DV8 LED Headlights

cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
We'll find out. Just ordered a pair from Morris 4x4. FEB30 gets you 30 bucks off orders $399 or more for now, looks like EXTRA40 gets you $40. Not sure how long either code will last.

OP
OP
bwilly622

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
We'll find out. Just ordered a pair from Morris 4x4. FEB30 gets you 30 bucks off orders $399 or more for now, looks like EXTRA40 gets you $40. Not sure how long either code will last.
Awesome! Please post pics once installed!

bradsr1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
Interested... I’d like to hear your thoughts once installed.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Headlights arrived today. Initial impressions are good! They look look to be high quality and just like OEM.

Be careful cutting the tape on the box though, the halo wires were just laying on top right where my blade passed over. Luckily I used minimal pressure and didn't sink the knife into the box.

I'll install these tonight after dark with some comparison shots against the Beamtech LED bulbs in the reflector housings. Will try to get a 'cutoff shot' against the white garage door as well as a 'down the street' shot.

I am undecided about whether I will connect the halos as I don't really like the look of the factory ones...

IMG_E1820.JPG
IMG_E1819.JPG

Sponsored

cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
In summary:

Quality / OEM Feel: 9/10
Packaging: 8/10 - Well protected, but the extra wires were right in the tape cut zone.
Light Output: 9/10 - Very bright, OEM white look (6500k?) sharp cutoffs, even distribution without any real hot zones.
Easy of Install: 10/10 - Truly plug and play
Documentation: 0/10 - Literally just a packing slip. More below:

There are two extra plugs coming out of the back of the housing. #1 is a skinny little wire with a weatherproof connector that connects to the extra included wire I almost cut when unboxing. This is connected to a fuse. #2 looks like a factory connector is supposed to go to it but there are no other wires on my harness or in the box to connect. The strangest part about these two things is that I connected nothing to either of them and the lights fully function. I thought the extra harness was for the halos but it isn't. They just work. Maybe it is for the halos to function as a DRL? If so I'll leave that feature off for sure. That still leaves the other OEM-looking connector though. My only theory there is that these housings are somehow being sourced from the same supplier as the OEM LED housings and they didn't bother to redesign them just to delete the other connector. Who knows.

Edit: One last thing I forgot to mention - when flipping to the high beam the lights 'flicker' once as the flap inside the projector actuates. It's hard to describe but they sort of flash once and then go to the high beam. On the way back down to low beam there is no such flash just a smooth sinking of the internal 'eyelid' that lowers back down. Maybe those extra wires do something after all, or maybe that's just how they work. I'll ask my pops, he just picked up a firecracker red Rubicon with LEDs a few days ago. :fist bump:

TLDR: I'm happy with my new lights :jk:

bradsr1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
Great review! Thanks for taking the time to put that together, your input was very beneficial. Definitely can see a nice crisp cutoff! I only wish they included some form of instructions even though it seems pretty straight forward.

How’s the color compared to your Beamtech LED fog lights?

cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
No problem! LED fog lights seem to match well enough. I didn't notice a color disparity between them.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@cohle thanks for such a detailed review, these look to be OEM, just easier on the wallet. Have you adjusted the height at all, and if so was it easy to do so? That cutoff & light distribution is right up there w/ OEM and the Oracles, so I guess I have to add these to my growing wish-list :)

Since they are sourced from China (what isn't these days) maybe, just maybe these sets will be on Aliexpress in a few months for $300 :)
Sponsored