Sponsored

Best 2.5" lift available?

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Did you have to get your own extended brake lines and bumps stops? Doesn’t look like the kit includes those.
You don't need extended brake lines but I did purchase their bumpstops to add to my kit.

Sethfox22

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Most people are going to recommend the lift that they have because there’s probably few people if anyone that has had more than 1 on their JL because it’s so new. Also, what your goal is in lifting the Jeep comes into play as well as what your useage and preferences are.

Purely aesthetic? Mud? Sand? Rocks? Budget? Is comfort more important or performance? Are you good with maintaining things or want something you can install and forget? How important is warranty coverage to you? There’s more. I know it seems like a lot, but unless you’ve got money and time to burn you want to get this right the first time and be satisfied with the results.
I'm looking to put a 2.5 in lift on my wrangler unlimited sport JL. It will be my daily driver and I will be having it installed by a professional. What lift should i go with? Also should i go with 35s or what?

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
I've ran a couple different lifts and I've researched about everything a guy can read on them for the JL. I would recommend the Metal Cloak 2.5. I'm now running their 3.5 and I'm very impressed with the on road manners and offroad is very impressive as well.

Stingray1976

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Love it, Awesome lift. I've got the Falcon 2.1's installed. Highly recommended in my humble opinion. Also, have the Falcon Nexus 2.2 steering stabilizer installed as well. Very happy with Teraflex.
Hi, Have you had an alignment at all since installing the ST2? I installed the ST2 with 3.3 shocks, fixed LCA's. Something still felt off, so I forked over the $ for an alignment. My front caster is 8.45 and 8.65, my pinion angle is down 3 degrees. That means the LCA's are too long. Let me know what yours looks like, using a digital angle finder or even a level on the pinion collar coming out of your front diff, before the U-joint. I contacted Teraflex but have not heard back yet. I am using the Alpine track bar, and have 37's, but neither of those will effect the caster. I am looking at getting adjustable uppers to get the pinion back to zero, but really hoping Teraflex will cut me a deal on them, seeing that it is their product that is causing my issue. I have a slight vibration in the front left wheel above 60 MPH, could be the pinion angle.

Sponsored

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
When I did everything i got the JKS JSPEC 2.5". Really great ride and it does come with the quick sway bar disconnect. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but its super simple

I’m looking at same lift. How is ride? Soft or stiff?

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I've ran a couple different lifts and I've researched about everything a guy can read on them for the JL. I would recommend the Metal Cloak 2.5. I'm now running their 3.5 and I'm very impressed with the on road manners and offroad is very impressive as well.
Check out Clayton Off Road. I ended up going with their entry level 2.5 kit with Fox shocks. They are right up the road from you in Connecticut. They have been making lifts for Jeeps for years.
Trying to get one to give more cushion over pot holes and daily driving

Kmarc86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
I have the MOPAR lift on my JL Willys 2020. To me, the ride is significantly better than stock. Only had it a short time, so my complete opinion is still TBD. I added front and rear adjustable track bars on the recommendation of lots of people. Dealer installed them at the same time as the lift installation. Super happy at the moment. I'm riding on the stock wheels and tires that came on my model. Shopping for wheels and tires now.

Note: the dealer install was frustrating though... I have a whole thread about it...

20201016_180156.jpg

ClinesJL

First Name
Mike and Buffy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Sahara
Hi, Have you had an alignment at all since installing the ST2? I installed the ST2 with 3.3 shocks, fixed LCA's. Something still felt off, so I forked over the $ for an alignment. My front caster is 8.45 and 8.65, my pinion angle is down 3 degrees. That means the LCA's are too long. Let me know what yours looks like, using a digital angle finder or even a level on the pinion collar coming out of your front diff, before the U-joint. I contacted Teraflex but have not heard back yet. I am using the Alpine track bar, and have 37's, but neither of those will effect the caster. I am looking at getting adjustable uppers to get the pinion back to zero, but really hoping Teraflex will cut me a deal on them, seeing that it is their product that is causing my issue. I have a slight vibration in the front left wheel above 60 MPH, could be the pinion angle.

Sooo, was this corrected? Im considering that set up, but with Fox shocks.
Sponsored