Savvy Magnaflow Built JL Axle Back Exhaust impression

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Thought I would post a little feedback on the Savvy Magnaflow axle back exhaust.
For those looking for a quite, but high tuck out of the way axle back, this might be your ticket.

I tried the Dynomax muffler delete pipe, but after a week I removed it and went back to stock.
Despite what other opinions say, for me, it is a lot louder than stock, and has drone at certain RPM's, did not like it, just not my cup of tea.

The Savvy Magnaflow exhaust I took a chance on since I did not see any data on it or anyone use it, or sound clips.
I think it's a nice compromise, quite with only a little more tone over stock. But it also add's 3" more clearance over stock for those that rock crawl. It's well made, all stainless and fit perfect.

Here are the links to it that I found.
https://savvyoffroad.com/product/savvy-magnaflow-built-jl-axle-back-exhaust/
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/axle-back-mufflers/sav-jlexh-savvy-magnaflow-axle-back-exhaust
It seems if you buy direct from Savvy, it's a $150+ cheaper than at Northridge4x4, which is odd, I think NR4x4 did not get the memo it was on sale.

Here is a couple pics and video's:

Comparison:
20191108_140207-X5.jpg

Stock pic:
20191108_134955-X5.jpg

Savvy pic:
20191108_141026-X5.jpg

First cold start up video:
https://photos.smugmug.com/2019-JEEP-JLUR/i-4ckJ67K/0/3e6b87b3/1920/20191108_141434-1920.mp4

Interior sound:
https://photos.smugmug.com/2019-JEEP-JLUR/i-V6RC2JP/0/c1facd9b/1920/20191108_142821-1920.mp4
Sponsored

OP
OP
DLW

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I like this a lot. Thank you for sharing. This seems like exactly what I’ve been looking for. Something smaller but not (really) louder.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for taking the time to post up your feedback and pics, DLW! It's amazing how such a simple change can make such a big improvement to the appearance of the rear end.

Sponsored

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Dan, is somebody could just get those last couple of Db's without the giant muffler!

jeepnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Just installed this last week. Very simple install - remove the hanger brackets and stock muffler together, WD the hanger bushings/brackets and move them over to new exhaust (channel locks works). Mine fit perfect.

I tried the muffler delete pipe first - was too loud for me (and annoying). In my opinion they got this setup perfect. Great clearance (already smashed the stock muffler) and just a bit more sound. On cold start it has a slight rumble until idles down - then cant really tell not stock. and when you are on the throttle it's got some noise but goes pretty quiet at cruise. Original poster did an excellent/accurate review.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I agree, a bit pricey. Savvy is not one of the high volume major exhaust manufactures though and price is $395, which puts it in the same area (a bit cheaper) than the similar, but bigger AFE's high-tuck exhaust.
https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...-409-stainless-steel-axle-back-exhaust-system

Of course one could make their own as well with any muffler of your choosing with the right tools.
Thanks for sharing...the AFE sounds noticeably louder than the Savy in the sound clips. Any idea as to why that is if the AFE has a bigger muffler?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DLW

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Thanks for sharing...the AFE sounds noticeably louder than the Savy in the sound clips. Any idea as to why that is if the AFE has a bigger muffler?
Not really sure why the AFE seems louder, they are just different mufflers producing different sounds I think.
I am glad I went with the Savvy setup with the smaller muffler though for the clearance, plus it's pretty quite, so a win/win for me.

One more question... Do you have the 3.6L?
Yes, it is a 3.6L.

Just installed this last week. Very simple install - remove the hanger brackets and stock muffler together, WD the hanger bushings/brackets and move them over to new exhaust (channel locks works). Mine fit perfect.

I tried the muffler delete pipe first - was too loud for me (and annoying). In my opinion they got this setup perfect. Great clearance (already smashed the stock muffler) and just a bit more sound. On cold start it has a slight rumble until idles down - then cant really tell not stock. and when you are on the throttle it's got some noise but goes pretty quiet at cruise. Original poster did an excellent/accurate review.
Thanks for adding your comments.
I struggled to find a high clearance, plus quite, and zero drone exhaust myself, so thought this would help a little for those in my situation.
I agree, the fit was perfect and very easy to install, took me 20 minutes since I already done it twice before by using the muffler delete pipe, then back to stock, then to Savvy.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for all this Dan. I ordered the Savvy last night and even found a discount code that worked to save a few bucks. They are fairly pricey on the shipping so anything helps.

On a side note I drove by Union City today on the way to see the Jeep & Truck show in San Mateo :)

OP
OP
DLW

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Thank you for all this Dan. I ordered the Savvy last night and even found a discount code that worked to save a few bucks. They are fairly pricey on the shipping so anything helps.

On a side note I drove by Union City today on the way to see the Jeep & Truck show in San Mateo :)
Good deal!
If you ever see an Punk'n jeep around this way, lifted a bit with 38's, throw me a wave or signal me to pull over :)..
I did not even know about the Jeep&Truck show, I think sometimes I live under a rock..

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

How much shipped with the discount?
Sponsored