Sponsored

2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

HumbleJLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ Rubicon; 18 Audi S5 SB
I ordered mine on 1-1 and spent sometime yesterday with a cup of coffee thinking about options. Stay with my order, order a pick up, order a car are my basic options. I don' like or need a full-size truck, I had a Tacoma and won' get another. A car doesn' work for me cause I like to hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors, I want 4wheel drive. I am going to wait for my 2 door to come in and make a decision then based on what else Jeep removes from the 18 JL and my dealer standing by the price deal
My sentiments exactly. Waiting on my 2 door!
Sponsored

jpalazz2

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, Honda CB500x
I would like to know why 4 doors are built before the 2 door models It is my understanding they are built on two different assembly lines.
I think you’re probably right that they’re on different lines. I’d bet it takes time to prepare those productions lines. There’s likely a lot of shared parts between the two as well so maybe shortages lead to delays also.

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This may be true for some but I would bet more bought it because it was now a viable option for larger families that could not make due with a two door.
You’re right, but it’s a trend that’s been going since the 90’s - I mean you really DON’T see too many 2 door vehicles anymore.

I’m thinking back to when nearly every vehicle had a 2 and 4 door version. Now you’re pressed to find anything in 2 doors that isn’t a compact sports car or a truck.

This is probably from the false assumption that people with families are more financially capable.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’m thinking back to when nearly every vehicle had a 2 and 4 door version. Now you’re pressed to find anything in 2 doors that isn’t a compact sports car or a truck.
That is because we are all to fat to squeeze into the back seat of a two door now! :crying:

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to know why 4 doors are built before the 2 door models. It is my understanding they are built on two different assembly lines.
My guess is the 2 doors will be built on the assembly JK line, so they had to wait for JK production to stop.
I could be wrong though.

Sponsored

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
My guess is the 2 doors will be built on the assembly JK line, so they had to wait for JK production to stop.
I could be wrong though.
This could be true, but remember that if so, your VIN that you have been assigned will have to change to reflect the other facility.

Sweetwater

I know that 2drs are not scheduled to begin production until Feb 12 and then it will only be hardtops for the next month. My experience with factory orders is only with GM, and in that case, orders were scheduled 3 to 4 weeks out. Since we’re getting in that range, I’m curious if that is the same for FCA and whether any 2dr orders have been picked up and scheduled.

I have a 2Dr. Rubicon ordered 1-11-18. Wrote to Jeep about 2Dr's. My answer from Jeep 3-10-18. NOT GOOD!!!

According to our provided resources, production of the 2018 Jeep
Wrangler JL 2-Door is scheduled to begin in early to mid-April 2018.
Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to
change.

Our best suggestion would be for you to continue to work with your
preferred Jeep dealership. Your preferred Jeep dealership is the best
resource to keep you up-to-date on the progress of your vehicle order.

If you have any further product questions about the current Jeep lineup,
you are always welcome to reply back to this email and I will respond
back to you as promptly as I can. If you prefer, you can also reach us
directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by
calling 1-877-426-5337. When you call, we can connect you directly to
your local dealership, providing your call is during the dealer's hours
of operation.

Thank you again for choosing Jeep, Clifton! Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Erin
Jeep Product Information Center

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email. If you wish
to respond, please use the REPLY LINK shown below.
REPLY LINK:
http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_forms/us/reply.jsp?trk_ID=KMM10599461V87206L0KM

Privacy
http://www.jeep.com/universal/privacy.html

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Comments:
Please tell me and MANY others that the 2Dr wrangler JL is in
production! I
do have a Rubicon on order. Jeep has dropped the ball on 2Dr info. Just
read "Wrangler Form" and see for yourself how many loyal Jeep customers
you
WILL loose. The talk is not good about Jeep.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I could be wrong though.
My dealer told me they produce both at the same time on two different lines.

Sponsored

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
I have a 2Dr. Rubicon ordered 1-11-18. Wrote to Jeep about 2Dr's. My answer from Jeep 3-10-18. NOT GOOD!!!

According to our provided resources, production of the 2018 Jeep
Wrangler JL 2-Door is scheduled to begin in early to mid-April 2018.
Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to
change.

