Sponsored

Does my Jeep sit level... how to measure, and how to correct?

ken31756

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL
Ok so I've got a 18 JLU Sahara that came with a ProComp 3" lift on it. To me just looking at it parked on level ground it seems like maybe the rear is a tad bit lower than it should be? Usually I hear guys saying the front end on theirs is lower, so it puzzles me why the rear on mine would seem lower.
It could be just my eye is wrong.
Since I didn't install the lift, maybe they compensated for a lower front end somehow when they installed the lift?

So for starters I am wondering, How do you measure a Jeep to establish "level"???

And then after that, IF it turns out that I am lower in the rear what would be the options to correct this?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I've got a 18 JLU Sahara that came with a ProComp 3" lift on it. To me just looking at it parked on level ground it seems like maybe the rear is a tad bit lower than it should be? Usually I hear guys saying the front end on theirs is lower, so it puzzles me why the rear on mine would seem lower.
It could be just my eye is wrong.
Since I didn't install the lift, maybe they compensated for a lower front end somehow when they installed the lift?

So for starters I am wondering, How do you measure a Jeep to establish "level"???

And then after that, IF it turns out that I am lower in the rear what would be the options to correct this?
If you have the factory plastic front bumper and you’re planning to install aftermarket bumper and winch, then you might wait and see how it looks after. It’ll most likely level out.

OP
OP
ken31756

ken31756

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL
If you have the factory plastic front bumper and you’re planning to install aftermarket bumper and winch, then you might wait and see how it looks after. It’ll most likely level out.
Since this is my DD and I do very little off road beyond occasional weekend camping trails, I don't see a heavier front bumper or winch in the near future. And yes it has the factory plastic bumpers.

I did add a trailer hitch, and that larger tire hanging off the back, along with the Smittybilt spare relocation bracket all added some weight to the rear.

sierrarockcrawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU, 2017 Jeep JK
Vehicle Showcase
I would put level on the rock rail or the top of the hardtop. If it’s low in rear you can just ad a coil spacer. Keep in mind if you take the top off it will raise the rear a bit too.
Sponsored