First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
More pics. Car is on its way to the body shop. My groundhog is strapped into the back seat. Hope the techs have a laugh.

Looking at the damage more, I think it's obvious that I basically drove over the Sienna's hood.

Maybe I should use this as an opportunity to get new tires. Maybe even a Rubicon back number?

IMG_20200224_135631.jpg
IMG_20200224_135637.jpg
Sponsored

Rulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLA 250, Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Do you have pics of the other vehicle?

The more I see gladiators in accidents, the happier I am with my purchase. Every single crash so far has shown me that the Gladiator is built like a tank.

Glad you guys are safe!

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
...so for about 39 seconds or so, all the lights are red.
That can't be right; did you forget a decimal? I'd go insane sitting at a light with traffic in all directions sitting red for 39 seconds!

To the OP: sucks that you got hit by yet another shitty driver; I hope they throw the book at him.

Sponsored

Xenephobe

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'd be interested on what damages your suspension might have. It also looks like you might be getting some of your exhaust replaced.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The best body shop that I could find in my area is coming by today for a consultation.
Dana pro 60! Sorry about your ride. Nice to know it's "tank like"!

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I'd be interested on what damages your suspension might have. It also looks like you might be getting some of your exhaust replaced.
Suspension looked fine. It will definitely get a new exhaust. They are going to get in on the alignment machine Wednesday to see what is bent.

The body shop that I took it too is quite large and very tech-ie. My dad's friend owns it and they do really nice work.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
That can't be right; did you forget a decimal? I'd go insane sitting at a light with traffic in all directions sitting red for 39 seconds!

To the OP: sucks that you got hit by yet another shitty driver; I hope they throw the book at him.
Thanks, should read 3-9 seconds...
As for the driver that ran a red light, the OP is being too kind, driving requires your full attention, red lights are hard to miss, and he had no business driving without a license. An unlicensed driver almost ran my wife over, hitting the gas instead of the brake. Driving a vehicle in public is serious business, and running a red lift is reckless driving in its own right, you do nor need to be speeding... Then their is the issue of the two young children, who had their lives endangered by this incident, by the unlicensed driver.
Cheers

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Then why proceed into the intersection?? BS excuse . . .
Yeah - total excuse. If he did not see it because of the glare, then all of the lights would be 'un-seeable' and thus he could not have seen the green light.

Also the car in the left lane travelling the same direction (was a 4 lane road with a shared turn lane) had come to a stop for the light. The cars travelling the opposite direction were also stopped.

What I am most concerned about is that the vehicle was insured through one of these never-heard-of insurance providers. So not sure how well StateFarm is going to do recovering my deductible and some of the rental fees that we might need to pay.

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Disgusting. If he was driving unlicensed, he was willfully violating the law. He should have been taken to jail.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
[/QUOTE]What I am most concerned about is that the vehicle was insured through one of these never-heard-of insurance providers. So not sure how well StateFarm is going to do recovering my deductible and some of the rental fees that we might need to pay.[/QUOTE]
upload_2020-2-24_15-36-23.png

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Glad to hear everyone is ok. Sorry to hear about the JT. Lemons to Lemonade, maybe you can upgrade a few items

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Lemonade, maybe you can upgrade a few items
I am hoping. Not sure how the process works, but I think once the SF adjuster meets with the body shop they come to a $ amount that it can be repaired for. Once that is established, not sure how well all of the $ is accounted for but I guess it would be possible to source take off Rubicon wheels and tires in place of the new OEM Sport S wheel and tire.
Sponsored