Sponsored

**ALL NEW** LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m curious about the mounting of these. When I installed my Destroyer sliders, it called for drilling a few more holes. Do the mounts for these sliders use the same holes? Also, will they interfere with underbody skid plates in the same way the Destoyers do?

EDIT: Answered my own question regarding drilling by reading a bit. The interference question still stands.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I’m curious about the mounting of these. When I installed my Destroyer sliders, it called for drilling a few more holes. Do the mounts for these sliders use the same holes? Also, will they interfere with underbody skid plates in the same way the Destoyers do?

EDIT: Answered my own question regarding drilling by reading a bit. The interference question still stands.
Yes they do use the same mounting holes, although the mounts are even more robust!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes they do use the same mounting holes, although the mounts are even more robust!
So are these "drilling optional"? The Destroyer instructions state the drilling is optional, but necessary for full strength. With the new mounts, there's really no drilling, not even optional?

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
They are very similar to the Destroyer mounts, just stronger. The mounting points are the same and there will be the optional drilling for additional bolts if you plan to bounce them off the rocks. :like:

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Oh man, I'd pretty much already decided on getting LOD sliders and bumpers, but this news sold me on them! Hoping we see aluminum Front and rear bumpers too. It's all about keeping as much weight off as possible.

Last edited:

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick

How do the Destroyer Sliders interfere with the Underbody Skids? The stock skids? I am saving up for the Metal Cloak skid system so will it affect those as well?

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How do the Destroyer Sliders interfere with the Underbody Skids? The stock skids? I am saving up for the Metal Cloak skid system so will it affect those as well?
You’ll have to look at the frame mounting points. There have been threads here where people have had to make modifications to on or the other to deal with those shared mounting points.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the LOD destroyer sliders and the MC skid system. Works fine. They do share mounting points but you can overlap them.

Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the LOD destroyer sliders and the MC skid system. Works fine. They do share mounting points but you can overlap them.
Thanks, I feel reassured

In your opinion what order would you install? Rock Sliders then Skids or both at the same time?

The Aluminum Bumpers that are in the design phase - Can you flat tow from the front as you can with the Steel front bumper? I assume it will have an optional skid for the bumpers as well. Thanks

Last edited:

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I feel reassured

In your opinion what order would you install? Rock Sliders then Skids or both at the same time?

The Aluminum Bumpers that are in the design phase - Can you flat tow from the front as you can with the Steel front bumper? I assume it will have an optional skid for the bumpers as well. Thanks
Sliders first. Make sure and drill the optional hole near the front. The sliders will push into the body if you rock crawl and don’t do this. Also need to use washers to space it away from the frame. (Front side only)

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sliders first. Make sure and drill the optional hole near the front. The sliders will push into the body if you rock crawl and don’t do this. Also need to use washers to space it away from the frame. (Front side only)
Great advice - Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.