Our best suggestion would be for you to continue to work with your
preferred Jeep dealership. Your preferred Jeep dealership is the best
resource to keep you up-to-date on the progress of your vehicle order.

If you have any further product questions about the current Jeep lineup,
you are always welcome to reply back to this email and I will respond
back to you as promptly as I can. If you prefer, you can also reach us
directly with your questions at the Jeep Product Information Center by
calling 1-877-426-5337. When you call, we can connect you directly to
your local dealership, providing your call is during the dealer's hours
of operation.

Thank you again for choosing Jeep, Clifton! Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Erin
Jeep Product Information Center

NOTE: Please do not use the 'Reply' function of your email. If you wish
to respond, please use the REPLY LINK shown below.
REPLY LINK:
http://www.chrysler.com/wccs/brand_forms/us/reply.jsp?trk_ID=KMM10599461V87206L0KM

Privacy
http://www.jeep.com/universal/privacy.html

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Comments:
Please tell me and MANY others that the 2Dr wrangler JL is in
production! I
do have a Rubicon on order. Jeep has dropped the ball on 2Dr info. Just
read "Wrangler Form" and see for yourself how many loyal Jeep customers
you
WILL loose. The talk is not good about Jeep.

It's amazing how Jeep contractors / employees can write paragraphs w/o actually saying anything beyond " there are delays." I guess they are pretty anal at Jeep about letting people know why they are delaying 2 door production.

Maybe it's because they have to find every old 8.4 uconnect system to put into the 2 doors thus no offroad pages. Transparency is utterly lacking at Jeep, something I'm not going to forget! Competition is the best remedy, hopefully we'll have it next go around.

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
this thread is getting off topic. Let's try to keep this about the 2 door JL updates. Not 4 door comparison, or JK or any accessories.
I agree this thread sometimes goes off topic.. I think people come here hoping for some good news. Not finding it, they talk about something else. I'm probably going to check less frequently myself to keep my disappointment level lower.
I foresee no encouraging news in the near future. I want to see one of three things. (1)- someone actually sees a 2 door at a dealer.(2)- someone on here actually takes delivery, and (3)- I get mine!
For now I'll drive this Wrangler like vehicle.

IMG_6644.JPG

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
I agree this thread sometimes goes off topic.. I think people come here hoping for some good news. Not finding it, they talk about something else. I'm probably going to check less frequently myself to keep my disappointment level lower.
I foresee no encouraging news in the near future. I want to see one of three things. (1)- someone actually sees a 2 door at a dealer.(2)- someone on here actually takes delivery, and (3)- I get mine!
For now I'll drive this Wrangler like vehicle.

IMG_6644.JPG
I would like to see if and/or when any 2 door build has moved beyond 'D' status. Also, how they were informed the status was beyond 'D' - where did the info come from?

I was 'D' for 4 weeks, then was told it had only been in 'D' for 3 days, now maybe I am 'D' again? I haven't been waiting as long as many of you but, today is day 35 from order date.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
My dealer told me they produce both at the same time on two different lines.
Pretty sure that's the case. The JK line is supposed to be dedicated to the JT when that starts later this year. I don't think it would be possible for the JK line to switch to JL production without many weeks, if not months, of retooling.

Back in February, there was a post from a Jeep factory employee, that he subsequently deleted, talking about how they were sending the odd 2dr down the JLU production line as pilot vehicles in advance of setting up for full production. At that time, the start was anticipated for early March. My recollection of another post I can't find said that the delay in 2drs resulted from these tests indicating serious issues with the assembly robots not being able to meet production tolerances when switching from 4dr to 2dr as the individual vehicles pass through. All of this supports 2drs going down the same assembly line as JLUs.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I would like to see if and/or when any 2 door build has moved beyond 'D' status. Also, how they were informed the status was beyond 'D' - where did the info come from?
I already posted into this thread the POC from when I went into D1 and was assigned a target ship date of Feb 24. Unfortunately, a week later, I was back at D, but my POC from last Thursday still shows the Feb target shipping date.
Sponsored