Bridgestone Tires on 2 Door Willys?

rosie

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Willys 2-Door
Has anyone else ordered a Willys? They’re supposed to come with Firestone mud tires, but my build sheet says Bridgestone.

It seems like Jeep has had a bunch of misordered tires, from other threads. Considering it’s part of the upgrade package that I paid for, it’ll be annoying if they’re different.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rosie

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never mind. Outsmarted myself; forgot that firestone is owned by Bridgestone! The tire codes match the builder tool.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Did you get the Mud or the All Terrain tires? Do you think these mud tires would be ok for daily driving on all pavement?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Did you get the Mud or the All Terrain tires? Do you think these mud tires would be ok for daily driving on all pavement?
The Firestone Destination MT2 is supposedly very good mud terrain tires. They will be my next set of tires once my AT wears out.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Firestone Destination MT2 is supposedly very good mud terrain tires. They will be my next set of tires once my AT wears out.
:like: Thanks!

Has anyone else ordered a Willys? They’re supposed to come with Firestone mud tires, but my build sheet says Bridgestone.
Never mind, missed the part where you already said mud :blush:

Sponsored

OP
OP

rosie

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:like: Thanks!

Never mind, missed the part where you already said mud :blush:
Obviously, still waiting on mine... but from my research, they’re going to ride more aggressively/roughly on the road. They’re good for a variety of conditions, though—mine is definitely going up in the mountains during ski season, and firestone rates them as pretty capable for snow.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obviously, still waiting on mine... but from my research, they’re going to ride more aggressively/roughly on the road. They’re good for a variety of conditions, though—mine is definitely going up in the mountains during ski season, and firestone rates them as pretty capable for snow.
I got the mud tires too. My brother talked me into upgrading to a Willys and I’m a bit worried about the mud tires. Hope they’ll work well on pavement and won’t slide around in the rain.

OP
OP

rosie

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the mud tires too. My brother talked me into upgrading to a Willys and I’m a bit worried about the mud tires. Hope they’ll work well on pavement and won’t slide around in the rain.
Ha, my brother (and every other car-obsessed guy in my family) tried to talk me into a Rubicon. When I explained that I didn’t need one and was getting a Willys instead I was informed that my choices were “barely adequate” lol

Here’s the tires: https://www.firestonetire.com/tire/destination-mt2/
According to their performance indices, they actually ride a bit better on wet roads than dry.

I saw one at my local dealership yesterday—they also just look way cooler than the standard sport tires.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha, my brother (and every other car-obsessed guy in my family) tried to talk me into a Rubicon. When I explained that I didn’t need one and was getting a Willys instead I was informed that my choices were “barely adequate” lol

Here’s the tires: https://www.firestonetire.com/tire/destination-mt2/
According to their performance indices, they actually ride a bit better on wet roads than dry.

I saw one at my local dealership yesterday—they also just look way cooler than the standard sport tires.
Yah my brother kept telling me to get the Rubicon but it’s just too hard core for me so he talked me into the Willys lol.

And thanks now I’m not worried about the tires! :like:

Sponsored

Braido

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Just picked up mine!

78FA171B-943C-4494-943A-14F870DD70B9.jpeg

8FF45C52-0F3F-473F-A8B4-EF2855C774CF.jpeg
Nice jeep, i pickup mine next weekend. Now that you have had it for a few months how are you enjoying it? Any advice, things to watch for?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice jeep, i pickup mine next weekend. Now that you have had it for a few months how are you enjoying it? Any advice, things to watch for?
Mine is perfect, no complaints from me. I have the mud tires. When I ordered there was the option for All Terrain or Mud Tires. I don’t think they give you an option anymore and they all come with mud? My tires have been great but I don’t speed around the corners.

Look out for a weld recall on the 2020 JL. If yours is a custom order and was built after October 26, 2019 yours won’t be affected.

You will love your Willys! The upgraded brakes are great I feel like i really notice a difference.

OP
OP

rosie

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s an awesome car! Like @Jennalee said, you will love it. The upgraded brakes do make a difference, though it does take a little to get used to them. I was driving an old Grand Cherokee before this, and I had to start braking practically half a mile back to stop in time. These stop on a dime. The mud tires drive well in the rain—haven’t tested in snow yet. On pavement they’re good, and handle well on corners. It’s more the center of gravity you have to watch out for.

Steering definitely can take some getting used to, as well; I was all over my lane when I first got it. Personally, I don’t think it handles well at the upper edge of California speeds—so over 80. Under 80 it’s great. It’s also not a sports car, so....

It’s the best thing it the world when you take it on your first adventure though. You’ve got no fear about where you can go, and you just feel cool in your Jeep.

Remember to wave!
Sponsored