Which lift I should go for?

Eady66262

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON
Hi all. I was planning to get the fox 2” lift kit from Mopar.
but few people told me that The shocks ain’t good anyway and the ride will change and be hard, stock Rubicon comfort will be gone.
And few recommended to go for the EMU BP-51 from oldman.
Anyone could help please
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You should check out the Rancho lift. The cost is just over 700 dollars with adjustable shocks. I have put them on 5 JLURs and we have approx 100,000 combined miles with no problems. Buy the one with the adjustable 9000 series shocks. We have wheeled all over the US with no problems, Moab, Colorado, Kentucky, Tennessee and Michigan. The lift rides great, flexes great, clears 37s and Rancho stands behind their stuff. With the adjustable shocks, I can adjusted them for the sand dunes, rock climbing, trail riding and comfort on the street.

Here are some flex shot..
p0lsliqbwQTqgpyygnaxj_PCyowc-oeHxT8N-Nm_VAQidOEn9o5eoSGLQEmBDtHjS6UM13UdmJr07qYtnw=w1346-h757-no.jpg

Emlv2M0tUcE_HaW57ngMUhhWqQEmD5pKJ0M-XT6twHP3MpmtwUtVD3OT5icAyoFdibv_UE_1KYK0dICn2bg=w426-h757-no.jpg

ZhHrgfi-vnt6-8c7ATfNNxC08Zyo_tM5KfIG0FOO4HZgQYNKiSGG_zj0TgkEYNE_MR1OciARnSVRKwJh8Q=w1346-h757-no.jpg

It is amazing how smooth the JLUR is on the street. I soften up the shocks and with 26 psi in the 37s, it is almost passenger car smooth. Then I firm the shocks up depending on the type of wheeling I do.

OP
OP

Eady66262

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON
You should check out the Rancho lift. The cost is just over 700 dollars with adjustable shocks. I have put them on 5 JLURs and we have approx 100,000 combined miles with no problems. Buy the one with the adjustable 9000 series shocks. We have wheeled all over the US with no problems, Moab, Colorado, Kentucky, Tennessee and Michigan. The lift rides great, flexes great, clears 37s and Rancho stands behind their stuff. With the adjustable shocks, I can adjusted them for the sand dunes, rock climbing, trail riding and comfort on the street.

p0lsliqbwQTqgpyygnaxj_PCyowc-oeHxT8N-Nm_VAQidOEn9o5eoSGLQEmBDtHjS6UM13UdmJr07qYtnw=w1346-h757-no.jpg

Emlv2M0tUcE_HaW57ngMUhhWqQEmD5pKJ0M-XT6twHP3MpmtwUtVD3OT5icAyoFdibv_UE_1KYK0dICn2bg=w426-h757-no.jpg

ZhHrgfi-vnt6-8c7ATfNNxC08Zyo_tM5KfIG0FOO4HZgQYNKiSGG_zj0TgkEYNE_MR1OciARnSVRKwJh8Q=w1346-h757-no.jpg

It is amazing how smooth the JLUR is on the street. I soften up the shocks and with 26 psi in the 37s, it is almost passenger car smooth. Then I firm the shocks up depending on the type of wheeling I do.
Thank a lot for sharing.
definitely will have a look at them

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase

im debating getting the rancho 9000s as I like a nice soft ride. I just have a hard time believing the adjustment on these is noticeable. These are “cheap” compared to other shocks with adjusters/dampening etc.

So how noticeable. If they are on the softest settting and someone changes them to hardest without me knowing, will i notice instantly. Also are you running the 3.5” lift for rubicon/4.5” for sport length shocks?

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
but few people told me that The shocks ain’t good anyway and the ride will change and be hard, stock Rubicon comfort will be gone.
And few recommended to go for the EMU BP-51 from oldman.
Anyone could help please
I don't have any experience with the ride quality of any shocks other than OEM, but I do know that the biggest complaint about the Mopar lift shocks is their relatively shorter travel than other aftermarket shocks.

Here's a partial list of available shocks with their compressed-extended length graphed:

JL Front Shock Travel.png

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
and yet IMHO, My Rubicon porridge was to cold but my Mopar is just right. Go figure

OP
OP

Eady66262

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON
I don't have any experience with the ride quality of any shocks other than OEM, but I do know that the biggest complaint about the Mopar lift shocks is their relatively shorter travel than other aftermarket shocks.

