First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Jeep JL Rubicon two-door.
I'm planning on going from the 33" stock wheel/tires to 37x12.5 tires mounted on KMC 17" wheels.
I'd like to keep my stock coils- since they already provide 1.5" of lift.

One option I'm looking at would be to go with a Teraflex 2.5" spacer kit without shocks combined with Rancho adjustable stocks (there's a member here who recommended the Rancho kit- but I don't see that they have a 3.5" lift kit for a 2 door Rubicon).
https://www.quadratec.com/p/teraflex/2-5-inch-performance-spacer-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rancho/rs9000xl-series-front-shock-absorber-jeep-wrangler-jl
https://www.quadratec.com/p/rancho/rs9000xl-series-rear-shock-absorber-jeep-wrangler-jl

Only reservation is Teraflex says their spacer kit on the Rubicon will only support up to a 35" tire (which makes no sense- because the Rubicon can go to 35" tires with no additional lift whatsoever- so if I install another 2.5" of lift, how will the Jeep not clear 37" tires)?

The other option I'm looking at is to just go with a Teraflex spacer and shock (non-adjustable) 2.5" kit. Again, Teraflex says this kit will only clear 35" tires- which makes no sense.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/tera...er-lift-kit-with-9550-vss-shocks-1365360.html

If there's a better way to go, I'm all ears. I go off-road occasionally, but I'm not going to be rock climbing or anything likely to flex the suspension to its limits. I just want to get enough space to install my 37" tires (on KMC wheels that will be pushing the center of the tire out about 2"). I really like the idea of the adjustable shocks (it would be nice to dial them soft for my daily commute, and dial them up when I'm up at the cabin).
Sponsored

Last edited:

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there, i have the teraflex 1.5 inch performance spacer lift installed. Its amazing.
I can now easily clear 35s and have plenty of articulation. I got a 1.25 RC body loft on the way. That way 37s will be no problem.

i like your idea. I personally wouldnt go above 1.5 inches with a spacer lift cause then you need to worry about your caster and pinion angle if you dont want any new control arms.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You could always remove the lower fenders. Check out American Adventure Lab. They make a bracket to support the fender with a light to replace the fender light. They also make new inner fenders. There's a couple other brands that make similar kits. This will add a couple more inches of clearance to allow a smaller lift and 37s.

OP
OP
Varilux

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
SilverRubi said:
You could always remove the lower fenders. Check out American Adventure Lab. They make a bracket to support the fender with a light to replace the fender light. They also make new inner fenders. There's a couple other brands that make similar kits. This will add a couple more inches of clearance to allow a smaller lift and 37s.
I really do like the AAL solution- it's pretty brilliant the way they've worked with the stock fenders. I think I'll try the 2.5" spacer lift with the adjustable Rancho shocks, and- if I get some contact with the fender- go that route with some new inner fenders for the front.

Thanks everyone. I know this is a JK, but I'm envisioning my JLR looking something like this (stance wise) when I'm done with this year's round of modifications. I like the looks of this a LOT!
2aa2b039979d44ed90c496335fa8f2bb.jpg

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How quickly are you looking to get your lift? Next weekend I’m replacing my Rough Country 2.5” spacer lift. I will Have the spacers, shocks, sway bar end links, and bump stop extensions for sale.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How quickly are you looking to get your lift? Next weekend I’m replacing my Rough Country 2.5” spacer lift. I will Have the spacers, shocks, sway bar end links, and bump stop extensions for sale.
What are putting on?

OP
OP
Varilux

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, pulled the trigger on a Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift and bumpstop kits. Since a 2" lift gives Rubicon owners "plenty of space" with 37s, I'm hoping the 1.5" will be sufficient as well (I like the stuffed in look). Plus, the angle changes will be minimized and I can keep my stock Rubicon shocks (per TeraFlex). So, we'll see... I might be back in the market for that 2.5" lift pretty shortly!

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, pulled the trigger on a Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift and bumpstop kits. Since a 2" lift gives Rubicon owners "plenty of space" with 37s, I'm hoping the 1.5" will be sufficient as well (I like the stuffed in look). Plus, the angle changes will be minimized and I can keep my stock Rubicon shocks (per TeraFlex). So, we'll see... I might be back in the market for that 2.5" lift pretty shortly!
good choice