Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Kindly disagree. I have a rubicon with 38” on the mopar lift and it rides like stock, no pulling to the left or right at all. People do these installs, make mistakes and blame the product. 3000k miles on that lift and two off-road trips. No problems, no concerns and I’m not gentle with it.

Mopar lift does not just go up, it changes the geometry in addition to ride height.

To the OP, you will get what you pay for, period. Many people do these spacers and there is much more to lifting a vehicle than going vertical. There is a change in ride going 2.5” spacers with existing setup geometry, it simply gets worse after 2.5”.

Unlike most, I got to drive this setup on the highway, city and off road before doing it to mine. The shop loaned me a truck since they had three gladiators they used the Mopar lift on. My wife also drove it and we were happy with the setup so decided to do the same.

I get watching the budget and doing what you can.
Some of the spacer lifts change geometry as well. Adding longer control arms or extension, both do the same thing. The Mopar lift is a fine lift kit, it does ride great on the road, plenty of people agree on that. Just because a kit is cheaper doesn't mean it performs any different than a more expensive kit. The term you get what you pay for use to be so but nowadays some of the cheaper lifts are just as good as the more expensive ones. Not saying that the Mopar isn't great but someone doing a Rough Country lift or any other brand for that matter, can get the same ride quality out of their lift, you just got to make sure the kit your getting comes with everything you need to do the job right.
Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Some of the spacer lifts change geometry as well. Adding longer control arms or extension, both do the same thing. The Mopar lift is a fine lift kit, it does ride great on the road, plenty of people agree on that. Just because a kit is cheaper doesn't mean it performs any different than a more expensive kit. The term you get what you pay for use to be so but nowadays some of the cheaper lifts are just as good as the more expensive ones. Not saying that the Mopar great but someone doing a Rough Country lift or any other brand for that matter, can get the same ride quality out of their lift, you just got to make sure the kit your getting comes with everything you need to do the job right.
And the install needs to be correct. But many fall in love with what they buy, I get it.

All I can recommend is if they can, drive the setup you want so there is no remorse when sitting on the porch sipping tea :)

Last edited:

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
I think they are Polyurethane if I remember right not metal but will last as long as any of the other ones. Longer than rubber for sure. I'm sure the ride quality is not compromised by them. They make a fine spacer lift.
I put the 3.5 inch spacers on and they are all metal. The track bar is heavy and thick, and the sway bar links are good too. So far the shocks ride great. Very slightly stiffer but not as much as Fox. But overall very good kit for $499. If I go to 37's next, I'll probably go to a spring kit, but 99% or more of my driving is highways (2 hrs a day) , so ride quality was important. I just wheeled it for two days at an event and it handled superb. Totally impressed by both the spacer lift and the truck itself.
Jeep knocked it out of the park with this one.

Last edited:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I put the 3.5 inch spacers on and they are all metal. The track bar is heavy and thick, and the seat bar links are good too. So far the shocks ride great. Very slightly stiffer but not as much as Fox. But overall very good kit for $499. If I go to 37's next, I'll probably go to a spring kit, but 99% or more of my driving is highways (2 hrs a day) , so ride quality was important. I just wheeled it for two days at an event and it handled superb. Totally impressed by both the spacer lift and the truck itself.
Jeep knocked it out of the park with this one.
Yeah you didn't go wrong on it. I know they feel metal but I am pretty sure it's polyurethane pucks. Most of the pucks are made from polyurethane, they feel metal and are as strong as metal but not as heavy. Keeps the weight down. I wouldn't pay much attention to a lot of the comments going on in this thread. Some people just like what they like and if it cost more it most certainly must be better;)Save your money for bumpers and other goodies, and if you go 37's that lift will be just fine when you do that as well.:rock:

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
And the install needs to be correct. But many fall in love with what they buy, I get it.

All I can recommend is if they can, drive the setup you want so there is not remorse when sitting on the porch sipping tea :)
That's probably the most important thing. A good shop will know if a kit is right or not. Like the one I used, I was between the Rough Country or ReadyLift and they said the Readylift had everything I needed and I may need to buy additional things for the Rough Country. Could of probably had same setup had I went Rough Country but the Readylift had everything I needed.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I've never seen a metal spacer before.

Depending on your needs, the lift varies quite a bit. Sounds like OP is just wanting the height to look good and clear tires. Pucks are perfect for that...only I'd upgrade the shocks and not use the RC ones.

Its also very easy to do yourself.

OP
OP

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Go to rough country web page the front spacer on the leveling kit is metal just the one that ready lift sells I have leveled around 20 trucks in my years and the spacer used to not be metal but polyurethane and before that they were body lifts

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Go to rough country web page the front spacer on the leveling kit is metal just the one that ready lift sells I have leveled around 20 trucks in my years and the spacer used to not be metal but polyurethane and before that they were body lifts
Not saying your right or wrong but the Readylift and pretty much every other puck lift I have seen use polyurethane spacers. The 2.5" Rough country lift I had on my JKU had polyurethane pucks for the lift. Maybe RC went back in time and decided to make metal ones again. I could be wrong though, just wouldn't make sense to use metal spacers, one for the corrosion and two for the weight. If they in fact are metal, I'm glad I went the Readylift route then. Still not knocking your lift though, if you like it, that's all that matters.

Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Mine is metal. I used to manufacture polyurethane, so I know what it is very well. I'm also not a dumbass and I know what metal looks like. Mine are metal. Terraflex uses urethane with kevlar in it which is really just fiberglass. But whatever. My RC is metal. Front and rear

desertrecon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JTR Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Gregbj33 what size tire and wheels are you running I am thinking about going with dirty life wheels 17x9 and 37 inch tires and I will order some of the spacers from Rusty’s off road thanks for the info on that
I was thinking of Dirty Life wheels also, I wonder how much they cost in the US, because here in Dubai everything is expensive. Also thinking of 37s. But i will keep the lift stock for now until they are available here. Hope you could share us pictures.

OP
OP

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Dirty life wheels are 283 dollars a piece from quadratec plus tax and free shipping

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I did the RC 2.5” leveling with 1.5” spacers and had it installed at a local garage. Cost me around $450 total. I have a sport and think it rides great, but am
Considering swapping to rubicon shocks if I can find them for reasonable price shipped to me.

FDFE8A10-5AA5-425A-8A5E-069A1EDECB10.jpeg
Have to say I really like those rims! Nice touch!

PacificWander

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I think you are all wrong....... lol
(granted I barely read this thread because it just sounds like toddlers fighting over who’s chocolate milk tastes better)

And mines better than all yours. (Just having fun)

granted I’ve only had it a week so not complete yet.

B42DAB92-86F3-44A9-B795-707B66E4BD4D.jpeg
Sponsored