Here's a partial list of available shocks with their compressed-extended length graphed:

JL Front Shock Travel.png
Thanks alot

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
You can always check out Clayton Off Road ;) I hear they have some nice high quality lifts!

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/products/vehicle/jl-wrangler-18/category/jeep-lift-kits
Can you clarify this statement from your website?
Most importantly, adjustable front upper control arms. Since the distance from the center of the axle to center of the uppers, is greater than the center of axle to center of lower. Adjusting your caster angle is more affective, and the correct way to properly adjust your caster angle.

Is Clayton stating that the front upper control arms are longer than the lower control arms? Or is it that the front control arms are further out from the center-line of the Jeep? Or is it that the suspension link's pickup points are further away from the center of the axle tube?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
im debating getting the rancho 9000s as I like a nice soft ride. I just have a hard time believing the adjustment on these is noticeable. These are “cheap” compared to other shocks with adjusters/dampening etc.

So how noticeable. If they are on the softest settting and someone changes them to hardest without me knowing, will i notice instantly. Also are you running the 3.5” lift for rubicon/4.5” for sport length shocks?
On the soft setting, the shocks are very soft and deliver a passenger car type ride. I turn up the back to 6 click and the front to 4 clicks on the sand dunes. This usually stops me from bottoming out on high speed runs up the dunes when I hit whoops, and deals pretty good if I get a little off the ground here or there. Note I try not to jump it, but it does happen at times. I turn the rear shocks all the way up when rock crawling or towing. This makes it so when I drop off a good size ledge, that I do not bottom out when the Jeep comes down. It also makes it so that it does not slam down on the rear bumper as it would if the shocks were on a softer setting.

I and my buds wheel hard and have not had problems, We have done Windrock, a couple time, Holy Cross, Black Bear, Imogene, Engineering, Cinnamon, Ophir, Red Cone, Webster Pass. We have also done Top of the World in Moab and Drummond Island in Michigan. We have spent many days running trails in Michigan and many weekends at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and trips to Rocks and Valley Off Road park in Michigan. I have almost 21,000 miles on my JLUR and it is not a daily driver. I try to use it for Jeep stuff primary. Not saying that I don't ever drive it just to drive it, but most of those miles have been travel to and from wheeling spots and wheeling off road.

The point I am trying to make is you can spend more money on a lift. That does not mean you have to. If you want to run a 100+ mph across the desert, maybe a different lift and shock would be in order, but for $700 dollars, I don't think the Rancho lift can be beat by anything that is within 500 dollars of its price.

P6NbFWJo_ahs6p4dC6hHCyXOi5h2s_ohuD25-CVUpx_usI-ZB9tcQO2VYIhM16Idq_lzolsknBCIjA0irQ=w1010-h757-no.jpg

BdJlrf1YOEaxOYqWYSfdGFwcScrAJc464YXMBuWv7RJAviJ716DMbQuGeMrzpC_TCtJrcrerjIzpCXgbqs=w1010-h757-no.jpg

Fo8l86kwxujl_Z7cWqyh_9EuYSO5ahoM7ablU8tfMh9gKJG_oTQPJj8T489iFqV8fL7RDGMIg7yU2T9t5c=w1010-h757-no.jpg

y10HN3E7SibSb8GvXntRajpXaQeGZu-wjrRimUVEUG72kYUi9HJzUFOy7HChjbHN6eleagbXiEPpycIaZF8=w568-h757-no.jpg

LHFZmeWzk72Egwtx14YoXGPFGkBHI-37NAhKk-mgL6xrLZzpqqnUIofx20JRkLNQtK_6l3p9G1xrFbF64Qk=w426-h757-no.jpg

wj49OP23wjCNJilCxLEUXYgI3_97wJ59JDXzEEPosyOTPNxu4jhY5B1YJt8UJtIUoZNqypHltYLgdqJwyI=w1346-h757-no.jpg
9TbGrnLyU2cQrYrmhrkTnPQcZ8xqUJZokym52s_gmlORgrqTq2NYj45OlJIzvOi1_NgH16QQa6bIyVkPag=w1010-h757-no.jpg

