First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Gentleman, after reading all these posts, still confused on what i'm missing to convert to OEM LED lighting. Please confirm.

1. So I purchased used OEM LED Headlight take offs. Those are only lights with no any additional harness.
2. Purchased Merimoto LED DRLs
3. Purchased smoked turn signals for fenders
4. As I understand I still need to purchase wire/connector in order for Halos to work, part# 68347117AB (pic included), please confirm.
5. Lastly after everything is installed to work property I need to go to the dealer to get it flashed, please confirm.

A'm I missing something? Should this be enough for a conversion? Also, what if I don't have LED tail lights yet, would front be functioning properly? Cause I read other threats that without tail lights front turn signals were malfunctioning.

led lights harness 1.jpg
Did you forget about your tail lights?
Sponsored

offroad.ua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Did you forget about your tail lights?
Apparently my Jeep had LED tail lights from the factory already. I believe previous owner selected blind spot sensors that only come with tail LEDs. So still need a confirmation if I missed something from the list for a LED conversion. Thank you in advance.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
Apparently my Jeep had LED tail lights from the factory already. I believe previous owner selected blind spot sensors that only come with tail LEDs. So still need a confirmation if I missed something from the list for a LED conversion. Thank you in advance.
Lucky dog. I upgraded my Sahara to paintable high top fender flares with LED’s. Sales code flashed but after a few minutes they stop working. I think it is because the tail lights are pulling more current than the flares. I am about to order the tail lights to test my theory. Only LED upgrade has been the fender flares.

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
Lucky dog. I upgraded my Sahara to paintable high top fender flares with LED’s. Sales code flashed but after a few minutes they stop working. I think it is because the tail lights are pulling more current than the flares. I am about to order the tail lights to test my theory. Only LED upgrade has been the fender flares.
Initially I shared your theory of the current mismatch between halogen tail lights and LED fenders but based on the attached Jeep order guide it appears each group of lamps is assigned a unique sales code..

I was also considering ordering the LED tail lights until I saw the cost; @ $550 for the pair! (fine if that's the fix but too expensive especially if they create another problem).. a cheaper test might be to purchase aftermarket LED bulbs for the existing tail lights..

Do you know what sales code your dealer added? I believe "LPY" is the required code for the fender LEDs... but my dealer claims it isn't listed on my VIN and they don't know how (or who) to contact the FCA Region to get it added...

Contacting the FCA Region to add a sales code is mentioned in multiple threads but none (that I've found) provide specifics as to who (role, position or name) a dealer must contact.. it seems like it shouldn't be that difficult but my dealer hasn't figured it out..

Specifics on how to request the FCA Region add a sales code would be much appreciated!

Attachments

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
So what I'm gathering is for a non-LED equipped JL these will require a dealver or Tazer flash regardless if you want the Halos to work? I was hoping the LEDs would be a direct swap for the haologens then I could skip the wiring and flash for the Halos but it sounds like you need a flash regardless? Bummer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Barbas

First Name
Alvaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator sport
Hello, I need help! I have a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport.
I bought the original OEM LED lights without the harness, which I bought separately. I made the connection to the plug that goes to the lights but I never did the connection to the body control. I unplugged the connector from the body control in order to finalize the harness installation in the pin #5 and pin #7. but I forgot to first disconnect the battery. At that point it was too late at night and I decided to continue the next day. So I connected the harness to the body control again in order to move the vehicle to the driveway. At that moment when I turned on the vehicle, the wipers went off and none of the buttons from the steering wheel were working such as; cruise control, signals, volume etc). Also, both, the Check Engine and the Stability Control lights are both ON and the steering wheel gets hard once the vehicle is not moving.
I have checked all the fuses and tried with a lot of computers from different places. I have the Tazer Mini but I can't marry it with the car because the buttons of the steering wheel aren't working.
I took the vehicle to a dealer and they told me that the clock spring was not good. Then I spoke to the technician and he said the computer from the dealer couldn't communicate with the module that controls everything on the steering wheel and in order to give me a diagnostic I would have to pay $400.
Today, I took it to another Jeep dealer and they said the same thing, that the computer from the dealer can't communicate with the module from the steering wheel, and that maybe a module may have gotten burnt or the body control could have been damaged for putting those lights to the vehicle.
I have read all 30 pages of these comments and didn't come across anyone with this same issue. I wouldn't think that for connecting these lights to the vehicle I could have burnt something. But I accept that not disconnecting the battery from the beginning may have been wrong on my part.

