.

@hive85 i wanted to thank you for the part info. Using your info i was able to build a high/low beam signal tap, so i don’t have to modify the oem harness to power a relay. Also, molex now has a $65 crimper that works decent.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar LED Take-Offs- Highbeam and Halo Issue 75313671-E748-48AA-8BCA-88B2207254DF

Slapfight

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
I recently installed the mopar LED headlight kit that came with the wiring harness and even after the tazer update the halos still don't work. The drivers side halo flickers and the passenger side doesn't come on at all. I wired halos to the BCM per instructions but I'm at a loss what to do. I think I could wire halos to one of the aux switches as a work around but I prefer not too. Any recommendations here would be huge.
Any chance you could post the instructions?
Got the wire harness but no instructions....
Sponsored