ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Sure, if you don’t mind sharing them...

I’ve narrowed it down to the Ripp or Magnuson... just need to decide if I want to attempt the install myself.

What programmer did you use to load the tune?

The install wasn’t particularly difficult, but was time consuming. I probably spent 16 hours installing it. My winch and bumper have to be moved to remove the grill... I have the installation instructions in pdf if you want to see the process in detail.
Sponsored

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 1988 YJ, 1983 CJ8, 1979 CJ7
The RIPP comes with a Diablosport unlocked PCM and a Diablosport Intune I3 loaded with the tune for the supercharger. You will not be able to use off the shelf tunes, you have to change the MAP sensor to accomodate the higher manifold pressure from the supercharger. (RIPP includes). The RIPP comes with new higher output injectors The tune has to be set to use the new map data, and larger injectors. The only glitch I had in my installation was the tune, it coded a P0129 for low barametric pressure. I called RIPP, they requested 3 files from the Intune I3. I emailed them Tuesday morning. Their tuner sent a new tune just after lunch and it's ran great with no codes since. Send me an email address and I'll forward the i

I’ve narrowed it down to the Ripp or Magnuson... just need to decide if I want to attempt the install myself.

The RIPP came with the diablosport unlocked PCM, and a diablosport intune i3 preloaded with the tune.

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The biggest difference in the RIPP and the Manguson is centrifugal versus roots supercharger. The technical folks like the roots because it makes linear boost, double the rpm, double the air. The centrifugal makes more, double the rpm and the air volume squares. If you set up for correct air at max boost, the roots is stronger at mid rpms because it is delivering more air. Wide open power is virtually the same. I like the centrifugal better because it is more compact and more efficient. You actually increase your fuel economy with centrifugal, versus lose with a roots. The midline rpm air problem is managed by producing more air than the engine can use and venting excess air through a blow off valve. Enjoy evaluating the differences, you’ll love the power no matter which you choose.

cth16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL

If noise is a concern, the Magnuson should operate significantly quieter.

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was worried about noise when I installed, not supercharger noise, but engine noise through the air intake from changing in the factory airbox to a cone filter. It did not materialize. The long piping, supercharger, and air to air cooler work as a muffler system, so the noise did not materialize. It is a little throatier sounding under hard acceleration. The biggest noise change is the bypass air decelerating. It’s got to go somewhere, you create it turning the supercharger with the belt, if you send it through the engine it will reduce hold back. Actually it isn’t particularly loud, it’s just a new sound. I like the wayit sounds, but then again I’m pretty bad to drop v8 with a performance cam and exhaust in my jeeps. My RIPP Supercharged 3.6 JLU on 37’s and 5.13 gears is faster than my 350 small block Chevy roller rocker roller cam fuel injected YJ on 35’s with 4.56 gears....and much quieter.

Sponsored

Eric200mph

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler rubicon 4dr
The RIPP comes with a Diablosport unlocked PCM and a Diablosport Intune I3 loaded with the tune for the supercharger. You will not be able to use off the shelf tunes, you have to change the MAP sensor to accomodate the higher manifold pressure from the supercharger. (RIPP includes). The RIPP comes with new higher output injectors The tune has to be set to use the new map data, and larger injectors. The only glitch I had in my installation was the tune, it coded a P0129 for low barametric pressure. I called RIPP, they requested 3 files from the Intune I3. I emailed them Tuesday morning. Their tuner sent a new tune just after lunch and it's ran great with no codes since. Send me an email address and I'll forward the i

The RIPP came with the diablosport unlocked PCM, and a diablosport intune i3 preloaded with the tune.
I just had shop install ripp JL Super charger and 9 tunes later still runs bad over 3 weeks . Starts and stalls then finely start s when driving it hesitates .

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just had shop install ripp JL Super charger and 9 tunes later still runs bad over 3 weeks . Starts and stalls then finely start s when driving it hesitates .
Mine did that on initial install tune. I pulled three files and sent to Ripp, got a tune back within hours. It ran very well when installed, some minor surging at light throttle that went away after the computer “learn “ process. Have you talked to Ripp personally?

Eric200mph

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine did that on initial install tune. I pulled three files and sent to Ripp, got a tune back within hours. It ran very well when installed, some minor surging at light throttle that went away after the computer “learn “ process. Have you talked to Ripp personally?
yes i have talk to Chris and Ross many times , 25 emails with different tune files and getting worse , there they might change my tuner

EricP

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door
Do the tunes that accompany forced induction kits require premium fuel, or do you get to keep regular unleaded?

Sponsored

Eric200mph

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on this?
YES
here is deal , I finally gave my jeep to Ripp and they have had it for 2 months for R&D ,in very short as to complicated to explain there was a different release Cal engine ID with 2019 jeep JL 3.6 from Mopar . Ripp had to rewrite tune and they finally have it running perfect and fast , they worked out all the little bugs, there will probably be 2 different tunes available with JL Kit. We are putting on Dino next week there will be You tube video. Ripp has been really good with this, Ross really cares about his product and customers . i did know that the super charger for Jeep JL was new and complicated but went for it on 1st release. Fortunately i lived 1 hour from Ripp and I have another car to drive while they have had it. i cant wait to have her back. I will be a jeep invasion this year to show off. I will post facts later after i get it back next week. it was my give back to the Jeep community who want 380HP to the rear wheels with 38" tires ! LOL

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Great to hear!

Also good to know Ripp has good customer service...

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update. Ripp tune has evolved since installation. I have latest tune and must say it runs great. Jeep has awesome power, holds 7th and 8th gear well, great throttle response and the fuel mileage is good. There is no reason to hold off installing a RIPP supercharger!! If I totalled my Jeep, the RIPP supercharger would be one of the earlier modifications to its replacement.

Eric200mph

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my jeep is on their you tube channel , it is the granite metallic one with red grill and 38" tires
Sponsored