First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
These have become our most popular JL product. If you have any questions about our carrier, feel free to ask away!

1F019FEB-DCDF-4B5B-97CF-38D58637C6B4.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Any install instructions? I don't see any 8 lug options on the website. What is the weight of this carrier? Also when i tried to checkout there is no longer free shipping? Thanks

Hey!
There is an install video from our friends at JLLife Offroad on YouTube ( I can link this if needed). Because there are so many different possible bolt patterns we have not added them yet to the website, but you can simply put a note in your order (order comments box at checkout) with what bolt pattern you need and we will facilitate that request.

Also, we began charging shipping on these several weeks ago. Unfortunately the increase in shipping costs and the overall size / weight of this puts free shipping out of the question with the forum discount (15%).

If we can do anything to make your decision easier, let me know!

Thanks,
Dave

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Any install instructions? I don't see any 8 lug options on the website. What is the weight of this carrier? Also when i tried to checkout there is no longer free shipping? Thanks
Also to answer your question on weight. The carrier is right at 67 lbs.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Also to answer your question on weight. The carrier is right at 67 lbs.
Hey Dave any side view pictures, I’m coming from an Evo carrier that I absolutely hate except for how close it pulls the tire in to the tailgate. I’m definitely leaning towards yours but haven’t been able to find any side shots, offsets between -12 to +12 is what I usually run.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Hey Dave any side view pictures, I’m coming from an Evo carrier that I absolutely hate except for how close it pulls the tire in to the tailgate. I’m definitely leaning towards yours but haven’t been able to find any side shots, offsets between -12 to +12 is what I usually run.

I can get some and have them posted today. Keep in mind, our carrier has a fair amount of adjustability to pull the tire in to the tailgate, or push it out...so really you can have it as tight, or as far away as you like.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I can get some and have them posted today. Keep in mind, our carrier has a fair amount of adjustability to pull the tire in to the tailgate, or push it out...so really you can have it as tight, or as far away as you like.
I’ll also go out and get a few pics. I’m running 37” Yoko MTs on 4” backspaced TR beadlocks and have the carrier positioned as tight as I can. The tire is extremely close to touching the carrier. Perfect for me. High and tight, less likely to drag it on a steep obstacle.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ll also go out and get a few pics. I’m running 37” Yoko MTs on 4” backspaced TR beadlocks and have the carrier positioned as tight as I can. The tire is extremely close to touching the carrier. Perfect for me. High and tight, less likely to drag it on a steep obstacle.
Sounds good Dave, I was just comparing to some others out there that don’t have the adjustability to pull in tight to the tailgate. I want this next one to be the last one I buy.

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Sounds good Dave, I was just comparing to some others out there that don’t have the adjustability to pull in tight to the tailgate. I want this next one to be the last one I buy.
Sorry I didn't get those yesterday, I wasn't around the JL and couldn't get a photo, but will today.
I can personally guarantee you this will be the last carrier you ever buy. There is a TON of adjustability as it pertains to pulling the tire in or pushing away from the gate, to give you an idea...these are 24x14" American Forces (I know I know) that one of our customers are running on our carrier :P

77B058FC-3BF1-4219-A95D-6F10F96186E7.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Well, still not being around the JL I found this on my laptop. 40" tire on a 17x9 KMC Machette. There is still adjustment to come in even more...but obviously that would cause contact with the carrier. In short, there is a ton of adjustability to bring the tire/wheel in as tight as you want with nearly any backspacing.

IMG_2053.jpeg

APiratesLife4Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I installed mine last week. I'm VERY happy with how solid it is, and yes it's very adjustable!

What is everyone else doing about CB antennas? I was using the Cooltech mount, but that's not going to work as-is. Before I go drilling holes in this beefy boy, does anyone have a more elegant solution?

OP
OP
CavFab_mfg

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
I installed mine last week. I'm VERY happy with how solid it is, and yes it's very adjustable!

What is everyone else doing about CB antennas? I was using the Cooltech mount, but that's not going to work as-is. Before I go drilling holes in this beefy boy, does anyone have a more elegant solution?

there are 2 bolts that look like they dont do anything on the right side of the tire by the hinges.

those are there so you can mount basically anything you want.
Heavy duty nuts welded into the carrier
it will require a 1/2" hole in whatever you are mounting
Sponsored