Sponsored

2020 JL Rubicon MC Game Changer 2.5" lift (Advice please)

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Thanks Krondor with the valuable information. I would definitely do few trips with stock and getting to know. What sort of tires you went with? is 35"x11.5 is a good size? and what brand and model is the most suitable for all terrain?
I went with 315/70R17 Milestar Patagonia M/T's because YouTube and they were cheaper. To my surprise they ride better on road, are better off road, and do better in snow than the KO2's they replaced.

I expected rubbing but got none on the stock suspension. I've a heavy winch up front too. This with some time in the rocks. Stock flexes fairly well actually. You will do just fine with 35's and no lift in my humble opinion.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My expectations are overlander trips and weekend drives to 4wd trails. I live in Washington state and there's lot of tracks here and planing to explore them.
For that, I still suggest stock with "maybe" different tires. I'm really eyeballing the Nitto Ridge Grappler for more AT duties. This may be a better choice for your purpose as well.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hi Hukaris. I am also in WA and have a JLR. Like you, I wanted 35”s and chose Nitto Ridge Grapplers, on Mopar slotted wheels. I’ve eyed a few lifts and thought the MC GC 2.5 was the right one. But lately I’ve been eyeing the Synergy Stage 1 lift, supplemented with their steering stabilizer and control arms. I’ve read that it is a true 2 inch lift, whereas the metal cloak is a bit taller. Any higher than 2” and the 35’s look small, and you might need to upgrade the driveshaft.

Mine is a daily driver with goals of doing some moderate trails.

21009A72-422C-447A-B14C-716815636CFF.jpeg
That's one nice looking Jeep!

I've read good things about Synergy. I might be getting their sector shaft brace soon. Great write up and piece of mind if nothing else.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
upload_2020-2-21_15-8-13.png

MC 2.5 on 37s

Love it. Had it done 2 days after picking it up at the dealership. 35s did indeed look too small on it according to my wife. Drives great, but highly recommend you get the drag link and tie rod from them as well if you go this route. I was a little drifty for a couple days until I did. Gets a little pricey, but with all the steering issues people report, I just wanted it done correctly, once.

Was very stiff to begin but has settled in nicely, especially with the extra weight of the front bumper & winch. Feels very planted right now but I still have an LOD rear bumper to come that will take a little weight off the front.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I wish MC would have released their tie rod before I got the SteerSmarts. I like to match the bits... but I can't complain about the beefy SteerSmarts bits. Things are solid, even without the stabilizer. lol

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
For that, I still suggest stock with "maybe" different tires. I'm really eyeballing the Nitto Ridge Grappler for more AT duties. This may be a better choice for your purpose as well.
You mean 35x12x17 Nitro Ridge Grappler?

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick question. Who are the good installers in Bothell WA and surroundings?

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can someone recommend me a good shop for upgrade. I'm going to enjoy the jeep as it is. But want to see a shops around me who can do the upgrades. I live in Bothell WA.

dlporter

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Can someone recommend me a good shop for upgrade. I'm going to enjoy the jeep as it is. But want to see a shops around me who can do the upgrades. I live in Bothell WA.
If you’re willing to cross the sound, Northridge 4x4 is in Silverdale. I make the drive from the Tri-Cities for them to do major work.
Sponsored