Sponsored

JLRU Manual T Forced Induction Experience (ProCharger supercharger)

Rtigert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Sounds like you didn't have the most efficient launch with all the tire spinning, but I would think 6.8 sec 0-60 is close to what you're going to get...

Reviews of the RIPP from JK's say the 0-60 time dropped to 6.2 - 6.6 seconds (from the factor 8 - 8.4secs)... that's the previous GEN 3.6L running 8.5lbs of boost. With ProCharger running a little less boost (they say 7lbs), your time seems to be in line with what would be expected.

Of course, my estimations are coming from Googling, so take them with a grain of salt ;)

I'm curious how the 8-speed automatic would do with 2 additional gears and no clutch to deal with...

When you say Procharger has issues with the shift timing on automatics, do you have a link that describes the issue in more detail? I'd like to learn more.

I waited for my JL specifically for the 8 spd transmission... This is the first automatic transmission vehicle I have owned in 30 years, but I bought it with the intention of adding forced induction... I planned on having FI right away, but i've put it off until I can find a solid option. I was initially going with the PP turbo kit, but for now supercharging seems like the "safer" option.

Thanks again for all your feedback on the ProCharger kit. They should sponsor you for your service :)

A little over 5 seconds 0-60, with 35’s and heavy KMC Machete Beadlocks, on an automatic JLR. O-110 in under 23 seconds (judging by the video). Even with a Tazer JL, speed is limited to 110mph.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
TCI makes a dampener to address this issue. It uses one way bearings to allow for spooling under acceleration but releases during shifts or deceleration. The issue is that under deceleration or shifts, the belt tries to slow as fast as the engine and thus flips because it can’t match the speed quickly enough.
Now that makes sense!
Pro charger has the Jeep in their factory. I think they are looking at a new/different tensioner. I believe a fixed old style tensioner would be the cure..

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
nice!

A little over 5 seconds 0-60, with 35’s and heavy KMC Machete Beadlocks, on an automatic JLR. O-110 in under 23 seconds (judging by the video). Even with a Tazer JL, speed is limited to 110mph.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
TCI makes a dampener to address this issue. It uses one way bearings to allow for spooling under acceleration but releases during shifts or deceleration. The issue is that under deceleration or shifts, the belt tries to slow as fast as the engine and thus flips because it can’t match the speed quickly enough.
Did you install one to prevent issues with the belt or don't need to because you have an auto? Hopefully forced induction gets sorted on JLs soon...

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR

@Rtigert Is this your jl? Trying to see what 35's look like on the machetes but I've yet to see pictures.

Sponsored

Rtigert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I was worried the offset would be too aggressive for a 35in tire but it looks perfect :clap:. How much lift?
The articulated photo is stock ride height. The second photo is with a leveling kit and adjustable lowers. If 35’s is your size of choice, I’d leave the suspension completely stock (yes, the front will rub a bit at full stuff but it has much better manners with 100% stock suspension geometry). You could eliminate any rubbing by removing the inner fender liner on the front.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
The articulated photo is stock ride height. The second photo is with a leveling kit and adjustable lowers. If 35’s is your size of choice, I’d leave the suspension completely stock (yes, the front will rub a bit at full stuff but it has much better manners with 100% stock suspension geometry). You could eliminate any rubbing by removing the inner fender liner on the front.
Very very nice. Thank you for the insight.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JEEP is back to stock. I don’t have time to deal with the belt issue anymore.
Nothing wrong with ProCharger. Great company and good product. The install requieres more investment.
Remember that mine is manual transmission and probably the procharger would have no issues with an auto.
My problem was keeping the belt in place.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My JEEP is back to stock. I don’t have time to deal with the belt issue anymore.
Nothing wrong with ProCharger. Great company and good product. The install requieres more investment.
Remember that mine is manual transmission and probably the procharger would have no issues with an auto.
My problem was keeping the belt in place.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Did you send it back to Procharger or just sell it?

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)