First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
As of now, I am seeing a 1mpg incase. The top end power is very noticeable and a lot of the lag down low is no longer there. Overall, very happy with the coil packs. Honestly, the top end seems smoother as well.
Sponsored

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
As of now, I am seeing a 1mpg incase. The top end power is very noticeable and a lot of the lag down low is no longer there. Overall, very happy with the coil packs. Honestly, the top end seems smoother as well.

Glad you are happy with the mod... it was also awesome to hear that you were able to not only DIY but learn from and spend time with your father.

I, too, am interested in hearing how it performs over time... Also, did you change spark plugs or the gapping of your current plugs to try and take advantage of the increased power from the coil packs?

Lastly, when it comes to mods (performance or not), the true "value" is not just the amount you paid, but how you feel with them. If you are happy with the mod, and you feel you can tell a positive difference in your Jeep, then I say it was worth every penny. just my humble opinion :)

wheels082

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2010 JKU, 1994 XJ
I think if there is a consistent 1 MPG increase, that is pretty good. Thanks for posting and updating. This looks like a mod I will do at a later time.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
Any update with the coil pack installed? Getting close to ordering my JLUR with 3.6 and very interested in this product.

Sponsored

OP
OP

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
Any update with the coil pack installed? Getting close to ordering my JLUR with 3.6 and very interested in this product.
Still loving them...less throttle lag and definitely a small boost in power on the top end. Gas mileage is very close to the same, maybe .5 more but I have been driving it a bit more aggressively. To me, they were worth the money and doing the install myself.

SimpleAce

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Still loving them...less throttle lag and definitely a small boost in power on the top end. Gas mileage is very close to the same, maybe .5 more but I have been driving it a bit more aggressively. To me, they were worth the money and doing the install myself.
Any update on power and MPG as months have past??

Thanks!

OP
OP

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
Any update on power and MPG as months have past??

Thanks!
MPG has gotten slightly better...maybe 1mpg or so. Power has been consistently better, especially on the top end...nothing insane, but definitely there. I am very happy with them.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
ordered my set today. hoping i have similar thoughts towards them as you when I get them installed.

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I've had mine on for about 1k miles. I'm happy with them, noticeable improvement in engine "smoothness". Less idle roughness and less of that part throttle surge. Pain in the butt to install, but you will learn how to take most of your upper end apart quickly if you ever need to do plugs or other repairs in the future. I'd do it again.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine on for about 1k miles. I'm happy with them, noticeable improvement in engine "smoothness". Less idle roughness and less of that part throttle surge. Pain in the butt to install, but you will learn how to take most of your upper end apart quickly if you ever need to do plugs or other repairs in the future. I'd do it again.
Did you notice improvement in gas mileage as well?

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Did you notice improvement in gas mileage as well?
To be honest, I havenā€™t been able to check. Each tank since Iā€™ve put them on has had off-roading miles. That really skews the MPG. But I will say, it stays in 8th gear more often than it did before on my daily commute. Thatā€™s gotta be a good sign that the packs are helping a little bit.

techhnyne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jku jlu
These coils are just a waste of money, they do nothing to increase performance, I had these coils and they went bad on me in 20k miles and ripp never even responded to me about a warranty. these are china made coils so figures they also work like shit
Sponsored