0nqsnHa1BnunJJA9Bjw-ZectdWZNYBO_75KS-l7mwGKEXwrxVaIZOL3UDsL3vRANofnkdNvzpy0wyadiTw=w1346-h757-no.jpg

And I pull a camper all over with it also. It has been off the road and to the mall, I could have bought any lift that I wanted, but I thought after doing research, that the Rancho was the best bang for the buck.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
On the soft setting, the shocks are very soft and deliver a passenger car type ride. I turn up the back to 6 click and the front to 4 clicks on the sand dunes. This usually stops me from bottoming out on high speed runs up the dunes when I hit whoops, and deals pretty good if I get a little off the ground here or there. Note I try not to jump it, but it does happen at times. I turn the rear shocks all the way up when rock crawling or towing. This makes it so when I drop off a good size ledge, that I do not bottom out when the Jeep comes down. It also makes it so that it does not slam down on the rear bumper as it would if the shocks were on a softer setting.

I and my buds wheel hard and have not had problems, We have done Windrock, a couple time, Holy Cross, Black Bear, Imogene, Engineering, Cinnamon, Ophir, Red Cone, Webster Pass. We have also done Top of the World in Moab and Drummond Island in Michigan. We have spent many days running trails in Michigan and many weekends at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and trips to Rocks and Valley Off Road park in Michigan. I have almost 21,000 miles on my JLUR and it is not a daily driver. I try to use it for Jeep stuff primary. Not saying that I don't ever drive it just to drive it, but most of those miles have been travel to and from wheeling spots and wheeling off road.

The point I am trying to make is you can spend more money on a lift. That does not mean you have to. If you want to run a 100+ mph across the desert, maybe a different lift and shock would be in order, but for $700 dollars, I don't think the Rancho lift can be beat by anything that is within 500 dollars of its price.

P6NbFWJo_ahs6p4dC6hHCyXOi5h2s_ohuD25-CVUpx_usI-ZB9tcQO2VYIhM16Idq_lzolsknBCIjA0irQ=w1010-h757-no.jpg

BdJlrf1YOEaxOYqWYSfdGFwcScrAJc464YXMBuWv7RJAviJ716DMbQuGeMrzpC_TCtJrcrerjIzpCXgbqs=w1010-h757-no.jpg

Fo8l86kwxujl_Z7cWqyh_9EuYSO5ahoM7ablU8tfMh9gKJG_oTQPJj8T489iFqV8fL7RDGMIg7yU2T9t5c=w1010-h757-no.jpg

y10HN3E7SibSb8GvXntRajpXaQeGZu-wjrRimUVEUG72kYUi9HJzUFOy7HChjbHN6eleagbXiEPpycIaZF8=w568-h757-no.jpg

LHFZmeWzk72Egwtx14YoXGPFGkBHI-37NAhKk-mgL6xrLZzpqqnUIofx20JRkLNQtK_6l3p9G1xrFbF64Qk=w426-h757-no.jpg

wj49OP23wjCNJilCxLEUXYgI3_97wJ59JDXzEEPosyOTPNxu4jhY5B1YJt8UJtIUoZNqypHltYLgdqJwyI=w1346-h757-no.jpg
9TbGrnLyU2cQrYrmhrkTnPQcZ8xqUJZokym52s_gmlORgrqTq2NYj45OlJIzvOi1_NgH16QQa6bIyVkPag=w1010-h757-no.jpg

0nqsnHa1BnunJJA9Bjw-ZectdWZNYBO_75KS-l7mwGKEXwrxVaIZOL3UDsL3vRANofnkdNvzpy0wyadiTw=w1346-h757-no.jpg

And I pull a camper all over with it also. It has been off the road and to the mall, I could have bought any lift that I wanted, but I thought after doing research, that the Rancho was the best bang for the buck.
Does this lift come with adjustable track bars, and/or relo bracket, and some kind of caster correction?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Does this lift come with adjustable track bars, and/or relo bracket, and some kind of caster correction?
It does not. It moves the axles about 5/8 of an inch more to one side. It does not cause any problems and the only way you can tell is to put a tape measure to it. All of our Jeeps drive smooth and straight.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It does not. It moves the axles about 5/8 of an inch more to one side. It does not cause any problems and the only way you can tell is to put a tape measure to it. All of our Jeeps drive smooth and straight.
Gotcha..... I was wondering how they were able to sell their lift so much cheaper.
Sponsored