Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
If your items fit in the compartment under the lift up carpet in the cargo area, you could use that. With the tailgate closed and locked, you can’t get access to that area as it holds down the lift up carpet.
This is not true, just fold the rear seat forward and the carpet covered board lifts right out of the way.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I want something like the Diabolical Slipstream, but I just have not been able to wrap my head around the cost yet. I will probably buy it maybe wait until payday for the wife???

It is like buying the 67 design stuff, just ordered the rail, phone, camera and tablet holder set up. It just about killed me to press the buy button for 250 dollars as my 15 dollar phone holder was doing ok.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I want something like the Diabolical Slipstream, but I just have not been able to wrap my head around the cost yet. I will probably buy it maybe wait until payday for the wife???

It is like buying the 67 design stuff, just ordered the rail, phone, camera and tablet holder set up. It just about killed me to press the buy button for 250 dollars as my 15 dollar phone holder was doing ok.

Honestly, if I didn't have to haul around expensive camera gear I wouldn't need the Slipstream. Camping gear, and all the other stuff I keep in the back is pretty minimal and doesn't need the hefty protection. I do like the engineering of the product and that's what you're paying for. I use it with the hardtop on or off. No issues.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice

It was a hard pill to swallow, but it's usefulness and versatility have made it worthwhile to me. The other options were either not very secure, required install and removal when putting on/taking off the hardtop, or weren't as useful. I even looked at building my own, of similar design, and it would have cost at least as much or more to do well. I would definitely buy a Slipstream again.

Sponsored

jefflilj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S color Mojito!
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
This is not true, just fold the rear seat forward and the carpet covered board lifts right out of the way.
Really, I had no idea. I’ll have to check that out. Bummer you can access it that way. Hopefully most people wouldn’t know this except for Jeep people, but I’d think most of them would be decent enough not to steal from other Jeep people.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the Slipstream and Locker Down center console safe. Really like both.

joshrude

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
I have the diabolical slipstream for my 2dr. It took 6hrs to install bc of the little to no instructions for the 2dr model. Worth every bit of money.

20200210_155627.jpg

20200210_155724.jpg

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S
I've had my Diabolical Slipstream for about 10 months and I love it. I use it for secure storage of my Dometic when my hardtop is off and then as a shelf system with the top on.
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_5033.JPG
snow tail.jpg

Sponsored

NickL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
What are people doing for lockable storage in your JL?
In our JK's we used the Tuffy lock box under the drivers seat, and loved how simple and safe it was.

We try not to leave anything valuable in the jeep when we are out without doors/top, but sometimes its unavoidable.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has a solution for a bolted down lock box.

thanks
4WP had the Tuffy Center Console Lock Box on Sale and it works well. Fits phones, small tablets and handguns nicely. Also Amazon has a variety of portable gun vaults with security cable that wraps around seat mounts.

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey
For me, it's arranged like this.
68922323_10157544723234250_92846283722588160_o.jpg
Sponsored