If anyone knows of someone that this happened to or can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager
Initially I shared your theory of the current mismatch between halogen tail lights and LED fenders but based on the attached Jeep order guide it appears each group of lamps is assigned a unique sales code..

I was also considering ordering the LED tail lights until I saw the cost; @ $550 for the pair! (fine if that's the fix but too expensive especially if they create another problem).. a cheaper test might be to purchase aftermarket LED bulbs for the existing tail lights..

Do you know what sales code your dealer added? I believe "LPY" is the required code for the fender LEDs... but my dealer claims it isn't listed on my VIN and they don't know how (or who) to contact the FCA Region to get it added...

Contacting the FCA Region to add a sales code is mentioned in multiple threads but none (that I've found) provide specifics as to who (role, position or name) a dealer must contact.. it seems like it shouldn't be that difficult but my dealer hasn't figured it out..

Specifics on how to request the FCA Region add a sales code would be much appreciated!
I think they added LPX. Baffled. They work then not work. Sometimes they will work, stop working, then start working. I do not live far from work so no real long continuous usage. I did get the Tazer JL mini. But I am having a hard time getting to the plugs.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Hey everyone. I'm in the process of gathering all the parts to do a full factory front-end conversion to LED. Headlights, turns, fogs. Seems like the Tazer is pretty much a necessity, but recently I read about someone doing a high-line fender led conversion and using the JSCAN app to get them working properly. The cost is only like $80 for that route compared to $330 for a Tazer. Anyone else out there use this route yet?

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Update. I went for it and did the oem fogs, turns, and headlight kit. I wired the headlights to the BCM per install instructions. I used the jscan app to change all the above to LED and it seems to have worked, no errors. The only issue is I can’t seem to find a setting the turns on the Halos. Anyone out the know if this can be done with the jscan? There are so many menus and options I figure one would work but still struggling.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Update. I went for it and did the oem fogs, turns, and headlight kit. I wired the headlights to the BCM per install instructions. I used the jscan app to change all the above to LED and it seems to have worked, no errors. The only issue is I can’t seem to find a setting the turns on the Halos. Anyone out the know if this can be done with the jscan? There are so many menus and options I figure one would work but still struggling.
I did the conversion and you need to pull another wire to the harness to make them work. I skipped the halo - if you search the forum there have been a few postings on the subject

here’s one with the wire adapter

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR Manager

Contact the Service Manager at Champion Jeep in Athens, AL or (same guy) in Decatur, AL.
He knows the code and all that jazz. The Tazer JL mini worked. I will experiment this month clearing the error codes and unmarried to see if that fixes the issue.

the doctor

First Name
Ahitor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door
Gentleman, after reading all these posts, still confused on what i'm missing to convert to OEM LED lighting. Please confirm.

1. So I purchased used OEM LED Headlight take offs. Those are only lights with no any additional harness.
2. Purchased Merimoto LED DRLs
3. Purchased smoked turn signals for fenders
4. As I understand I still need to purchase wire/connector in order for Halos to work, part# 68347117AB (pic included), please confirm.
5. Lastly after everything is installed to work property I need to go to the dealer to get it flashed, please confirm.

A'm I missing something? Should this be enough for a conversion? Also, what if I don't have LED tail lights yet, would front be functioning properly? Cause I read other threats that without tail lights front turn signals were malfunctioning.

led lights harness 1.jpg
is this the correct part number do the wiring, look like is for sale by mopar for $60. I also bought the light before the kit was out and would like to wire it the correct way, I don’t like the fuse tap option

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
is this the correct part number do the wiring, look like is for sale by mopar for $60. I also bought the light before the kit was out and would like to wire it the correct way, I don’t like the fuse tap option
Crap I could have seen if the tag on the loom had a PN a few days ago when I did the install, but I don't think it's visible anymore. I'll try to see if it is tonight.

priscillav39

First Name
Priscilla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL 2dr Sport S
Yes. I bought it and it is that wire.