Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB - 2019 RAM Limited
Agreed, see post above :)

I’m thinking the seat won’t fold down. I keep a wool army blanket under my rear seat to use as seat protection if I transport lumber or other stuff I don’t want touching the leather. The seat doesn’t fold flat with that blanket folded and stowed underneath it. I have been wrong before, but that sub and amp box probably isn’t going to work out if you ever want to fold the seats down.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Just what I was looking for. I'm debating removing the current sub and building a slightly larger box.

But, I found an under-seat box, wonder if anyone has tried them? I won't post a link because it'll be gone someday, but Google "Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited 8" or 10"Subwoofer Box Enclosure For UNDER REAR SEAT" and here's a pic.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg
This doesn’t even look like the rear seat of a JL. Where do the front vertical metal seat support bars attach to the floor board with that box in the way?

KGriner

First Name
K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
The JK actually had a replacement type enclosure for that area, but I have only seen amps put in there....I would be concerned about overheating (depending on where you live)?

I have A two door, it came with the OEM I floor subwoofer, I think it’s Alpine, Not my favorite?

My last car had a Kicker Hideaway 8’ In my opinion, the bass was much much better, perhaps it’s because it was under the front passenger seat versus in the back of my two door.

Anyway, I’m thinking about pulling this and putting the kicker under my present front seat with a workaround for the vent that’s under the seat.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB - 2019 RAM Limited
It's an addition to the factory sub. You're looking at the rear cargo area.

This doesn’t even look like the rear seat of a JL. Where do the front vertical metal seat support bars attach to the floor board with that box in the way?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
It's an addition to the factory sub. You're looking at the rear cargo area.
Not the post I commented on. I was commenting on the post talking about the underseat box.

Sponsored

winchreadyAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Starting point: Sahara, 7" head, non-alpine. Did not want to go full PAC, external AMP, etc, etc, and also wanted to keep it under $500. I wanted better high and low response. I installed the MOPAR Dodge Dart kicker speakers in the dash and sound bar, and installed an 8" powered subwoofer under each front seat. I did all the work myself.

Parts list:
Dodge Dart kicker speakers - $60 a pair
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I2UYPI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rockville powered subwoofer - $85 each
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B079PRCP9W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Kicker Line out converter - $20
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4EF1BC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
25' of 8 gauge power wire w/ fuse - $30
RCA patch cords with splitter - $25
Various wires and connectors - $35
Total - $400

It sounds much better, especially what I was looking for - more high and low end response.

Wiring consisted of running the power from the battery, thru the grommet in the firewall (behind the glove box), over to the center console and back to the powered speakers.

Remote turn on power wire from the back of the cigarette lighter, thru the center console back to the powered speakers.

High level L and R signal tapped off of the bottom of the passenger pillar and then run to the kicker line out converter under the passenger front seat. From the LOC, split the RCA signal and sent a pair to each powered speaker.

Finally, I combined the bass control wire of both amps into a signal wire and fed that back to the cubby just under the cigarette lighter.

These powered speakers are thin enough to allow the underseat vent to be pulled up and blow over the top of the speaker for both the driver and passenger.

I pulled both front seats and also the center dash and right side of the center console in order to run the wires and get the powered speakers screwed down. The jeep rubber floor mats fit perfectly over the edge of the powered speaker - which keeps any rear seat passengers from kicking them and their connections. With the front seats fully back, you would never know the speakers are even there.

Time spent: 8 hours. Hardest part: fishing the power wires thru the firewall grommet.
IMG_5202.jpg
IMG_2568.jpg
IMG_0255.jpg
IMG_6036.jpg
IMG_7881.jpg

bdubschitown

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Why not use the "auto-on" feature on those subs WinchreadyAZ? Should come on with just the LOC input no? Just curious - creating a similar build and a newbie.

winchreadyAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Good question. Everything I read said the auto turn on technology was tied to the high level inputs. Since I went with a LOC and low level inputs, I used the cigarette lighter as an accessory power to turn the amps on and off.

Also, the picture of the bass knob shows the mods I did to it. I superglued a white piece of plastic that sits about 1/16 of an inch above the knob so I can feel and see the knob better (the knob is smooth and black and hard to see where it is pointing out of the box). Also, the blue power LED on the knob is WAY too bright at night. So I made a little hood and superglued it as well. Both changes work great.

Shotgecko

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door sport
Hey guys! Thinking about adding an under seat subwoofer for my 2 door. I saw the alpine kit that costs $1300 (no thanks) but was wondering if you guys knew if the mounts were sold separately or had suggestions on mounting.

On the side, if someone like myself who is forgetful at times and leaves the top off, would rain be an issue for this kind of set up?

winchreadyAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
An 8“ powered sub fits very nicely between the seat rails. I only used 1 screw to secure it in place. I think a 10” may fit as well, but could be tight. As for rain, the sub will be covered by the seat and sits on top of the carpet. So, you’ve probably got other problems if you get that much water on the inside.
Jeep Wrangler JL Adding under-seat subwoofer 3A1B2B50-6A3D-4011-ACC9-BB3A187D097E

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I have never heard an underseat sub that didn't disappoint me (referring to the compact self-powered ones)... I would seriously consider trying to fit a small, low profile sub/box somewhere with a separate amp. There was a guy who made boxes for under the seats in a JK, but for the life of me I can't remember his name...

I am putting two amps in the trunk tub in my 2 door... As far as air flow, especially class D will be no problem at all back there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Adding under-seat subwoofer 3A1B2B50-6A3D-4011-ACC9-BB3A187D097E
Can you tell me the brand or the measurements of these amps?

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Took away very limited space and the full-size sub fits. Very happy with this.

This looks great. Do you have any details on the install and how they pulled the audio from the radio? Did they splice into the sub line or the soundbar line? Is the amp also mounted behind this panel?

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
I ran across a build where the front seats were raised and installed a 10” woofer in a custom box under each seat. It’s tempting to do but not sure about raising the seats. I’ve got a large amp under my drivers seat that barely fits between the rails. The dimensions are 14.73 x 7.09 x 2.05.

The kid

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL 4Dr 2.0 Tur
They get tucked away with a ziptie n the enclosure comes with custom brackets that get installed on top of box,but good luck even reaching the guy that builds it.been a year now n last I heard the store burned down n they were rebuilding
Sponsored